Guys that gain 25+ lbs per cycle

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Because of board rules I can't link the source.
Here’s some info for guys who want to gain 20-25lbs on a cycle.

Everyone wants to know how to gain high poundages on a cycle. We’ve all got a “friend” in a gym somewhere that gained 25lbs on his last cycle and we want to do the same. We ask ourselves…What is his secret? Is the juice he’s taking that good? Is it a good diet in conjunction with the test.. is that what is responsible? Well, here’s the answer.. NO, his particular anabolic compound of choice be it Sustanon, Winstrol, Dbol, Tren, etc… isn’t so great that whoever takes one of those compounds will grow.. nor is his diet so “on” that he will gain more than us.

Here’s the truth.. and some of you won’t like it.. Some of you may even get pissed off.. The reason these guys grow so much on their cycles is because they shouldn’t even be using steroids to begin with… And that’s the truth… That may sound a bit confusing.. yes? Well allow me to elaborate…

You take a 20 yr old male. He has been lifting on and off for six months or so… He’s about 6 foot tall maybe a little shorter.. 5’10” or so.. He weighs about 165lbs.. He’s got a little bit of definition.. nothing big.. when his shirt is off people can tell he’s been working out.. He decides one day that he wants to take steroids, He sees the really big guys in the gym and he wants to be like them right now.. he doesn’t want to wait any longer.. in his mind six months has been long enough.. So he gets on the internet.. he finds a message board similar to this one.. he reads a little .. finds a hook up.. and decides to run 250mg of test and 300mg of deca for two months and ends up weighing around 185 or 190.. All of his friends are amazed.. he’s amazed He’s put on some size.. he looks like a weight lifter.. he doesn’t look like someone who could compete.. but he looks like he’s finally arrived on the Body building scene… His closest friends are so impressed that they want to run the exact same cycle .. He tells them exactly what he did.. how he ate etc… Now, a few months go by.. all of a sudden the kid is back to around 165 maybe 170.. He thinks.. “Oh man.. I’ve got to get back on cycle.. I need those drugs to be big.. if I don’t.. I just can’t grow… Steroids require that I stay on all the time to maintain the kind of size that I want”… I guess that’s what he has to do; huh; stay on all the time?

Now, here’s the reason he gained 25lbs on his cycle.. He was so far from his genetic potential that once the anabolic compounds were introduced into his system he grew like a weed.. His body didn’t need to struggle to put on that mass, because it was quite capable of adding that much mass naturally.. The steroids just sped it up..

it is for lack of a better or more accurate word.. a short cut to get to where he could have gotten natural anyway. His inevitable weight loss after coming off his "super" cycle wasn’t from the lack of steroids.. it was from a lack of a proper foundation.. a Lack of proper training skills, and a lack of muscular maturation…

Here’s the deal.. guys who need steroids aren’t the guys who are growing 25+lbs per cycle.. they are gaining 10lbs and hopefully keeping 5-8.. They are struggling to even do that.. I’ll tell you from personal experience.. I am 30 yrs old 6’2” .. I am 284lbs currently.. I am 17% BF (I’m a power lifter/strongman.. so I keep a little extra fat on me)…If I wanted to keep the same body fat % I have now and weigh 300lbs.. I would have to run a very long cycle. or in all honesty it will take me two full cycles to get to 3 bills..

An average cycle for me is about 750mg Test, 450mg Deca, 300mg EQ and Some Dbol in the front and at the end… Those are some fairly heavy dosages...Why don’t I gain 25lbs per cycle?

Because No matter how much gear I take.. no matter how much I eat.. my body is so far beyond it’s genetic potential that I simply can’t add that kind of radical mass anymore..

My body does a fairly good job of maintaining mass when I’m not on cycle.. but I do drop weight regardless.. and in truth, the only reason my body maintains it’s size as well as it does is because of Muscle maturation.. My body is used to carrying around that muscle.. it’s not a shock to my body to carry it around.. And I built a solid mass foundation naturally years ago.. I reached my genetic potential before I started using juice.. Lifting was a habit and a lifestyle for me because I played football from Junior high through College.

I’ve worked out in gyms all over the country.. and I have been doing so for the better part of a decade.. and I'll tell you, I have seen a lot of little guys blow up for a couple of months from a cycle only to deflate a couple of months later. It's the truth.. Muscle Maturation plays a huge key in keeping mass... that and proper training skills.. (and no hitting bench 3 days a week and squatting once every few months doesn't count)

So in truth, when you hear about some guy who gained 25-30lbs off of a cycle.. Please keep in mind that he is probably some impatient tiny punk that could have easily gained the same amount of muscle had he just been a little more patient.. If he had just been focused on learning how to train.. focused on how to eat…

This is a lifestyle.. there are no short cuts if you want to be the real deal.... There will never be a fly by nighter even win the smallest amateur comp in booney freaking Iowa if he hasn't been serious for years...

It's important that you guys learn that Juice may seem like the best short cut in the beginning... but whenever you add that much mass that quickly from gear.. Your body isn’t going to be ready for it.. it will literally fight you to keep it.. the sudden size and strength will stress the ligaments, tendons, bones and central nervous system and Your body will do everything that it can to shed those rapid muscle gains.. Decent muscle mass is only kept through time and hard work (cough.. cough.. it's a cliché.. but it's still true).. and it's important that your gains aren't so fast that the body can't adjust healthfully to it’s new weight gain..

I've been on the boards for years.. and I'll tell you, 80% of the people on these boards are wannabes and posers.. they are guys who won’t even be working out six months from now.. They are impatient and are looking for the shortcut.. they may even get a few short term results.. but in the long run they will come out behind everyone else (and when I say long run.. i mean less than a year or two)

These kind of guys will never be anything more than a hobbyist.. and in truth...that is probably the case in every other aspect of their lives as well, not just weight lifting..

So in the end my advice is this.. if you are wanting to add some mass. and you’re stuck.. learn a different training method.. change your diet.. and if you’re a good size.. (that’s when everyone who is in the room with you knows you’re a weight lifter.. if you walk in a room, and everyone in there doesn’t know that you lift… you are not ready for steroids) then come and sit down.. and we’ll talk about steroids.. until then… Learn how to train.. learn how to eat.. and spend some time in the gym.. you’ll be so much better off in the end…

by Phreezer:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I didn't even know Phreez was still around...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I figured some of you would recognize the name.

Don't know...it may be pretty old.

bigdawg55

Board Supporter
Awards
Well stated. I have always thought that way also.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good post B! Ive read that before and remember it but dont remember where i had read it at.

tattoopierced1

phreezer is still around..maybe not here, but on another board he is... good post B.

m88tow

Awards
Good post and alot of truth in that post. Wish more guys would read this on more of the boards out there.

liftinw8

Awards
I do agree with this article but I've always just had a question.

The average age for US males to be done with puberty (sexual organs wise) is 17.5 years old. Most males quit growing any taller at the age of 20, not 21. So why not look at the other side of this arguement I always hear?

Steriods are perfectly safe for all users who are HEALTHY ADULT MALES and who have done the proper research/PCT. Are you not a HEALTHY ADULT MALE at 20 years of age? I mean who is drawing these lines of age? I could be 100% wrong but I've found no articles linking steriods being perfectly fine after 21, not 20.

I do agree younger kids should stay away, but I've never understood telling a 20 year old kid, not like the one in your article, who has a good foundation/training/and research skills to wait. I guess what I am trying to say is it all depends on the person who wants to use and the research/time they want to put into it.

a 20 year old w/ proper training/diet/etc will keep most of the weight he gains as someone over 21 would.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I do agree with this article but I've always just had a question.

The average age for US males to be done with puberty (sexual organs wise) is 17.5 years old. Most males quit growing any taller at the age of 20, not 21. So why not look at the other side of this arguement I always hear?

Steriods are perfectly safe for all users who are HEALTHY ADULT MALES and who have done the proper research/post cycle therapy. Are you not a HEALTHY ADULT MALE at 20 years of age? I mean who is drawing these lines of age? I could be 100% wrong but I've found no articles linking steriods being perfectly fine after 21, not 20.

I do agree younger kids should stay away, but I've never understood telling a 20 year old kid, not like the one in your article, who has a good foundation/training/and research skills to wait. I guess what I am trying to say is it all depends on the person who wants to use and the research/time they want to put into it.

a 20 year old w/ proper training/diet/etc will keep most of the weight he gains as someone over 21 would.
I don't see how any individual would hit their genetic potential at the age of 20 or even 21. I felt pretty dumb after my Superdrol cycle but it definetely gave me a good wake-up and gave me a good basis to gain mass naturally.

Thats why when someone asks, I just say that I'm going to wait for when it counts.

liftinw8

Awards
I don't see how any individual would hit their genetic potential at the age of 20 or even 21. I felt pretty dumb after my Superdrol cycle but it definetely gave me a good wake-up and gave me a good basis to gain mass naturally.

Thats why when someone asks, I just say that I'm going to wait for when it counts.
Thats not what im arguing though. I agree 99% of people would not of hit their natural potential at 20/21 but to say that the ages aren't safe IMO is giving false advice to those who have done the proper research and just want a BOOST to get to their natural potential.

I am 21 and I am, I'm sure, far from my natural potential but I am going to do just 1 cycle of Halodrol after I have done a little more research and after that I am going to try to continue to gain naturally for the next couple of years. I mean I want to try and compete so I don't think I am doing any harm, also I was EXACTLY the same in terms of height and many other facts when I was 20 so I don't understand why people tell responsible individuals the age of 20 is outrageous... at 20 IMO you are a healthy adult male.

I mean with a small cycle such as I am going to do I should be back to my natural test/levels and such after the cycle is over plus I will have some solid strength which will help me achieve to put on more weight naturally after it is over. I mean is this wrong for me at 21? or even if I did it at 20? I don't think so but like I said I am not as knowlegable as some of the people here.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
****ing excellent!

I know at least 5 guys that are living examples of this.

Most of them are just on drugs and depressed now..

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thats not what im arguing though. I agree 99% of people would not of hit their natural potential at 20/21 but to say that the ages aren't safe IMO is giving false advice to those who have done the proper research and just want a BOOST to get to their natural potential.

I am 21 and I am, I'm sure, far from my natural potential but I am going to do just 1 cycle of Halodrol after I have done a little more research and after that I am going to try to continue to gain naturally for the next couple of years. I mean I want to try and compete so I don't think I am doing any harm, also I was EXACTLY the same in terms of height and many other facts when I was 20 so I don't understand why people tell responsible individuals the age of 20 is outrageous... at 20 IMO you are a healthy adult male.

I mean with a small cycle such as I am going to do I should be back to my natural test/levels and such after the cycle is over plus I will have some solid strength which will help me achieve to put on more weight naturally after it is over. I mean is this wrong for me at 21? or even if I did it at 20? I don't think so but like I said I am not as knowlegable as some of the people here.
Well, IMHO natural test levels are still high enough at the age of 20 or 21 to not really need anything. I think the age of 21 is just the standard that has been created through the support of studies, etc. Honestly, I can't see myself going over to the darkside for a few more years.

size

Awards
  • Established
To me, this points to the idea of doing shorter cycles instead of the typical long cycle. Problem is the internet is full of misconceptions and lies about people gaining 20+ lbs cycle after cycle.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
To me, this points to the idea of doing shorter cycles instead of the typical long cycle. Problem is the internet is full of misconceptions and lies about people gaining 20+ lbs cycle after cycle.
Exactly. A lot of e-bbers will say that they maintained 20lbs of muscle from a 4 week cycle with 2lbs of fat gain. Take it all with a grain of salt and as always, know your source.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
I agree but I have seen the same happen with real juice (injectibles). I know several guys that only workout on cycle and lose their gains afterwards. One of my buddies lost 30 pounds after a Test/Dbol cycle and got on drugs and I think hes in rehab now. He was a personal trainer and had a nice car before that.

Another one has been doing Test and Test/EQ and even using HGH. He shrinks down to being an average skinny guy when he comes off the juice.

I know several other various guys who hardly look like they lift but have used juice. They only look decent when they are on the **** and now I never even see them in the gym. a lot of these guys have bad stretch marks on their upperback by their armpit from explosive gains.

Just goes to show that you need experience with diet/training/rest before you juice. If you dont continue with an awesome diet/training program during PCT and beyond, you can expect to lose the gains. Simple as that.

liftinw8

Awards
I mean I have already justified this in my head, but I would to hear the input of more experienced members here.

I have damn good genetics from what I've been told, grow pretty well, but I have small bones/waist so I always look heavier then I am because my muscles look bigger due to the smaller bones and whenever I get close to 190lbs I cant ever seem to get above it w/o putting on more fat then I'd like (dont like to get out of the 8-12% range). Now I feel if I do just one cycle of Halodrol w/ the proper post cycle therapy it will kick start me and give me an easy 10lbs, after which I can continue to gain again until I reach my actual natural limit.

I mean is that wrong? After the cycle with the help of post cycle therapy I will be back to normal and my high Test levels will still be as high as they were before the cycle correct? I mean I see no harm in it.

My Diet is sound and my training is on point so I feel I should keep the gains plus I am a research FREAK so I will not rest/start until I know everything their is to know about doing the PCT perfectly.

I mean that is how I justified it, what do you guys think? I would love opinions.

Also Rage have you done a cycle? What age did you do it at? Did you feel it helped you at all to achieve your goals naturally afterwards?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whenever I get close to 190lbs I cant ever seem to get above it w/o putting on more fat then I'd like (dont like to get out of the 8-12% range). Now I feel if I do just one cycle of Halodrol w/ the proper post cycle therapy it will kick start me and give me an easy 10lbs, after which I can continue to gain again until I reach my actual natural limit.

I mean is that wrong?
Yeah...you might be. Here is where I believe many many young inexperienced users are creating there own problem. These oral steroids are everyone problems. They are short cycles, produce dramatic gains, mess up your lipids and inhibit you natural test. The other isssue is they are rarely run with test, or even 4AD.

There is absolutely now way that puting on 10-20lbs in 4-6 weeks is going to be long term retainable gains. Your metabolism, new caloric requirements and many other issues at the cellular level cannot maintain 10-20lbs put on so quickly.

After the cycle with the help of post cycle therapy I will be back to normal and my high Test levels will still be as high as they were before the cycle correct? I mean I see no harm in it.
if at your natural test levels you cannot grow muscle any more than you are how do you think you will retain a burst of LBM with inhibited test levels. How long do you think it takes to get your test levels back up to what they were before...if at all that high ever again. It can take months or more. Meanwhile those dramatic gains you received from a quick 4-6 weeks cycle will be gone for the most part.

I speak somewhat from experience in this area. Short cycles produce quick, asthetically pleasing results that do not stay for very long and hinder long term results.

Non-oral 12-16-20 week cycles gaining slowly once or twice a year are the way to go. You put on LBM at a slow pace. Your body has acclimated to it over a much longer period of time. This potentiates your ability to retain those lbs of LBM during the length period of time it takes you to restore HPTA.

This is JMHO...but I have some experience (both negative and positive) to back it up.

liftinw8

Awards
Yeah...you might be. Here is where I believe many many young inexperienced users are creating there own problem. These oral steroids are everyone problems. They are short cycles, produce dramatic gains, mess up your lipids and inhibit you natural test. The other isssue is they are rarely run with test, or even 4AD.

There is absolutely now way that puting on 10-20lbs in 4-6 weeks is going to be long term retainable gains. Your metabolism, new caloric requirements and many other issues at the cellular level cannot maintain 10-20lbs put on so quickly.

if at your natural test levels you cannot grow muscle any more than you are how do you think you will retain a burst of LBM with inhibited test levels. How long do you think it takes to get your test levels back up to what they were before...if at all that high ever again. It can take months or more. Meanwhile those dramatic gains you received from a quick 4-6 weeks cycle will be gone for the most part.

I speak somewhat from experience in this area. Short cycles produce quick, asthetically pleasing results that do not stay for very long and hinder long term results.

Non-oral 12-16-20 week cycles gaining slowly once or twice a year are the way to go. You put on LBM at a slow pace. Your body has acclimated to it over a much longer period of time. This potentiates your ability to retain those lbs of LBM during the length period of time it takes you to restore HPTA.

This is JMHO...but I have some experience (both negative and positive) to back it up.
This is all I needed to hear, and I appreciate you taking your time to let me know from your experience. With that you said above I will admit I was wrong and you were right, and I am thankful you led me to this before I finished researching PCT because now I will not take this cycle of halodrol. Only downside is I spent $100+ on it so now I have to either some how sell it or just hang on to it.

I do appreciate what you said and I'm glad you said it because it showed me the situation from another perspective. Thanks!

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I think that most guys that say they put on 30lbs or so of muscle off of a cycle are talking total weight gain not just pure muscle. I've been guilty of this myself and lots of people do it, alot of the time not on purpose i'm sure we'd all love to believe that it's all muscle but the the total weight gained consists of fat/water/glycogen/muscle. So lets say you gained 30lbs off of a cycle, chances are you put on 10lbs of muscle, 10lbs water, 5lbs glycogen, 5lbs fat, now THAT is realistic.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'd hang on to the H-50 BrokeBack (man - if you hate brokebacks, you'll hate AM ;) )

Or - don't "give" it to some 18/19 yr old retard. (I know they are out there - they ask me how to get this stuff at my gym....)

liftinw8

Awards
I'd hang on to the H-50 BrokeBack (man - if you hate brokebacks, you'll hate AM ;) )

Or - don't "give" it to some 18/19 yr old retard. (I know they are out there - they ask me how to get this stuff at my gym....)
I'll hang on to it then, just incase. It said its shelf life is till 10/07 so I still have over a year.

About my name, it refers to people in my gym who don't squat and say its because of their back pains (even front squats). So I've called them brokebacks from HS so its like 4-5 years old. Does not refer to homosexuals so please take no offense to it!

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Good point Size...very true.

Good read B. Yeah, I remember reading it before a while back.

size

Awards
  • Established
Short cycles produce quick, asthetically pleasing results that do not stay for very long and hinder long term results.
I tend to disagree with you on this point. To me, a shorter cycle has much more appeal when compared to a longer cycle in regards to risk/reward analysis.
On a shorter cycle, the gains expected should be minor but in my mind easier to keep as restoration to a normal functioning body is easier and the changes are less dramatic. An additional appeal, potential side effects are reduced. However, my conceptual construction of a shorter cycle may be different than how most would construct one.

size

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever noticed how different a man looks from 21 to 26? It is only 5 years but the face looks different, more like that of a man. One of the reasons is that males often do not reach a hormonal balance or leveling off until the mid 20s. Odd to consider since the hormonal drop off starts soon after. :(

One of the strongest reason(in my mind) for a young man not to use anabolic steroids is that they will soon be used as a crutch. I believe that many(young and old, experience and inexperienced) use AAS as a crutch once they have experienced the changes that AAS can bring for; as they believe they need AAS to make gains/changes. Consequently, early usage begins a slippery slope into misuage, overusage, and disappointment.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Have you ever noticed how different a man looks from 21 to 26? It is only 5 years but the face looks different, more like that of a man. One of the reasons is that males often do not reach a hormonal balance or leveling off until the mid 20s. Odd to consider since the hormonal drop off starts soon after. :(

One of the strongest reason(in my mind) for a young man not to use anabolic steroids is that they will soon be used as a crutch. I believe that many(young and old, experience and inexperienced) use anabolic steroids as a crutch once they have experienced the changes that AAS can bring for; as they believe they need AAS to make gains/changes. Consequently, early usage begins a slippery slope into misuage, overusage, and disappointment.
No kidding! I have a buddy who is 30 and has been cycling for quite some years. He hasn't been able to gain naturally for years now, that's awful. I could only imagine a guy in his mid 20s not being able to gain without AAS. Must suck.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I tend to disagree with you on this point. To me, a shorter cycle has much more appeal when compared to a longer cycle in regards to risk/reward analysis.
On a shorter cycle, the gains expected should be minor but in my mind easier to keep as restoration to a normal functioning body is easier and the changes are less dramatic. An additional appeal, potential side effects are reduced. However, my conceptual construction of a shorter cycle may be different than how most would construct one.

I agree with Size here on the advantage of short cycles. But our discussion goes back a long ways. Size our thread usually pops up atleast twice a year, lol. Let's see if someone digs it up and learns what a real short cycle means, not an all oral 4 weeker.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I agree with Size here on the advantage of short cycles. But our discussion goes back a long ways. Size our thread usually pops up atleast twice a year, lol. Let's see if someone digs it up and learns what a real short cycle means, not an all oral 4 weeker.
No doubt I have come across your discussions on the matter. I'll post it for others to consider.

Please keep in mind I only speak for myself in my opinions from my own personal experience.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/18318-short-cycles-some.html?highlight=short

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just another point or opinion.

The method or techique proposed in the article that size posted very clearly and strongly encourages the use of anavar and tren. Also notice they discourage the use of test which is contrary to many opinions.

This is apples and oranges when compared to short cycles with OTC orals that are being short cycled by many today.

Again JMHO

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
this makes me feel better. so 5 lbs is good after 11 weeks of test/tren? ha

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
25lbs sounds like the Muscle Tech ad for anatator p70.
With this product you too can gain 50lbs of muscle in just 6weeks.
Some how they still get people to believe in the magic pill, powder, or ointment.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
25lbs sounds like the Muscle Tech ad for anatator p70.
With this product you too can gain 50lbs of muscle in just 6weeks.
Some how they still get people to believe in the magic pill, powder, or ointment.
just the idiots....but then again have you tried it? I hear that's what Ronnie Coleman and Gustavo are using.:cool:

liftinw8

Awards
No kidding! I have a buddy who is 30 and has been cycling for quite some years. He hasn't been able to gain naturally for years now, that's awful. I could only imagine a guy in his mid 20s not being able to gain without anabolic steroids. Must suck.
I'm really glad 1) I came to this site and 2) This thread was created because now that I think about it.. i could of made a big mistake taking the H-50 at my age. I don't want to mess up my high test levels and if gaining 10lbs on h-50 means ill have to give up naturally high test levels, well then I'll hold off on doing any AAS until my natural test levels decrease. I appreciate the input from you guys, saved my natural test levels!

Thanks.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm definitely not disagreeing but as I recall from reading BTPB many times, the cycles aren't 4 weeks. The phases are around 4 weeks or slightly longer and then the last week or 2 is overlapped with another phase, which in fact could be another phase involving the use of aas.

I'm currently running a phase right now where I'm in week 3 of 4-5 of a Max androgen phase using 75 mg tren ace eod and 750 mg test ent. I also have been using 900 mg of eq that I had to start from the start to get the eq active in my system by the time my absolute anabolic phase begins. The Absolute anabolic phase will begin in week 5 and run till week 9 and will consist of 100 mg of test prop eod, 600 mg eq, 300-400 mg of masteron and 40 mg of anavar ed. I've been using hgh at 5 iu's a day 5 on 2 off throughout and will use 8 iu's 3x's a week once the aas portion of the cycle stops in conjuntion with 5 iu's of slin pw only and 40 mcg of ig eod. That will run in conjunction with a cortisol control and htpa recovery stage using retain, clomid, and torimefene.

Then I'll play with lots of otc goodies from USP, ALR, DS and other companies that we all love.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FWIW:
Here’s some info for guys who want to gain 20-25lbs on a cycle.

Everyone wants to know how to gain high poundages on a cycle. We’ve all got a “friend” in a gym somewhere that gained 25lbs on his last cycle and we want to do the same. We ask ourselves…What is his secret? Is the juice he’s taking that good? Is it a good diet in conjunction with the test.. is that what is responsible? Well, here’s the answer.. NO, his particular anabolic compound of choice be it Sustanon, Winstrol, Dbol, Tren, etc… isn’t so great that whoever takes one of those compounds will grow.. nor is his diet so “on” that he will gain more than us.

Here’s the truth.. and some of you won’t like it.. Some of you may even get pissed off.. The reason these guys grow so much on their cycles is because they shouldn’t even be using steroids to begin with… And that’s the truth… That may sound a bit confusing.. yes? Well allow me to elaborate…

You take a 20 yr old male. He has been lifting on and off for six months or so… He’s about 6 foot tall maybe a little shorter.. 5’10” or so.. He weighs about 165lbs.. He’s got a little bit of definition.. nothing big.. when his shirt is off people can tell he’s been working out.. He decides one day that he wants to take steroids, He sees the really big guys in the gym and he wants to be like them right now.. he doesn’t want to wait any longer.. in his mind six months has been long enough.. So he gets on the internet.. he finds a message board similar to this one.. he reads a little .. finds a hook up.. and decides to run 250mg of test and 300mg of deca for two months and ends up weighing around 185 or 190.. All of his friends are amazed.. he’s amazed He’s put on some size.. he looks like a weight lifter.. he doesn’t look like someone who could compete.. but he looks like he’s finally arrived on the Body building scene… His closest friends are so impressed that they want to run the exact same cycle .. He tells them exactly what he did.. how he ate etc… Now, a few months go by.. all of a sudden the kid is back to around 165 maybe 170.. He thinks.. “Oh man.. I’ve got to get back on cycle.. I need those drugs to be big.. if I don’t.. I just can’t grow… Steroids require that I stay on all the time to maintain the kind of size that I want”… I guess that’s what he has to do; huh; stay on all the time?

Now, here’s the reason he gained 25lbs on his cycle.. He was so far from his genetic potential that once the anabolic compounds were introduced into his system he grew like a weed.. His body didn’t need to struggle to put on that mass, because it was quite capable of adding that much mass naturally.. The steroids just sped it up..

it is for lack of a better or more accurate word.. a short cut to get to where he could have gotten natural anyway. His inevitable weight loss after coming off his "super" cycle wasn’t from the lack of steroids.. it was from a lack of a proper foundation.. a Lack of proper training skills, and a lack of muscular maturation…

Here’s the deal.. guys who need steroids aren’t the guys who are growing 25+lbs per cycle.. they are gaining 10lbs and hopefully keeping 5-8.. They are struggling to even do that.. I’ll tell you from personal experience.. I am 30 yrs old 6’2” .. I am 284lbs currently.. I am 17% BF (I’m a power lifter/strongman.. so I keep a little extra fat on me)…If I wanted to keep the same body fat % I have now and weigh 300lbs.. I would have to run a very long cycle. or in all honesty it will take me two full cycles to get to 3 bills..

An average cycle for me is about 750mg Test, 450mg Deca, 300mg EQ and Some Dbol in the front and at the end… Those are some fairly heavy dosages...Why don’t I gain 25lbs per cycle?

Because No matter how much gear I take.. no matter how much I eat.. my body is so far beyond it’s genetic potential that I simply can’t add that kind of radical mass anymore..

My body does a fairly good job of maintaining mass when I’m not on cycle.. but I do drop weight regardless.. and in truth, the only reason my body maintains it’s size as well as it does is because of Muscle maturation.. My body is used to carrying around that muscle.. it’s not a shock to my body to carry it around.. And I built a solid mass foundation naturally years ago.. I reached my genetic potential before I started using juice.. Lifting was a habit and a lifestyle for me because I played football from Junior high through College.

I’ve worked out in gyms all over the country.. and I have been doing so for the better part of a decade.. and I'll tell you, I have seen a lot of little guys blow up for a couple of months from a cycle only to deflate a couple of months later. It's the truth.. Muscle Maturation plays a huge key in keeping mass... that and proper training skills.. (and no hitting bench 3 days a week and squatting once every few months doesn't count)

So in truth, when you hear about some guy who gained 25-30lbs off of a cycle.. Please keep in mind that he is probably some impatient tiny punk that could have easily gained the same amount of muscle had he just been a little more patient.. If he had just been focused on learning how to train.. focused on how to eat…

This is a lifestyle.. there are no short cuts if you want to be the real deal.... There will never be a fly by nighter even win the smallest amateur comp in booney freaking Iowa if he hasn't been serious for years...

It's important that you guys learn that Juice may seem like the best short cut in the beginning... but whenever you add that much mass that quickly from gear.. Your body isn’t going to be ready for it.. it will literally fight you to keep it.. the sudden size and strength will stress the ligaments, tendons, bones and central nervous system and Your body will do everything that it can to shed those rapid muscle gains.. Decent muscle mass is only kept through time and hard work (cough.. cough.. it's a cliché.. but it's still true).. and it's important that your gains aren't so fast that the body can't adjust healthfully to it’s new weight gain..

I've been on the boards for years.. and I'll tell you, 80% of the people on these boards are wannabes and posers.. they are guys who won’t even be working out six months from now.. They are impatient and are looking for the shortcut.. they may even get a few short term results.. but in the long run they will come out behind everyone else (and when I say long run.. i mean less than a year or two)

These kind of guys will never be anything more than a hobbyist.. and in truth...that is probably the case in every other aspect of their lives as well, not just weight lifting..

So in the end my advice is this.. if you are wanting to add some mass. and you’re stuck.. learn a different training method.. change your diet.. and if you’re a good size.. (that’s when everyone who is in the room with you knows you’re a weight lifter.. if you walk in a room, and everyone in there doesn’t know that you lift… you are not ready for steroids) then come and sit down.. and we’ll talk about steroids.. until then… Learn how to train.. learn how to eat.. and spend some time in the gym.. you’ll be so much better off in the end…

by Phreezer:

drumirvin

Awards
Good post B..
The problem that I have with shorter cycles is trying to stay within 10% contest ready condition...(for nationals jr. and usa) You are dealing with 30 to 40 guys who are on NON STOP...at least something is being injected daily or eod. Ok, I have tried shorter cycles in the past (bursting cycles) with slin and gh in between and also stayed on well past.....well let's say along time. I have read some articles from Big Cat and have spoken to some upper level BB about longevity and competition and I was told "If you want to play with the big boys you gotta be on." I was also shown and told how hard it is on the endrocrine system when going off and back on. I agree totally with B and the article..as I have changed up my routine and eating habits...this has personally helped me lower my dosages and gain significantly...(Thank you Dante) (cycle for pennies DC training...plug) I do come off Gh every 6 months and only use slin 4 on 4 off. Igf/pegMgf all the time, I agree with the article that it is a lifestyle...but my question is, do you think at higher competition levels it is a given?

drumirvin

Awards
Wide...I like the way you partition your gh cycle from 5on2 off to 24 3x a week...Not to high jack this thread but do you find that that helps you retain mass when off? In a way you are recouping the pituitary as well as your hpta...hmmm interesting....

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is all first round shzt sir I've never used hgh prior to about 2 1/2 months ago. However I did run my last cycle in a similar manner using the layering approach advocated in Building the Perfect Beast. As it's mentioned in the book what you've pointed out is true. So techincally I can't say whether it will help retain mass when I'm off (you mean when I'm off AAS right?) because that time hasn't come yet.

However, that's what I'm hoping to accomplish plus using igf-1 to actually keep gaining...that is when I'm completely off aas. So I'll be on AAS for around 12-13 weeks (maybe 14) and then continue with the hgh but add igf (maybe mgf) when I'm off for about another 3-4 months. That way I should get an adequate amount of time using the hgh as the one thing everyone seems to agree with on hgh is that you have to be on for at least 3-4 month, 6-8 is probably better. Alot of people say a year is the best but I'm not about to go there until I'm remotely close to HRT age. And I'm not.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
My attitude now is that for the experienced steroid user or any steroid user for that fact you shoudl be happy making quality gains even if they are less quantitative. Everyone i've seen that said they put on 25lbs (not counting first cycle), has also put on alot of water and fat. I'd take a quality 8-10lbs over 25lbs of muscle, water and fat anyday.

LaGrange26

LaGrange26

Awards
I have seen people gain and lose off a cycle but I always thought it was lack of training. The kid would get up to 205 no problem and go right back down to 185. Thanks for the info it was very helpful

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I'm definitely not disagreeing but as I recall from reading BTPB many times, the cycles aren't 4 weeks. The phases are around 4 weeks or slightly longer and then the last week or 2 is overlapped with another phase, which in fact could be another phase involving the use of anabolic steroids.

I'm currently running a phase right now where I'm in week 3 of 4-5 of a Max androgen phase using 75 mg tren ace eod and 750 mg test ent. I also have been using 900 mg of eq that I had to start from the start to get the eq active in my system by the time my absolute anabolic phase begins. The Absolute anabolic phase will begin in week 5 and run till week 9 and will consist of 100 mg of test prop eod, 600 mg eq, 300-400 mg of masteron and 40 mg of anavar ed. I've been using hgh at 5 iu's a day 5 on 2 off throughout and will use 8 iu's 3x's a week once the anabolic steroids portion of the cycle stops in conjuntion with 5 iu's of slin pw only and 40 mcg of ig eod. That will run in conjunction with a cortisol control and htpa recovery stage using retain, clomid, and torimefene.

Then I'll play with lots of otc goodies from USP, ALR, DS and other companies that we all love.

How are you finding the BTPB cycles? I'd liek to try it that way for my next bulker.