Stacking Methylated Orals – Is It Really Worse? – A Theoretical Question

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Everybody seems to agree that stacking 17-aa methylated orals will cause increased liver toxicity and is generally a dumb idea. It seems prudent to avoid doing so. But I’m wondering why this might be a case? What’s the evidence that stacking two or more methylated compounds is really worse than taking just one? Is there a theoretical reason, clinical research, or blood work behind this? Before you flame me, please allow me to clarify…

If 20mg PP or 10mg Superdrol alone are liver toxic, then it stands to reason that taking both – each at the same dose (20mg PP + 10mg superdrol) - would be significantly more hepatoxic. (I’m not questioning this.) What I’m wondering about is why taking both at lower doses would be more hepatoxic than taking one alone at higher doses. Is there an interaction or synergy that makes the combination inherently more hepatoxic?

To simplify for the point of illustration, let’s say that Superdrol, mg per mg, is twice as liver toxic as PP. (Maybe it is or isn’t, but let’s assume for now.) So in terms of hepatoxicity, 1mg SD = 2mg PP. From what I read on AM about stacking methyls, taking 10mg SD + 20mg PP is assumed to be more liver toxic than taking higher doses of either alone. (For instance, under our assumption, the “hepatoxically-equivalent” doses of 20mg SD or 40mg PP.) But this may or not be the case. If the mechanisms of hepatoxicity are distinct for each compound, then combining them may have some multiplicative effect (making 10mg SD + 20mg PP worse than either 20mg SD or 40mg PP alone). But if the hepatoxicity for both is mediated by the same mechanism, then there might NOT be a multiplicative effect by combining both, making stacking them (at lower doses) no more damaging than taking one (at a higher dose).

An analogy:

Scenario A:
Both vodka (V) and acetaminophen (Tylenol, T) are liver toxic when taken alone. But they’re toxic through different mechanisms, and the risk of liver toxicity is significantly increased by combining them. Taking 6 vodka shots + 6 Tylenol daily is more liver toxic, in the long-term, than taking either 12 vodka shots or 12 Tylenol daily. 6V + 6T > 12V or 12T. (This analogy is muddied a little by the fact that high acute doses of Tylenol taken within a single 24-hour period can present severe cases of short-term liver toxicity, but hopefully you get my drift.)

Scenario B:
But vodka (V) and beer (B), while both liver toxic, are hepatoxic through identical mechanisms. In terms of long-term liver toxicity, 10 vodka shots + 10 beers are no more liver toxic than 20 vodka shots or 20 beers. 10V + 10B = 20V = 20B. There’s nothing inherently more toxic about “stacking” vodka and beer, as the toxicity of both is due to the same cause, alcohol.

So is there any evidence that stacking two 17-aa methyls is more similar to scenario “A”? The discussion of stacking methylated orals on this board seems to assume a situation similar to “A”. But “B” could in fact provide a more accurate representation, in which case stacking methyls would not be any worse than using a single methyl, provided that the doses of each methyl were reduced accordingly (cut in half with two methyls, cut to 1/3 with three methyls, etc.).

I’m certainly not an expert on steroid metabolism, which is why I’m asking this question. But my limited understanding is that the hepatoxicity of 17-aa methylated orals results from the production of a 17-glucuronide metabolite that causes cholestasis. (Oxandrolone, while 17-aa, doesn’t exhibit similar toxicity because it is not metabolized into a 17-glucuronide metabolite.)

If this is accurate, it would appear that the liver toxicities of all 17-aa methylated compounds are mediated through the same mechanism: 17-glucuronide metabolites. In other words, a situation closer to Scenario “B” than “A”. In this case, it seems reasonable that combining multiple 17-aa methyls, at lower doses, would be no more hepatoxic than taking a single methyl at a higher dose. In other words, if 1mg SD = 2mg PP in terms of liver toxicity, then 10mg SD + 20mg PP = 20mg SD = 40mg PP.

(The obvious response to this is, "Small, subtle differences in chemical structure can result in significant differences in action. Thus, even if the liver toxicities of 17-aa orals result from the same general mechanism (17-glucuronide metabolites), the various 17-glucuronide metabolites might differ in the specific way that they interact with the ATP bind cassette transporters to cause cholestasis, possibly making them more toxic in combination." The first sentence is undoubtedly true. The second, maybe, maybe not. Again, do we have reason to suspect one way or the other?)

To be clear, I’m not advocating stacking multiple 17-aa methylated compounds. And I’m not even claiming that it is or isn’t worse, that it’s situation “A” or “B”. But do we have REASON to believe that stacking is worse (theoretical, clinical, or otherwise)? Why? How? Or is this simply assumed?

I’d like some discussion and clarification of this issue.

(We do know that the beneficial effects of various 17-aa methylated orals are not all mediated by identical mechanisms. For the purposes of building LBM and strength, PP, SD, HD and others work through somewhat distinct mechanisms to provide unique benefit profiles. In many cases, stacking multiple synergistic methyls – at lower doses – might provide greater benefits than any single one at a higher dose… Of course, this doesn’t really matter if the combo eats your liver.)

P.S. I’ve been reading at AM for some time, although I just recently started posting. I originally came across BB.com first, but found it less than helpful. I remember reading a post at BB.com that said something along the lines of, “those guyz over at AM.com were talking about this but I couldnt understand them cuz they were using all sorts of science and studys and complacated words and s**t like their all supersmart doctors and scientists or somthing.” That was the final post I ever read at BB.com.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The best scenario would be to do bloodwork before and after. And then run the two compounds together for 4 weeks. Then get post blood work. You'd have to do this with multiple subjects (As I haven't had problems with liver values being altered significantly)

Popa Murph

Awards
If you're looking for clinical studies you won't find any on these new designers like SD, PP, TRN ect. I'm sure lots of people will have theories backed by sound science. The only thing that gets me is, people are taking these compounds to better their body in some area be it bulking, cutting, recomp, increasing strength and there are plenty of studied compounds (Test, tren, EQ, ect) prooven in these areas. The only thing that these designers have going for them is their legality.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
If you're looking for clinical studies you won't find any on these new designers like superdrol, PP, TRN ect. I'm sure lots of people will have theories backed by sound science. The only thing that gets me is, people are taking these compounds to better their body in some area be it bulking, cutting, recomp, increasing strength and there are plenty of studied compounds (Test, tren, EQ, ect) prooven in these areas. The only thing that these designers have going for them is their legality.
I'm sure we won't find studies specifically examining new desigers like Superdrol, PP, Halo, etc. But I'd be interested to know if there had been research performed on stacking older 17aa orals available as pharmas and on the black market, as the damage of stacking these compounds should be similar to the damage of stocking the designer methyls.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I know one guy who took 300mg Anadrol ED for 8 weeks without any liver protection, no problem, good bloodwork.

I had liver soreness on 20mg Ergomax for 4 weeks.

Go figure.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the link. I read that a long time ago but didn't come across it when searching for material specifically on this question. Definitely relevant to the issue.

Still, though, while Bobo provides a very plausible explanation of how stacking 17-aa methylated orals might be more toxic than taking them alone, the post doesn't address the issue of whether there's any evidence that this is actually true.

I'm not disagreeing with what he wrote. But it seems like his argument was along the lines of "Stacking may be more toxic for these reasons", not "We know it's more toxic [or have strong reason to believe it's more toxic] because..." To me, still seems like conjecture rather than likely fact.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
This is a good question. I think I will try an experiment on my rat this winter. I am thinking 10mg PP, 10mg SD and 25mg Halodrol for 6 weeks then have the little rodents blood tested afterward. Or maybe 5mg M1T, 10mg PP and 10mg SD. Or 5 M1T, 10 SD and 25 HD. Or ...

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
This is a good question. I think I will try an experiment on my rat this winter. I am thinking 10mg PP, 10mg superdrol and 25mg Halodrol for 6 weeks then have the little rodents blood tested afterward. Or maybe 5mg M1T, 10mg PP and 10mg SD. Or 5 M1T, 10 SD and 25 HD. Or ...
That would be very interesting. I would love to see the results of that. Obviously, the bloodwork for one cycle of a single rat isn't exactly definitive. But at least it'd be a some data to point us in the right direction.

Or... If you really want to find the answer, your rat should take 20 M1T, 40 SD, 40 PP, and 100 HD for 8 weeks, with a little vodka in his water bottle on Friday and Saturday nights. If he's not dead by the end, then I'm convinced that stacking in lower doses is safe. If he is dead, just go to the pet store and pick up a new one. ;)

e_man

Awards
Hey you need to make sure that those rats hit that threadmill and the weights during that cycle.

chuck89gt5.0

Awards
I might get flamed or whatever but I have done

30mg superdrol
6mg trn
150mg Hdrol
200mg megazol

everyday for 8 weeks straight, hardly any sides, felt great.
I used that for cutting and it worked AWESOME got shredded and veins like you wouldnt believe, I mean crazy veins!

I am still alive and doing fine ,so all oral cycles are built up to be so horrible and guys always say dont stack more than 2 orals....

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How old are you?

You do realize that unless you have done bloodwork you statement is not only ignorant but rediculous. Not to mention foolish and irresponsible.

Thanks for sharing.

chuck89gt5.0

Awards
I am 25 and have done about 6 cycles, mostly all injectables. All cycles were atleast 3 or more compounds and high dosages for atleast 16 weeks. I like to push the envelope....I didnt say it was safe or for everyone. I also weighed 245 when I did my last cycle. I have been in the game for about 4-5 years I have done my homework and have studied and learned as much as one can.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Funny I know someone who got jaundice from 30mgs of SD after 4 weeks. It really depends on the person, but don't by any means believe that you are not doing any damage to your system.

30mg superdrol
6mg trn
150mg Hdrol
200mg megazol

I used that for cutting and it worked AWESOME got shredded and veins like you wouldnt believe, I mean crazy veins!

I am still alive and doing fine ,so all oral cycles are built up to be so horrible and guys always say dont stack more than 2 orals....

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established

30mg superdrol
6mg trn
150mg Hdrol
200mg megazol

Yeah... the fact that you felt great, got shredded, and are still breathing doesn't really help as far as answering my question. I'm not aware of any correlation between "crazy veins" and liver health.

My buddy always feels awesome when he goes on a 36-hour cocaine and bourbon bender, but there's plenty of research demonstrating the elevated hepatoxicity of that combination. On the plus side, his liver gets totally shredded!

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ironically, because of Cycle Support my liver is fine. As well as cholesterol which was last at 110.

AST/ALT 32-36.

I forgot the exact as it was somewhere there but I had them written down in another thread.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i would think that the stacking would be exponetiolly more harsh in my theory there are two compounds to breakdown which means more metabolites, and all that other scientific stuff. One compound would seem to be processed a little easier as the body gets used to its structure. I dont know much just a theory in my mind.(after all i just went on a drug binge this weekend and havent slept). ???

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
i would think that the stacking would be exponetiolly more harsh in my theory there are two compounds to breakdown which means more metabolites, and all that other scientific stuff. One compound would seem to be processed a little easier as the body gets used to its structure. I dont know much just a theory in my mind.(after all i just went on a drug binge this weekend and havent slept). ???
There are two compounds to break down and thus a wider array of metabolites... But, if you're taking them at 1/2 the normal dose, then there's half as much of each compound to break down and half the concentration of their metabolites. So I'm not sure that taking multiple compounds would necessarily be worse if there was a correspondingly lower amount of each compound.

(Again, I'm not advocating stacking methyls. I'm just interested if there's anything other than conjecture behind the notion that stacking them is inherently more toxic.)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's my theory.

You have hundreds more posts in 4 months than members with years on the board do.

You have a theory on and a need to share on just about everything and take far too many threads of topic.

You ask the same questions over and over again in new threads.

We appreciate participation but we also value quality over quantity.

Now, seriously, resist the urge to explain or rebutt my post with another post of your own. Just take a hint and let it go.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the link. I read that a long time ago but didn't come across it when searching for material specifically on this question. Definitely relevant to the issue.

Still, though, while Bobo provides a very plausible explanation of how stacking 17-aa methylated orals might be more toxic than taking them alone, the post doesn't address the issue of whether there's any evidence that this is actually true.

I'm not disagreeing with what he wrote. But it seems like his argument was along the lines of "Stacking may be more toxic for these reasons", not "We know it's more toxic [or have strong reason to believe it's more toxic] because..." To me, still seems like conjecture rather than likely fact.
No, its not conjecture at all, its a fact.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
No, its not conjecture at all, its a fact.
First, no disrespect, as you obviously know more about this than I do. I agree with most of what you said in your post and recognize it as fact. To clarify, I wasn't trying to say that everything you said is conjecture. Just the connection between your factual statements and predicted results of stacking methyls. Specifically:

"There are intermediate stages in which sometimes the metabolite produced is harsher than than the parent hormone. Dbol is a great example because 17 methyl estradiol is much more potent than dbol itself. THe problem is that with the majority of the new substances the metabolites are unknown and you could very easily being introducing a fairly potent metabolite even though the paretn hormone is relatively weak/less toxic."

Agreed, but this refers to how the metabolites can be more toxic than the parent compound (which they generally are), not the interaction or cumulative effects of metabolites from multiple compounds.

"Its not really about one parent hormone or one enzyme. ITs about mutiple horones and multiple enzymes at various stages. At varisou time the the conversion of hormones into less and/or more substances causes the production of free radicals. YOu also have to understnad htat the liver does numerous tasks (packagin of HDL/LDL/ etc..., serves as the main glucose buffer, converst lactic acid to an important fule rather than a toxic substance, etc...the list goes on and on) so by stressing the liver can easily effect other areas...

"So in the process's of oxidation, reduction, and hydrolysis which converts toxic checmicals into less toxic chemicals the risk of increased free adical products which can easily damage hepatocytes is raised. THis in turn can cause a host of problem with the above mentioned tasks that the liver can perform."

I agree with everything you say, but this describes how the metabolites of a methylated compound can produce toxicity, and how this toxicity can be unpredictable due to the complexity of the metabolism. Again, it doesn't address why multiple methylated compounds would inherently cause more toxicity.

I just don't see where you make the jump from describing how the metabolism of a methyl can cause hepatoxicity (and how it is difficult to predict the degree and nature of the toxicity) to an explanation for why stacking methyls will be more hepatoxic than a single methyl... I get that your post describes why it may be difficult to predict the interaction between stacked methyls, and why it's completely plausible that some combinations might be more hepatoxic than either substance alone in some circumstances. But I don't see an explanation for why stacking should or will be more hepatoxic in most or all cases. That's specifically what I was calling conjecture.

Perhaps I am misreading something in your original post. Or perhaps you can elaborate on your previous post as to why, specifically, the metabolites of multiple 17-aa methylated orals will interact to cause a greater degree of hepatoxicity than either alone.

(Remember, my original question involved a comparison between stacking in appropriately reduced doses, not a comparison between stacking multiple compounds (e.g. 20SD+20PP) to a single compound at the exact same dose (e.g. 20SD alone).)

theface

theface

Awards
  • Established
I know one guy who took 300mg Anadrol ED for 8 weeks without any liver protection, no problem, good bloodwork.

I had liver soreness on 20mg Ergomax for 4 weeks.

Go figure.
Same here. I have two very good friends who both were avid prohormone users. One friend had no problem with his liver, however the other saw very bad liver related side effects and had to be hospitalized, had to stop the cycle immediately, and lost all of the gains of his cycle. Personally, I have taken 4 17 methylated oral cycles and have avidly used liver protection; i.e. milk thistle/liver aid. My advise to anyone would be to stick with the 1+ gallon a day of water intake with a liver detoxification agent. In terms of stacking 17-methylated compounds then liver protection and hydration is a must in my opinion. Furthermore, tylenol and alcohol have been proven to be extremely liver toxic and I don't see how the tylenol corporation has avoided lawsuits relating to health problems related from acetam. use. A doctor who I contacted prior to my first 17-meth cycle said that I should cut out all other potentially liver toxic substances from my diet; i.e. tylenol and alcohol. I have had no problems so far with stacking 17 methylated compounds, but have cut all other toxic compounds out of my diet....

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I have taken 4 17 methylated oral cycles and have avidly used liver protection; i.e. milk thistle/liver aid... I have had no problems so far with stacking 17 methylated compounds, but have cut all other toxic compounds out of my diet....
Out of the four cycles, how many of them involved stacking multiple methylated orals? Did you get blood work done for any of the cycles?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
it seems to me one would be safer and make better gains taking 25mg of dbol and 50mg of drol rather than 150mg of drol

i posted an article written by almost pro a while ago where he stated that exact same thing and it was corroberated by his bloodwork (which i realize is a very personal thing and really shows nothing for people in general)

he stated he believes there is a synergestic effect when using the two that will provide greater gains than higher doses of either taken singularly

i don't use any orals ever so i certainly have no personal anecdotal evidence, i just thought it was interesting and it does seem it would be less liver toxic to take 75mg of oral gear as opposed to 150mg ... i could be very wrong though

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
This question always gets brought up. I feel like it would be very difficult to get a concrete answer. Everyone is different and therefore has a different tolerance to liver toxicity.

Common sense would say that if alcohol is bad for your liver and tylenol is bad for your liver, then using both would be worse. I think the same would apply to methylated steroids.

The real question is, if you can use smaller amounts of each compound, would it be more toxic then using a larger amount of just 1 compound?

Although this topic is interesting, it has little real world significance for those of us who use injectables.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
My buddy always feels awesome when he goes on a 36-hour cocaine and bourbon bender, but there's plenty of research demonstrating the elevated hepatoxicity of that combination. On the plus side, his liver gets totally shredded!
Ya gotta **** up my personal life, don't you?

The issue is basically synergy towards an overall effect. I don't think there are any studies specifically showing that steroid x stacked with steroid y is more hepatoxic than the sum of the two taken alone. However drugs have synergies. Take some drugs and the positive benefits are enhanced in a 1+1=3 kind of way. The same for the negative effects, and few people are stupid enough to want to find out specifics. It's a matter of safety.

And I love people who claim they are okay with no bloodwork to prove it. Makes me smile every time in a weird, Darwinian way.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
There are two compounds to break down and thus a wider array of metabolites... But, if you're taking them at 1/2 the normal dose, then there's half as much of each compound to break down and half the concentration of their metabolites. So I'm not sure that taking multiple compounds would necessarily be worse if there was a correspondingly lower amount of each compound.
The problem with this reasoning is your body is a complex system and doesn't respond in a linear fashion when more than one variable is involved.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Methyls all have the same chemical attatchment but they are all more or less toxic than one another.

for instance, anavar and m1t.

50mgs of anavar for 6 weeks will affect your lipids, but nothing drastic and overly harmful. On 50 mgs of m1t for 6 weeks there is a significant chance you will land yourself in the hostpital. Ill go as far as to say it is probable.

so though these steroids all have the same chemical attatchment, they are obviously metabolized differently. You take a large dose of one steroid..that is one steroid that the liver must handle in one fashion.

if you take 2 different oral steroids...that is two steroids that your liver must handle in TWO different fashions. To me, this means twice the liver stress.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
However drugs have synergies. Take some drugs and the positive benefits are enhanced in a 1+1=3 kind of way. The same for the negative effects, and few people are stupid enough to want to find out specifics. It's a matter of safety.
Absolutely, drugs have synergies, both positive and negative. But they don't always have synergies. It completely depends on their specific mechanisms of action. (For example, amphetamines and caffeine have a "positive" synergy in terms of stimulatory effects because amphetamine's action on dopamine and norepinephrine and caffeine's effect on adenosine multiply each other when combined. Amphetamines and cocaine, however, actually have a slight "negative" synergy when combined, because they both act on the exact same DA and NE transporters and one can actually prevent the action of the other on that transporter.)

Although it's not always true, in general compounds with very similar mechanisms of action tend to have less synergy than those with distinct mechanisms which each act upon different points in a biochemical system. It's my understanding that the mechanisms of toxicity are very similar for all 17-aa methylated orals (even if the degrees of toxicity can vary greatly), which would suggest that stacking might not be as synergistically toxic as is assumed.

What I'm trying to figure out is if the idea that stacked methyls have toxic synergies is merely an assumption, or if there's actually any evidence that this is true.

All that said, I completely understand your point about people being unwilling to push safety limits on their own body with so much being unknown.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
The problem with this reasoning is your body is a complex system and doesn't respond in a linear fashion when more than one variable is involved.
True, it definitely does not respond in a linear fashion. But this says nothing about the direction of the response. Stacking could potentially be far more toxic. But it could also potentially be far less toxic. Which is why I asked the question.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Methyls all have the same chemical attatchment but they are all more or less toxic than one another.

50mgs of anavar for 6 weeks will affect your lipids, but nothing drastic and overly harmful. On 50 mgs of m1t for 6 weeks there is a significant chance you will land yourself in the hostpital. Ill go as far as to say it is probable.

so though these steroids all have the same chemical attatchment, they are obviously metabolized differently. You take a large dose of one steroid..that is one steroid that the liver must handle in one fashion.

if you take 2 different oral steroids...that is two steroids that your liver must handle in TWO different fashions. To me, this means twice the liver stress.
that was the same thing i was saying. In my logic thats what i would think....

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established

Your final statement doesn't necessarily follow. Even given that two different oral steroids are metabolized differently at certain points, this does not imply increased toxicity anymore than it implies decreased toxicity without knowing specifics. You could just as easily make the argument that allowing the liver to handle metabolites via multiple "fashions" or pathways would be safer for the liver, as the multiple mechanisms of metabolism would allow it to metabolize the compounds more easily and with less stress than if a single mechanism were being overstressed.

It all depends on the specific pathways of metabolism. I have yet to hear an answer as to why the metabolisms of multiple 17-aa methyls in particular could and do interact to cause increased toxicity.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
TS,

We have both sides who speculate. We also have both sides who present fact. Then there is also the issue that fact and speculation can apply indiscriminently both positively and negatively to people across the board. Meaning; so will some won't, some do some don't.

Prove your point with N=1
What is Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMB)?
What are Lipids? What is a Lipid?

Not trying to be rude. Do it yourself and find out. This is one way to find out how YOU will respond. Will this mean that your response is going to be fact across the board? No.

Having unprotected sex with an AIDS infected person is not guaranteed to give you AIDS. Want to run that test too?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
True, it definitely does not respond in a linear fashion. But this says nothing about the direction of the response. Stacking could potentially be far more toxic. But it could also potentially be far less toxic. Which is why I asked the question.
And you have your answer right here. No one wants to find out the cold hard truth of it because it would mean bye-bye liver. Also if the mechanism of action for hepatoxicity is the same then one would have to wonder why toxicity could vary so much between steroids on an mg/mg basis.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
Having unprotected sex with an AIDS infected person is not guaranteed to give you AIDS. Want to run that test too?
well someone's gonna have to do this .. so that someone might as well be Ubi .. Ubi, time to man up

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
TS,

We have both sides who speculate. We also have both sides who present fact. Then there is also the issue that fact and speculation can apply indiscriminently both positively and negatively to people across the board. Meaning; so will some won't, some do some don't.

Prove your point with N=1
What is Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMB)?
What are Lipids? What is a Lipid?

Not trying to be rude. Do it yourself and find out. This is one way to find out how YOU will respond. Will this mean that your response is going to be fact across the board? No.
I hear what you're saying. I'm not trying to argue either way, I'm just interested in the question. The opinion seemed to be strongly held but I couldn't find a definitive reason behind the opinion. I was just wondering if anybody could provide me with a detailed explanation as to why increased toxicity would necessarily occur or with research showing that it does, since I couldn't seem to find any on my own.

I certainly wasn't trying to argue that stacking IS safe.

Perhaps I will take your advice and find out how my body personally reacts, comparing a stack to the bloodwork I'm having done on my current Superdrol-only cycle.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their responses.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IPerhaps I will take your advice and find out how my body personally reacts, comparing a stack to the bloodwork I'm having done on my current Superdrol-only cycle.
Ironic. I used S-D as a beta tester. I was at as high as 50mg when I took my AST/ALT and it was unchanged. It could mislead someone to thing that it is OK to stack.

theface

theface

Awards
  • Established
Out of the four cycles, how many of them involved stacking multiple methylated orals? Did you get blood work done for any of the cycles?

Out of the four cycles all of them included stacking methylated orals. And yes my liver values were checked directly after cycle #3 and they were fine; my ALT and AST scores were in the normal range.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
it seems to me one would be safer and make better gains taking 25mg of dbol and 50mg of drol rather than 150mg of drol

i posted an article written by almost pro a while ago where he stated that exact same thing and it was corroberated by his bloodwork (which i realize is a very personal thing and really shows nothing for people in general)

he stated he believes there is a synergestic effect when using the two that will provide greater gains than higher doses of either taken singularly

i don't use any orals ever so i certainly have no personal anecdotal evidence, i just thought it was interesting and it does seem it would be less liver toxic to take 75mg of oral gear as opposed to 150mg ... i could be very wrong though
I agree. And I will again insist on the fact that I experienced liver soreness from 20mg Emax ED for 4 weeks, which reinforces that "IT'S EXTREMELY INDIVIDUAL" clause.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Ya gotta **** up my personal life, don't you?

The issue is basically synergy towards an overall effect. I don't think there are any studies specifically showing that steroid x stacked with steroid y is more hepatoxic than the sum of the two taken alone. However drugs have synergies. Take some drugs and the positive benefits are enhanced in a 1+1=3 kind of way. The same for the negative effects, and few people are stupid enough to want to find out specifics. It's a matter of safety.

And I love people who claim they are okay with no bloodwork to prove it. Makes me smile every time in a weird, Darwinian way.
Someone has to fill the ERs.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
well someone's gonna have to do this .. so that someone might as well be Ubi .. Ubi, time to man up
Ubis indisposed. He is out doing gay stunt **** work for Little Richard. Wait, hummm.... I guess its the same thing.