Finasteride

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
I have seen many different opinions about finasteride and dosing. Some say 1-2mg while others say 5mg/daily. I've also heard taking it every day on cycle and EOD off cycle. What is the proper way to take finasteride?

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
they say 5 mg is the dose to take. they also say that 2.5mg will do about 90% of what 5mg will do. so poor guys like me use 2.5 and see results. I'm thinking of reducing it to 1.25 to see how well that works.

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
so far i've ran 4 cycles and only 2 months ago i began to see 5-10 hairs every time i look at my hands while shampoo'ing (with nizoral)...so now im worrying...i don't notice any thinning of my hair or balding patterns but i want to get to the problem before that happens...is there a better route for me other than finasteride...i read the sticky, but i don't want to try the massage comb

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
spiro, fina or duta, minox. those seem to be the best.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1 mg is prescribed for hairloss which is propecia and 5 mgs is prescribed for bph(inflamed prostate). the 1 mg tab is called propecia and the 5 mg tab is called proscar.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so far i've ran 4 cycles and only 2 months ago i began to see 5-10 hairs every time i look at my hands while shampoo'ing (with nizoral)...so now im worrying...i don't notice any thinning of my hair or balding patterns but i want to get to the problem before that happens...is there a better route for me other than finasteride...i read the sticky, but i don't want to try the massage comb
bro i am telling you start taking care of that NOW! i was in the exact same situation about 2 years ago and i stressed a little about it but did not do anything. now i wear a hat everyday. trying to play catch up and get my hair back now.

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
yea im gonna order finasteride within the next few weeks and start taking 1mg per day