Interesting Scenario

JonK

Awards
Ok here is the deal, I've been looking for a source for innjectibles for the near future. But, 2 pro bodybuilders workout at my gym ("big enough" to have been in Flex magazine and you can find pics and such by googling their names) would any of you guys approach them about roids? I'm cool with them both, but one of them owns the gym and there is a policy of no talking about illegal substances and what not that can get you banned. What would you guys do?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Ok here is the deal, I've been looking for a source for innjectibles for the near future. But, 2 pro bodybuilders workout at my gym ("big enough" to have been in Flex magazine and you can find pics and such by googling their names) would any of you guys approach them about roids? I'm cool with them both, but one of them owns the gym and there is a policy of no talking about illegal substances and what not that can get you banned. What would you guys do?
Follow the policy. Make friends, spend time outside the gym and once you trust each other enough, I'm sure it'll come naturally.

jimmytftw35

Awards
Follow the policy. Make friends, spend time outside the gym and once you trust each other enough, I'm sure it'll come naturally.
I agree , it's not worth being banned .

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I've never purchased illegal AAS, but I have lots of experience (too much) dealing with other illegal substances... those pursued by law enforcement far more than AAS. I think the same general guidelines apply.

The suggestion to make friends and approach one of them (the non-owner is probably best) outside the gym is a good one. Other than that, my advice would definitely not be to approach them straight out and ask, "Hey, got any juice?" or "Can you hook me up with your supplier?" Rather, approach the subject indirectly. For example, mention - discretely and without being too specific - that you've been thinking about trying it, maybe looking around for a supply, and gauge their reaction.

In other words, give them the opportunity to help you out without actually putting them on the spot by asking directly. That way, if they don't want to hook you up, they won't have to say "no" straight out and you won't get banned.

JonK

Awards
i think im going to say something like, "hey u guys ever hear of or use things like superdrol?" and start the convo from there

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
i think im going to say something like, "hey u guys ever hear of or use things like superdrol?" and start the convo from there
That's a great idea. Hopefully they'll say something like, "Yeah, but the real stuff is better." At which point you're exactly where you want to be as far as starting the conversation without asking them straight out.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If they are pros then they get this all the time and many find it disrespectful especially in a gym setting. If you becomes friends outside of the gym then feel free when they are at your house or some such. Never do it at the gym if you consider them friends.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
DO NOT say a word to them about it ... that's a terrible position to put them in and IMO very rude

i hate hate hate hate the very few times people have asked me about gear in the gym

JonK

Awards
yeah, im not going to say anything to them about gear as of right now. I'm cool with them, but only hung out at the bar with them a few times. I'll wait until I know them a little better before I bring anything up

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey glen, you look kinda ripped man. You wouldn't know where I uhh could ummm, ya know?

Get an oil change for less than 19.99?

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I just run up and ask "ok so how much for like 500 d-bols?" lol

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah man dont go up to somebody and ask them for drugs like he is a criminal. thats disrepectful.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
If your hanging out with them outside the gym..I dont see a problem with talking to them about their position on the politics of steroid use. This would be a good way of bringing up the topic and guage their reaction. The subject could be easily changed with no one taken offense. If the response is good then you could go one about your own opinions and experience with anabolic steroids, prohormones, designers etc.. I think a intelligent and respectful approach would be the way to go.

I would have to agree with the majority and do not approach the topic at the gym.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DO NOT say a word to them about it ... that's a terrible position to put them in and IMO very rude

i hate hate hate hate the very few times people have asked me about gear in the gym

Personally, I hate it when people talk to me in the gym about anything outside of "how many sets do you have left with that?"

JonK

Awards
I'm not goin to say anything yet, and when I do it will be outside of the gym. I'm going to wait another couple months at least becuase most of their time is spent in the gym for competition prep for the next few weeks. I guess when / if things work out I'll be running a log of my first cycle on here at some point