Estrogen and your prostate health

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There has been a whole bunch or rather contradictory opinions regarding the benefits of estrogen in an anabolic cycle. There are the concerns with asthetics such as bloat and water retention. There is also some serious concer regarding gyno. But many seems to forget or are unaware of the other health risks associated with excessive and or extreme levels of estrogen.
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (Bph): Online References For Health Concerns
Among aging men, there is a growing imbalance between estrogen and testosterone. Testosterone levels, especially free testosterone, dramatically decline as men age, yet estrogen levels remain fairly stable or increase (Farnsworth WE 1996). Compared to younger males, older males have much more estradiol (the most potent form of estrogen) than free testosterone. These rising estrogen and declining androgen levels are even more sharply defined in the prostate gland. With aging, estrogen levels increase significantly in the prostate. Estrogen levels in prostate gland tissues rise even higher in men who have BPH (Shibata Y et al 2000; Gann PH et al 1995; Krieg M et al 1993).
Entrez PubMed
The age-dependent decrease of the DHT level in the epithelium and the increase of the estrogen level in the stroma lead to a significant increase of the estrogen/androgen ratio. This could be of pathobiological importance for BPH development.
Causes of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) - what causes benign prostatic hyperplasia?
Estrogen - Some authorities believe that the female hormone estrogen may also play a role in BPH; some estrogen is always present in men. As men age, testosterone levels drop and the proportion of estrogen increases, possibly triggering prostate growth.

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
So is it fair to conclude that as a man ages he should find a way to keep test production maximized so as to protect the prostate???

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm no expert but I think the reduced test is not as much of a concern as the increased estrogen. Obviously they likely go hand in hand. But if increasing test production does not lower(balance), or even increases estrogen, the estrogen is still considered a potential risk factor.

I know a Men's Anti-Aging Mecidine expert who has been known to make statements that suggest we want androgen, but not increased estrogen for improved male health.

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
well, as test production decreases so does recovery ability, sex drive, metabolism, etc...

I'm going to buy stock in ReboundXT, 6-OXO because of HRT doesn't take off then guys will have to use this stuff to suppress all that extra estrogen.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Interesting.....been wondering about the long term effects of estrogen supression (as produced by the new crop of lifestyle "male optimization" products like Alpha Drive, Jungle Warfare, Restore, etc.) which people take for months at a time. Maybe these type of products will find a secondary market in older male crowd?

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Maybe these type of products will find a secondary market in older male crowd?
I found one in my dad! I have a tribulus/6-OXO product. I gave a bottle to my mom and told her to give it to my dad. About three days later she was absolutely stunned. She said his mood had completely changed. Even the couple times I've talked to him on the phone he as seemed a lot more "cheerfull" than he's been in a very long time.

I thought it would help, but not to the degree my mom is claiming. Is kinda cool!

Dad is almost 70 yrs old, works out lightly a couple times per week. I've been bugging him about getting his test levels checked for years to no avail. But what the hell, this seems to working pretty well. He's been on it about a month as of this posting.

I'd post the brand, but don't think any of the sponsors carry it. It's nothing special anyway, there's 1700mg of tribulus and 300 mgs 6-OXO in a serving. I'm sure there's plenty of products similar out there.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I found one in my dad! I have a tribulus/6-OXO product. I gave a bottle to my mom and told her to give it to my dad. About three days later she was absolutely stunned. She said his mood had completely changed. Even the couple times I've talked to him on the phone he as seemed a lot more "cheerfull" than he's been in a very long time.

I thought it would help, but not to the degree my mom is claiming. Is kinda cool!

Dad is almost 70 yrs old, works out lightly a couple times per week. I've been bugging him about getting his test levels checked for years to no avail. But what the hell, this seems to working pretty well. He's been on it about a month as of this posting.

I'd post the brand, but don't think any of the sponsors carry it. It's nothing special anyway, there's 1700mg of tribulus and 300 mgs 6-OXO in a serving. I'm sure there's plenty of products similar out there.
Cool. Yeah, my father-in-law used to be quite the athlete (competed in senior olympics, etc.) but he got prostate cancer a couple years ago and despite successful surgery has gone down hill physically and mentally. I've been thinking about suggesting a product like Jungle Warfare but I've been leery of messing with his hormones (because of the cancer)...and it's not like he can have an informed discussion with his Doc about about TRT.....so I've just been hoping he'd bring it up. That way, the decision (and the consequences) would be his.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
I'd be worried about messing with his cancer also.

I emailed my dad the long sticky about HRT, don't know if he even looked at it. At least the tribulus is a good start. My wife and I will be at my parents house over thanksgiving. Then I can talk to him more about what he's taking and what it's doing for him. Maybe get him interested in going to the doc for the real thing. Even if he just keeps on the trib it will be good, as he was really getting to be a crabby prick all the time and this really seems to be helping.

Good luck to your father-in-law!

ECTOmorph

ECTOmorph

Awards
  • Established
whats a good dose to take of saw pawmetto everyday?

when you come off something like 6 oxo do your estrogen levels raise and test levels decline back to where they were before you took the 6 oxo?