My first PH cycle....I'm psyched!

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.
    Answers

My first PH cycle....I'm psyched!

This is my first post on here, but I've been doing a lot of reading to prepare for what to cycle, how to do it, and how to PCT. As of right now I'm planning either a Phera Plex, or PP/Superdrol Cycle.

The PP woud be a 10/20/20 3 week cycle.

I might wait for a second cycle to do the PP/SD.
    I'm thinking of a 5 weeker.
    10pp/20pp/10pp 10SD/20SD/20SD

I'm going to order Cycle Support from Anabolic Innovations, Fenugreek, and possibly some Retain. Anything else I'm missing? I'd love input. I'm always willing to learn

I'm going to wait till near Christmas time to do it, because I'm working on my master's, and thats the break so I can concentrate. If you wondering about my stats I'm:
    5'9, 169 lbs as of this afternoon. I'm a clasic hardgainer. I weighed 140 my sophtmore year of college, if that tells you anything.

It's good to be introduced to the community, and I lookforward to posting with results when the time comes.

2. Registered User
    Answers

just do the 3 week pp cycle

do you have nolva?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ECTOmorph
    just do the 3 week pp cycle

do you have nolva?

I also have Superdrol on hand. Should I do a 3 week starter with that instead of the PP? I had heard that SD "dries out" the gains from PP, and was looking to do just that. But if its not wise, then I'l wait.

I dont have Nolva. Is it a necessity, or just something I should have around just in case? For the record, I do like boobs, but I dont want to have my own in the near future, or at anytime for that matter.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Gtarzan81
    I also have Superdrol on hand. Should I do a 3 week starter with that instead of the PP? I had heard that superdrol "dries out" the gains from PP, and was looking to do just that. But if its not wise, then I'l wait.

I dont have Nolva. Is it a necessity, or just something I should have around just in case? For the record, I do like boobs, but I dont want to have my own in the near future, or at anytime for that matter.
    I have done two PH cycles in my time, always have the Nolva near by, however I have not needed to use it as on yet. At you weight though, I would just change your diet for 2-3 months, you will gain size for sure. Times your body weight by 18 and that could be your clean bulk calories mate. After you have some size and strength built up, then do your cycle.

Plan out a grand meal schedule (clean bulk)
    Have your workout routine planned
    Preload you supps a few weeks prior to the cycle
    PP will retain some water, SD will dry it out

Best of luck
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the quick reply Irish. I'm going to wait untill Mid December to do the cycle. That gives me the Christmas break from school to concentrate on just work, and the cycle.

Thanks for the idea about the Nolva. I hear ya on the having it around just in case. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Understood.

Is there anything else I'm missing? I could take everything under the sun for cycle support, and pct, but I think I have the essentials, with the tip about the Nolva. (Thanks Irish)

I'm excited about this, I've wanted to do this for quite a while, but it hasnt happened. I'm at a good age, and place now to do this I believe. I cant imagine what would have happened if I had run this at 18 or so.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

I agree... keep bulking up naturally. Maybe look at something like Jungle Warfare or Hyperdrol or Powerfull. I'm doing a cycle of JW right now and i can feel it work. It's not as strong as a steroid but then again it doesn't have all the sides of a steroid. And don't be afraid of gaining a few lbs of fat. If you're eating maintenace or below you're not going to gain weight no matter what. Just get you're diet in check first. And make sure that when you do you're cycle you have everything you need. I'm planning a superdrol/PP split so if you want you can check out my thread Superdrol/Phera Plex proposed cycle
  7. Registered User
    Answers

as far as i'm concerned i think the PCT is even more important than the cycle, cuz if you don't do it right you will lose your gains. so splurge on it
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by animalXXX
    I agree... keep bulking up naturally. Maybe look at something like Jungle Warfare or Hyperdrol or Powerfull. I'm doing a cycle of JW right now and i can feel it work. It's not as strong as a steroid but then again it doesn't have all the sides of a steroid. And don't be afraid of gaining a few lbs of fat. If you're eating maintenace or below you're not going to gain weight no matter what. Just get you're diet in check first. And make sure that when you do you're cycle you have everything you need. I'm planning a superdrol/PP split so if you want you can check out my thread Superdrol/Phera Plex proposed cycle
    I noticed that you had clomid on your pct for the cycle? What does it do excactly? I looked, and couldnt find a decent explanation of what it does. (I did look)
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Clomid is a drug given to women for use as a fertility aid. It is a SERM (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator) which acts by actually binding to the estrogen receptor and thereby blocking estrogen from doing the same. Clearly, this is advantageous when it binds to breast tissue, and prevents estrogen from binding there to cause gynocomastia (although it is not nearly as effective as nolvadex for this purpose). It also opposes the negative feedback loop that the body has with regards to estrogen and the HPTA (Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular-Axis), and this in turn stimulates LH (Leutenizing Hormone) and FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone). LH and FSH, in turn stimulate the release of testosterone. Clearly this is advantageous to bodybuilders and athletes coming off of a cycle, and beginning their post-cycle-therapy. What we have in Clomid is essentially a drug that acts as a preventative measure against gynocomastia, as well as a drug that acts to raise endogenous (natural) testosterone levels. Usually, it is compared with another SERM, Nolvadex, for those reasons.

Clomid, however, is much weaker than nolvadex in a mg for mg comparison, with roughly 150mgs of clomid being equal to 20mgs of nolvadex (1).It should be noted, however, that 150mgs of clomid will still raise testosterone levels to approximately 150% of baseline value(1).

Clomid, just like nolvadex, is very safe for long term treatment of lowered testosterone levels (2), with some studies showing its safety and efficacy for up to four months. And post-cycle, when steroid users are suffering form lowered testosterone levels, is when clomid is most effective.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Gtarzan81
    Thanks for the quick reply Irish. I'm going to wait untill Mid December to do the cycle. That gives me the Christmas break from school to concentrate on just work, and the cycle.

Thanks for the idea about the Nolva. I hear ya on the having it around just in case. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Understood.

Is there anything else I'm missing? I could take everything under the sun for cycle support, and post cycle therapy, but I think I have the essentials, with the tip about the Nolva. (Thanks Irish)

I'm excited about this, I've wanted to do this for quite a while, but it hasnt happened. I'm at a good age, and place now to do this I believe. I cant imagine what would have happened if I had run this at 18 or so.

Best of Luck mate, try to clean bulk until you start. I think you will be happy with the results.

The first week that you start bulking you will go +500 calories and then 300 calories every 2 weeks from then on. The 300 calories will be the same ratio as your diet. You will bulk up for 14-16 weeks, or until you decide to cut down.
    Let's say you were eating 2000 calories before you started. That's your maintenance. First you will add 500 for the first 2 weeks, and then 300 for every other week.
    Therefore, it will look something like this. This is only a model, so add 500 calories to your maintenance calories.
    Starting at 3,000:
    Weeks 1-2 = 3,500 cal
    Weeks 3-4 = 3,800 cal
    Weeks 5-6 = 4,100 cal
    Weeks 7-8 = 4,400 cal
    Weeks 9-10= 4,700 cal
    Weeks 11-12= 5,000 cal
    Weeks 13-14= 5,300 cal
    Week 15-16 = 5,500 cal
    You can stop at anytime if you feel you reached your goal, or are gaining too much fat. Let the mirror be your judge. Don't follow the scale or a program. It would be foolish if you are happy at week 13 and you continue to week 16 and gain 5 or more lbs of fat. Always look in the mirror.
    Having logs and looking at the scale is fine too, it's actually necessary, but always let the mirror be your main source for judging your progress. Now since you know how many calories you have to eat, it's time to see what you will be eating. Carbs, protein and fats are what your diet is made out of. You know the ratio you need; now we need to figure out what each of you will be having and what foods are great sources of each macronutrients.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Rogue
    Best of Luck mate, try to clean bulk until you start. I think you will be happy with the results.

The first week that you start bulking you will go +500 calories and then 300 calories every 2 weeks from then on. The 300 calories will be the same ratio as your diet. You will bulk up for 14-16 weeks, or until you decide to cut down.
    Let's say you were eating 2000 calories before you started. That's your maintenance. First you will add 500 for the first 2 weeks, and then 300 for every other week.
    Therefore, it will look something like this. This is only a model, so add 500 calories to your maintenance calories.
    Starting at 3,000:
    Weeks 1-2 = 3,500 cal
    Weeks 3-4 = 3,800 cal
    Weeks 5-6 = 4,100 cal
    Weeks 7-8 = 4,400 cal
    Weeks 9-10= 4,700 cal
    Weeks 11-12= 5,000 cal
    Weeks 13-14= 5,300 cal
    Week 15-16 = 5,500 cal
    You can stop at anytime if you feel you reached your goal, or are gaining too much fat. Let the mirror be your judge. Don't follow the scale or a program. It would be foolish if you are happy at week 13 and you continue to week 16 and gain 5 or more lbs of fat. Always look in the mirror.
    Having logs and looking at the scale is fine too, it's actually necessary, but always let the mirror be your main source for judging your progress. Now since you know how many calories you have to eat, it's time to see what you will be eating. Carbs, protein and fats are what your diet is made out of. You know the ratio you need; now we need to figure out what each of you will be having and what foods are great sources of each macronutrients.
    Thanks for that. That makes it more clear. I've been eating more , and have gained roughly 9 lbs, with a loss in bodyfat also. But it's kinda been stuck there for about 2 weeks.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

change your training routine if you're stuck. For ex if you train heavy go lighter and do more sets, or do drop sets, or pyramids. You might wanna look into DoggCrap training too. Good luck with it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My first PH cycle
    By RTD1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 11:47 AM
  2. my first ph cycle
    By Joey0808 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 08:44 PM
  3. My First PH Cycle
    By mbm in forum Anabolics