Sharing my 1-test experience (hair loss)

lm037

Awards
First off, this product does wonder when it comes to minimizing recuperation and maximizing gains. In a one month cycle I put on about 20 pounds, and have retained about 15 of those. Now that the good news is out here is the bad stuff I have experienced. HAIR LOSS. I have searched all of these sites and people mention slight hair loss, but thinning and hair loss came at about week 2-3. I stopped taking the stuff in the 3rd week, so my cycle was not really a full month. Considering I’m in my early twenties this is a bit frustrating to say the least. It’s been about a month and its not getting better. But I have come here to post something that may help all of you experiencing hair loss. Use a topical bayberry root extract on the head and "Extracting 1g bayberry bark root with 5ml 50% ethanol solution, and putting 1/10 of the solution on the target. The INHIBITING RATE OF DHT was 80.7%". Assuming that most of you have some DMSO, if you add some into the mix the inhibition rate should be slightly higher since absorption would be. I know some of you may say that we need DHT, but when it comes down to still making good gains on 1-test and keeping your hair verses better gains and looking like Mr. Clean, one favors over the other. I hope this helps you guys out there. The powder can be bought in Chinese herbal stores or over the net. Good luck on your cycles and I hope this info helps those thinking about taking 1-test.

shady

Awards
sorry to hear that bro. i believe ww7 has a thred some where in hear about precations to take when on your cycle to keep hair loss to a small loss.

Kay

Awards
i am takin 178mg a day, will be a week tommorow, havent seen any hairloss yet, have put on close to 4 lbs now.......
I am not taking any precautions, but i dont think the dosage dictates that i do, i am taking in pretty small doses.

I am prone to MPB, but i havent seen any signs of that yet, so i am good until now. Man this scares me somewhat though :(

lm037

Awards
I would say my 1-test was about 200mg a day (+-20mg). The reason i put this up was to scare some of you. If i would have been "scared" dont know if i would hvegone and used it. Like i said, its a great product, but i have spent much of the past month trying to figure out how to stop the hiarloss and grow back instead of gains in the gym. First off take some Saw Palmetto. It also is a dht inhibitor. The rest is up to you. If you are young then think about the fact of being in your twenties and going bald when it could have happened in your fourties. Its to the point that i'm gonna say in january whether i shave it all of and just go back on 1-test, but for now i havent touched the stuff till i can resolve my hair issues.

lm037

Awards
One more thing. For those who didnt see hairloss, i didnt in my first cycle either, it was my second cycle that it showed up.

Kay

Awards
well its been 9 days on my 1tet cycle, taking 178 mg/day, no hairloss yet (i am prone to MPB) and up 6.5 lbs.

Would recommend this to anyone. I am takin saw palmetto right now....

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
One more thing. For those who didnt see hairloss, i didnt in my first cycle either, it was my second cycle that it showed up.
man....i got through 3 weeks of T-1 (so smaller 1-test dosage) but still no hair loss. my next cycle through, im going to take it for 4 weeks on and if im anythign like you.....shiddd....my set of hair probably the most beautiful thing on my body man (ha). i might just have to take some precaution and take some supps to battle that possibility

wardog

Awards
  • Established
LOL..I dont bother. In My early 30s and started losing the hair probably 5 years ago. I really do not care, and am contemplating shaving it all off. I really do not think women find it that big an issue, I think it is all media hype. When the day comes I see a decrease in the amount of women checking me out, perhaps then I will worry..otherwise, I could care.

Something you guys may want to look at is a topicaL that contains NIZEROL (sp?) It is supposed to be very very effective. I believe I read about it on 'bolex

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
I did see hairloss on my first cycle of 1AD, but since then have not seen any more on my subsequent cycle of Tren-X, nor my current T1 cycle.

Rogaine helped with some regrowth.

Also I've heard that topical spironolactone helps block DHT at the scalp but no further. Also shampooing with Nizoral helps too. I plan to use this combo if I see anymore hairloss as a result of PH/PS use.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I've been growing out my hair for 2 years, but I've decided that I'm pretty fucked genetically when it comes to balding (every male in my family started balding or was bald by 30). So if it goes, it goes... I'll just be a bigger badder version of Kerry King (the bald guitarist from SLAYER).

ManBeast

lm037

Awards
Fate vs Acceptance

Found this on the net:
When I returned from Vietnam in Jan 71,where for good reason I kept my hair a buzz, I discovered it didn't grow back. I tried the long part, the comb over all those ways of faking it. My Grand Father, who had been bald as long as I knew him had been bald, took me aside and passed this info on to me. J.D. Rockefeller the old man from 1920's on had promised to pay anyone who could "Grow" hair on his head one million dollars. He went on to remind me that Mr Rockefeller had died bald. I have accepted my plight as fate. Thus acceptance is only path to take.
Lets just say it made me feel better.

labrad

Awards
  • Established
I have done 2 cycles of 1-AD with little to no hair loss. Then I took One and my hair started to fall out rapidly. My hair was already thinning but geez. Anyway Dio (on BB.com) really knows his sh*t on this topic. Does he visit this forum?

Kay

Awards
well on day 17, today, i noticed a little hair loss. I usually in the shower when i shampoo lose about 5-6 strands/day (this is normal right?). But this morning, i lost about 15 strands, but back in the evening it went down to 5 i think.........

I think unless it continues to increase, i will just finish off the cycle, just 11 more days to go, i am gonna cut down my 1test dosage for my aslt week anyways. (currently at 178 mg/day, i will get it down to 125 mg/day)

hopefully i wont notice anymore

kimo_brah

Awards
I found some shampoo at Yahoo Shopping that claims to neutralize DHT on the surface of the scalp to reduce hair loss. One brand I found is Nisim scalp cleansing shampoo and is $12 for 8 oz. I'll try to search for some evidence that this stuff really works.

DarCSA

Awards
Don't want to do any wrong posting here BDC. But I read a while back at www.minoxidil.com that they have a shampoo called DHT Treatment that is supposed to stop DHT production as well. I don't know if it works but if it does I plan on trying it out when I do my cycle in feb or march. Thanks guys hope this helps some.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Anyone interested in hair loss as concerns androgens should read Dio's posts in the supps forum at BB.com. He has increddible knowledge on this topic. I don't think you'll find better info anywhere.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Thats source posting if I ever seen it...hehehehe. Talk to ya... . :D

gettin'old

Awards
Holy **** this hair loss issue scares the crap out of me. I can't handle any more "issues" at this point, heh, heh. I was planning on doing the NOR as it does not have the "hair loss problem." However, I was going to "stack" it with some small amounts of 4AD to counteract the lethargy and loss of libido. I'm wondering how "small" to go on the 4AD to remain relatively safe in the hair category. I know there are no guarantees, but any info would help.

I recognize some faces here from BB board and all are helpful. The thread in BB on hair loss is definitely the mother load of info.

Thanks to all.

Kay

Awards
Holy **** this hair loss issue scares the crap out of me. I can't handle any more "issues" at this point, heh, heh. I was planning on doing the NOR as it does not have the "hair loss problem." However, I was going to "stack" it with some small amounts of 4AD to counteract the lethargy and loss of libido. I'm wondering how "small" to go on the 4AD to remain relatively safe in the hair category. I know there are no guarantees, but any info would help.

I recognize some faces here from BB board and all are helpful. The thread in BB on hair loss is definitely the mother load of info.

Thanks to all.
you shouldnt worry about hairloss with 4ad... it has little or none conversion to DHT....

1test is the one that converts to DHT through an unknows pathway..... just taek some chrysin or saw palmetto (?) if you are going with moderate dosage.
If you are going with hardcore dosage, "pray"! :D

Tim

Awards
The only reason I haven't taken 1-Test is because of the hair loss risk. And this thread seemed to only confirm my fear. BTW, DHT blockers would not be a big help while on 1-Test, as the hair loss during a 1-Test cycle is primarily caused by the 1-Test itsself binding to the androgen receptors on the hair follicles. Don't forget that 1-Test itsself is a potent androgen that can attatch to the androgen receptors in the scalp and cause hair loss. My grandfather on my mother's side was bald by 30, but I haven't experienced any hair loss yet, and I'm almost 26: does this mean that I'm safe?

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Tim, if you're genetically predisposed you may have problems. However, on a short, moderate cycle it shouldn't be a problem.

agentsmith

Awards
My experience

I lose about 3 to 5 strands a day, been on Super One+ for 2 weeks....As long as it stays at 3 to 5 strands...I can deal with it.....

Just my 2 cents...

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
bump on this, any more info/feedback on any topical products?

ps - Nizoral says its an anti-dandruff product, how is it supposed to help?

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If your taking 4-AD then all these products iwll help since it all converts through the 5-AR enzyme to dht and most androgenic activity is due to dht for this prohormone. With 1-test and 1-AD their is a lot of androgenic activity on the 1-test as is and then it converts to dht through an unknonwn pathway meaning all the common medications won't stop it converting, it will only stop what is being converted through your natural test prodcution so for 1-test and 1-AD saw palmetto or proscar and maybe a topical anti-androgen such as sprio would be optimal. If your doing 4-AD anything will work since dht is only conveted through the known pathway and dht is the only strong androgenic substance produced from 4-AD.

If doing TREN saw palmetto or proscar is the only good and PRAY! LOL

gettin'old

Awards
What is the best product(s) to use if using only "a little 4AD" to prevent the hair loss (If you were to just buy one or two). I plan to do a Noraderm cycle but to stack with a little 4AD to address the lethargy and libido issues.

Will the Saw Palmetto help here?

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if only using moderate dosages of 4-AD saw palmetto is plenty for all but the most worst cases of people prone to hair thinning and even then its probablyan exxageration.

IF you want maximum results from saw palmetto start taking at regular dosages a few weeks before your cycle and then when your cycle starts take 3 times the recommended dosage, then back down postcycle or maybe continue using high for at least a week postcycle if you choose.

Remember if you ever use 1-AD, 1-test, trenabol, or any other strong androgen substances other then testosterone or 4-AD the only thing you will be stopping from all these substances is the dht from your natural production and NOT the dht as a result of unknown conversion(in 1-AD/1-test case this only applies) and for all of these compounds have strong androgenic activity BY THEMSELVES. Im pretty sure even spiro an anti-androgen on the scalp works by stopping dht but that is no good in stopping 1-test's androgenic activity on its own since i believe spiro stops it from converting through the KNOWN pathway(5-AR). Even if it did stop the dht effectively through the unknown pathway that 1-test converts to, it WOULDN"T stop the STRONG androgenic activity of 1-test by itself. SAME THING FOR FINA.

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if only using moderate dosages of 4-AD saw palmetto is plenty for all but the most worst cases of people prone to hair thinning and even then its probablyan exxageration.

IF you want maximum results from saw palmetto start taking at regular dosages a few weeks before your cycle and then when your cycle starts take 3 times the recommended dosage, then back down postcycle or maybe continue using high for at least a week postcycle if you choose.

Remember if you ever use 1-AD, 1-test, trenabol, or any other strong androgen substances other then testosterone or 4-AD the only thing you will be stopping from all these substances is the dht from your natural production and NOT the dht as a result of unknown conversion(in 1-AD/1-test case this only applies) and for all of these compounds have strong androgenic activity BY THEMSELVES. Im pretty sure even spiro an anti-androgen on the scalp works by stopping dht but that is no good in stopping 1-test's androgenic activity on its own since i believe spiro stops it from converting through the KNOWN pathway(5-AR). Even if it did stop the dht effectively through the unknown pathway that 1-test converts to, it WOULDN"T stop the STRONG androgenic activity of 1-test by itself. SAME THING FOR FINA.

Dio

Awards
I'm pretty sure even spiro an anti-androgen on the scalp works by stopping dht but that is no good in stopping 1-test's androgenic activity on its own since i believe spiro stops it from converting through the KNOWN pathway(5-AR). Even if it did stop the dht effectively through the unknown pathway that 1-test converts to, it WOULDN"T stop the STRONG androgenic activity of 1-test by itself. SAME THING FOR FINA.
Your logic is sound, but you've got the facts wrong:

Spiro as an anti-androgen competes at the receptor, making it much more effective than a 5ar inhibitor. It is the only thing that will help you with 1-test, fina etc.

Andy2k

Awards
How does something like T1 Pro compare to AAS such as dbol for hair loss?
Does taking the saw palmetto etc inhibit the anabolic effect of the T1 Pro?

I've taken DBol before, in doses around 25mg daily - I know Dbol is supposed to be pretty androgenic, and just wondered if any effects have been noted with this with regard to hair loss.
None of my family have MPB, and my own hair is ok (apart from getting a bit grey) I'm 37, and as long as I don't end up looking like a demented monk, I'm not particularly fussed about a little hair loss.