Frustrated.....

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Just gotta rant a bit...

I am currently taking pheradrol, and have been for 3 weeks. I have not seen anything from this, Maybe alittle more definition, if anything.I did 2 weeks at 20mg and this week, I have jumped it up to 30mg. ( Nothing ) I am trying to do a lean bulk, so I have been trying to keep my diet as clean as I can. I have been eatting lots of fish, steak, brown rice,tuna fish, you name it, 2 to 3 protein shakes a day as well.
Now, I took some measurements lastnight, and my chest has not gained anything at all. May have actually gotten smaller.
Arms have gotten a bit bigger.
I am working out 4 day a week. Splitting the body parts up.
I am wanting to weigh 185 by years end, and I only weigh 170 to 173 right now. To me, I have not seen any gains at all, and neither has my wife over the last few weeks or so, except that she said she thought my chest was smaller as well.
I am very frustrated... I am thinking of maybe eatting alittle worse to help gain the weight I am looking for.
I am still getting compliments at work. I got one today, and One of the bigger guys at my gym actually paid me a big compliment, and told me he has seen alot of big changes in me since I started the gym 4 months ago. So that was encouraging.. But I am depressed I guess. Heck, I am just venting I guess. Please be patient with me..
I am thinking of maybe going a week or two of superdrol after 3 weeks of this pheradrol. Its been awhile since I have done any SD. I gained 14 lbs on first cycle, and have maintained it.
That was back in Feb. I only weighed 155 to 158 lbs at the time.
Maybe I am getting all emotional from the pheradrol.. Heck, I don't know. I am just frustrated. I want my chest to grow, and I want to get bigger, and its just not happening.. Not fast enough I guess.

Oh well, I am done with my emotional roller coaster ride now..

If any of you have any advice for me, please fell free to help a brother out. I am all ears.

Oh yeah.. Not sure how ofter you need a break, but I have been working out now since feb with no real break.. Maybe I need to take a week or two off..

Like I said, Any advice or info is welcome.

Thanks for letting me rant.:blink: :blink:

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
How many calories were you taking in? There is no such thing as a "lean" bulk, only a "clean" bulk, you have to eat a LOT to grow... Especially if you are a hardgainer, or an ecto.

ManBeast

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
My calorie intake is anywhere from 2800 on a light day to 3500 .. Really varies, from day to day. Basically I have just tried to take most of the trash out of my diet.. So I would not gain any fat. Just lean or clean muscle.
I do not understand why my chest is not growing while I am on this Pheradrol.. Or at least getting a really good pump.

Like I said... Just kind of frustrating..

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Like I said, Any advice or info is welcome.

Thanks for letting me rant.:blink: :blink:
Eat more. Keep eating clean. Double portions on two or meals a day, that should up your calories a good bit.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
lol- I have tried PP (this would be 2 times now...kinda. More like 3 total) and I havent been able to gain weight off it either. Funny though,.. I LOVE me some ERGO,.. but I guess My body doesn't know what to do with the 2-ene ? :p
I might be able tyo gain a pound or 1.5lbs,.. but that can just be that Im tring to eat my ass off,.. so Id weigh that much more anyways.
I started about 3 weeks ago,.. and I thought for about 2-3 days I felt something.. better sleep,.. slight pump,.. slight mood elevation,... but after those 2-3 days,.. nothing!
I started at 20mg for 1 week, 30 the next,.. and then just bumped to 40 for a few days t osee if I got anything from it.. Nothing! I had to basicly switch chems after 3 weeks kinda like starting over.
I dont know man,.. I would just say that it happens to some

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Also, what kind of routine are you doing? Has your chest gotten any stronger?

ManBeast

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
lol- I have tried PP (this would be 2 times now...kinda. More like 3 total) and I havent been able to gain weight off it either. Funny though,.. I LOVE me some ERGO,.. but I guess My body doesn't know what to do with the 2-ene ? :p
I might be able tyo gain a pound or 1.5lbs,.. but that can just be that Im tring to eat my ass off,.. so Id weigh that much more anyways.
I started about 3 weeks ago,.. and I thought for about 2-3 days I felt something.. better sleep,.. slight pump,.. slight mood elevation,... but after those 2-3 days,.. nothing!
I started at 20mg for 1 week, 30 the next,.. and then just bumped to 40 for a few days t osee if I got anything from it.. Nothing! I had to basicly switch chems after 3 weeks kinda like starting over.
I dont know man,.. I would just say that it happens to some
WOW. A PP nonresponder. Perhaps you are both just nonresponders but this seems to be very rare. I have seen CoAs for the Pheradrol confirming that it was the same as PP so that shouldnt be the issue.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
WOW. A PP nonresponder. Perhaps you are both just nonresponders but this seems to be very rare. I have seen CoAs for the Pheradrol confirming that it was the same as PP so that shouldnt be the issue.
Im not sure who that was directed to, but I wasn't questioning the quality of the compound. Actually, I finished up the AX version, and went to a generic version after about 1.5 weeks.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
Im not sure who that was directed to, but I wasn't questioning the quality of the compound. Actually, I finished up the AX version, and went to a generic version after about 1.5 weeks.
I was just confirming that in case the original poster didnt know.

This is interesting..

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started noticing some good ish at 40mgs a day, anything under that sucked. Id say bump it up bro!

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
You know.. I hate to say this, But I am almost tired of eatting..
As for a non responder.. Maybe so.. But my bench has gone up some. And I have gained some in my biceps and other areas.. As for my chest routine, I have been doing it like this..
I do chest and triceps on monday.
I break it up from time to time. I will either do flat bench or I will do Flat DB press. I also do inclind BB or Incline DB press.
I do flies, incline and flat. I also throw in some decline, and I do close grip on the BP as well. Plus I will throw in some of the machines from time to time.
Here recently, and this may be my problem.. I have been only doing 3 sets of 6 reps. Going up on weight each time. Last set is very hard, and have to have help to get last two reps up.
The 3 sets of 6 is what I have been tring here over the last month and a half. Maybe I need to go back and try something else. I do the three sets of six on just about all exercises.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also, what kind of routine are you doing? Has your chest gotten any stronger?

ManBeast
I was thinking along these lines as well. I used to do all the typical bench routines for chest and I thought I would never get any bigger. I dropped the straight bar exercises and started using the Hammer Strength Incline and Decline machines and would end with DB Flyes. My chest loved it...maybe it's not the supp...maybe your body just needs a shock...More clean calories could help as well.

How do you keep track of what you are eating? Are you using Fitday? A lot of people think they eat a lot more than they really do.

Just a couple of ideas. Good luck.

Edit: Dammit, we both posted at the same time Stinger!

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
The Pheradrol is actually was tested and is susposed to be a tad bit stronger than the original PP.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I started noticing some good ish at 40mgs a day, anything under that sucked. Id say bump it up bro!
But bump it up to what?
really,. 30mg SHOULD be enough,.. I tried 40 with no change...
In my opinion, for the most part, 60mg of methyl isnt bad - as the compound doesnt give me any sides really. I would do 60 mg of SD though,.. but solely the fact that its a methyl,.. Ive done more then 60 mg total methyl before.

Whats the "limit" ?

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
I use fitday to keep up with it all when I have time.

I was thinking along these lines as well. I used to do all the typical bench routines for chest and I thought I would never get any bigger. I dropped the straight bar exercises and started using the Hammer Strength Incline and Decline machines and would end with DB Flyes. My chest loved it...maybe it's not the supp...maybe your body just needs a shock...More clean calories could help as well.

How do you keep track of what you are eating? Are you using Fitday? A lot of people think they eat a lot more than they really do.

Just a couple of ideas. Good luck.

Edit: Dammit, we both posted at the same time Stinger!

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the changing of rep ideas...I forgot to mention that when I was trying to get my chest to grow I changed up my set/rep scheme every so often. The body needs to be "shocked" to help get over those plateaus.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But bump it up to what?
really,. 30mg SHOULD be enough,.. I tried 40 with no change...
In my opinion, for the most part, 60mg of methyl isnt bad - as the compound doesnt give me any sides really. I would do 60 mg of superdrol though,.. but solely the fact that its a methyl,.. Ive done more then 60 mg total methyl before.

Whats the "limit" ?
Everyone responds different. Just because 30 is enough for you and you didnt see a change from 30-40 doesnt mean that he wouldnt. Id bump it to 40, give it a week and see how he does. I started out at 30mgs, gave it 2 weeks and didnt notice ****, bumped it to 40mgs and bam strength started to climb and i really started to enjoy my cycle on pheradrol. Its kinda like SD for me. 20mgs dont do **** for me, hardly any pumps, no weight gain and def no strength gain, but the minute 30mgs gets into my system its game over, pumps are insane, im looking fuller, much stronger. Some slight changes make all the difference in the world!

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Ok, Let me ask this.. From what I have been reading on the PP cycles, most only went 4 weeks or at least the ones I have read did .. I am looking at going 4 weeks as well. Then maybe a week or two of SD at maybe 10 to 20mg a day.. to see what that will do. Do you think this will be safe enough or should I just leave the SD out .. I want to be as safe a possible. I have ony found two post about the Pheradrol, so this makes me kinda leary .

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would save the SD for later. That would be a long time on methyls from what I have read.

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
I think I have read a few post about where people were cycling PP for 3 weeks, and then SD for like 2 or 3 weeks.. I am like you.. Its kind of a fine line you don't want to cross. I will probably do like you say, and just do my PCT, and then give it a rest for awhile.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I ran Pheradrol for a little under a month. I loved it

SrT4u2Nv

SrT4u2Nv

Awards
I ran PP for about 4 weeks and loved it. But Pheradrol is awhole other product. And if its anything like Phera Max then it must really suck. Ive read so many posts about how P MAX sucks and have seen many people take it and hate it compared to Pheraphex. So maybe we're lookin at another PMAX or maybe whoever tested happened to work for the company that makes it. Im lookin to try a Phera-something cycle and dont want to or cant find the orignal PP. Its costly if found and i might just try something else.

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Here is what Stryder from Nutra Planet wrote when he found out what was in Pheradrol..

"""""""O.K. I just got off the phone with SRCS and we have the results for the Pheradrol test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It matches up EXACTLY to P.P. and is actually 11.2 mg/cap: 112% to label claim""""""""

That came from one of the Pheradrol post.. You can do a search on it if you like... I take Stryder for his word..He is a good honest man.. So I believe what he says...

I just may be one of the ones who do not respond.. Guess we will see how it goes at 30mg... Olny been at 30 for about 3 or 4 days now..

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have to realize that even with hormones quality lean muscle mass takes a lot longer than 2 to 3 weeks to develop. Sure you can put weight on the scale and inches on the tape real quick. LBM does not accrue over night.

According to your gaols you are looking to put on 15lbs of weight, preferably LBM, in 90 days, at a modest caloric surplus. That is realy ambitious considering you are not eating that much.

Unless you are willing to gain some fat along the way you hinder your gains by undereating. If you are conscious about gaining fat and eat accordingly you will recomp more than you will gain weight. This is not a bad thing.

Diet and training truely are 90% of the formula for success. Hormones are not magic. The more frequently you use them the less magical they become.

Decide if you want to gain LBM or want to stay lean. For some it is and either or situation.

Good luck :)

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Thanks 5150... I have been trying to gain this elusive 15 lbs for over 3 months now, and I have not gotten anywhere.
I understand that things like I am taking are not always the ticket, but I was hoping to get a bit of a weight gain like I did from SD.. I got right at 15 from it, and yes, I ate like crazy, and crappy.. I put on some fat, So I cleaned up my diet, and made the cottage cheese I gained on my obliques go away woth a better diet and some cardio. I only do cardio 3 times a week, and it is light cardio.. Like 10 mins on an eliptical machine.
I want to eat more calories, but it seems like I am eatting all the stinkin time.. Actually have gotten tired of eatting, and trying to figure out what I am gonna eat..
I think I will probably let my guard down a bit, and maybe have some of the foods that I have not been eatting, they will surely help me put some more weight on. They may have a bit more fat in them, but maybe I can handle it.
I know doing a lean bulk or trying to gain lean mass is hard, and I just need to be patient.
Like I said earlier, I have been getting alot of compliment, and it feels good to hear them.. But I guess since I look at myself everyday, I do not see the gains. Nor does my wife since she works out with me.
I can honestly say my shirts and things all fit tighter and all, But I guess I am like everyone else.. I want it all, and I want it now !!! :head: lol

Thanks for the encouragement. and the advice you have all given.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
...and maybe have some of the foods that I have not been eatting, they will surely help me put some more weight on. They may have a bit more fat in them, but maybe I can handle it.
Maybe somebody could tell us if this is a good idea or not--Instead of straying from a clean diet and just eating anything...you could just add foods that are high in healthy fats. I'm thinking things like nuts (especially almonds), natty peanut butter, olive oil, flax seed, avocados....you get the idea. These will add up quickly.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/47876-9-ways-add.html?highlight=fats

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/news-articles/52312-we-need-fat.html

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Yeah... Thats is for sure an option... I will see what I can do this weekend.,.Its kust like now... Thinking of food almost makes me sick.. I think I am in a rut and just sick of the same old stuff I have been eatting week after week. I am sick of Yoguart and oatmeal.. People at work ask me everyday.. Aren't you tired of that yet... I wanna grab them by there throat and choke them...:frustrate

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Yeah... I will eat a hamburger and fries on weekends, and sometime some Ice Cream... But I tell ya what.. I guess all the grease and fat kinda makes me feel sick afterwards..

Before I started cleaning up my diet, I used to eat a large bowl of ice cream while laying in bed right before I went to sleep... Ohhhhh that was good.. But Ohhhhhhh so bad...

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL, I have to admit that I have been sticking with this thread b/c it hits close to home. You might be like me bro, the only time that I have really been able to put on good size gains I have had to suck it up and add a little fat too (I don't mean food, I mean unwanted body weight :rant: ). I know after some more tweaking I should be able to find that sweet spot, but until then I have to put up with a little fat to get the gains that I want.

N

NYhomeboy

Awards
  • Established
If you're having that hard of a time gaining weight, my guess is there might be something wrong in your fundementals. I think this is where a guy like Bobo here or SwoleCat at gotswole.com can come in with their services and make sure you have everything dialed in for a bulk... They have very few unsatisfied clients.

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
LOL... I hear ya... But I have never had fat on my body, Or what I call cottage cheese until I did that first cycle of SD, and I was told to eat eat eat ,a nd eat some more.. I could never gain weight for the life of me, and I tell ya what.. I gained that 15 lbs, and I was the happiest man alive.. Until I saw my obliques in the mirror one morning... That sucked.. But, I have cleaned it up, and still managed to keep my weight where it is at, so I guess its not a total lose.. I will look into the link and the foods that were talked about.. above..

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, From what I have read, Bobo is the way to go... I may look into giving him a try next yr if something does not click here for me over the next 3 months or so.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL... I hear ya... But I have never had fat on my body, Or what I call cottage cheese...
I'm not saying that you have to gain cottage cheese, but maybe just a little fat...I'm just saying that in trying to maximize my size I managed to lose my abs...I can no longer see me my top four abs unless I flex and I can't see my bottom abs...well, at all...I used to be able to see the top four without flexing...:think:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe somebody could tell us if this is a good idea or not--Instead of straying from a clean diet and just eating anything...you could just add foods that are high in healthy fats. I'm thinking things like nuts (especially almonds), natty peanut butter, olive oil, flax seed, avocados....you get the idea. These will add up quickly.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/47876-9-ways-add.html?highlight=fats

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/news-articles/52312-we-need-fat.html
I'm no diet expert or specimine of a physique but I always eat the same foods bulking or cutting. Depending on the goals I increase or decrease the amounts that I eat. I ALWAYS have EVOO and F/O in my diet. I just increase or decrease with goals. I always eat lo GI carbs, primarily Fiber One, ground oats and vegies, increasing or decrease the oats and Fiber One depending upon goals. I always eat protein at ~1.25g/lb of bw regardless.

You realy have to experiment with your own body. I can't get away with too much carbs or I get fat. What i have been doing latey is a personal modified carb cyclical diet. I eat low to mod carbs on traing days (4 days a week) and trace carbs (fiber one and vegetable) on the other three days. I have been experiencing a little more success with this lately. I am able to gain some size and weight without getting too fat.

You really have got to have the discipline to explore your nutritional needs without the hinderance of vanity if you don't grow or get fat. Loose the fear and free yourself to learn your body. JMHO.

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Awwwww, I see.. I guess I am in your shoes.. I can now see my abs when just standing there, my lower abs... well, they still do not want to come out and let everyone see them yet..
I guess I could try a bulk, and then try to cut back down instead of trying to gain leam mass. Maybe that would work..

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Good advice 5150... I know how hard it has been to get the bit of fat off that I gained from the SD, and it was tough... But it is tougher to gain weight for me... Alot of good advice has been given.. I tell ya, Its nice to actually be able to do some venting and get some of this off of my chest.. I feel better already.. I will start eatting a bit different tomorrow..

Heck.. I just started that tonight.. ( I just ate a small bowl of Ice Cream while watching CSI ) WooooHoooo.... I am also gonna try something different tomorrow at the gym.. Not sure what or how I am gonna change it up, but I am gonna do it.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And in reply to your last post...bulk for a short time, cut for a short time, bulk for a short time and cut for a short time....nets you nothing in the end. Did it for years without much at all to show for it.

Bulk or eat to gain LBM until you have achieved the lean body mass that you want. Hold it for a long time. Then diet. Too many people want to get big fast and over eat and get fat and want to cut again immediately.

Vanity and asthetics is the enemy to growing LBM IMO. I was on a rollercoater of getting over fat and cutting for far too long. Decide, commit and execute a slow gradual growth process that encompases many months to a year or more to achieve.

Anyway...good luck.

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Makes sence 5150... Honestly did not look at it from that prespective...

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You realy have to experiment with your own body. I can't get away with too much carbs or I get fat. What i have been doing latey is a personal modified carb cyclical diet. I eat low to mod carbs on traing days (4 days a week) and trace carbs...on the other three days. I have been experiencing a little more success with this lately. I am able to gain some size and weight without getting too fat.
This is almost exactly what I'm trying right now. I'm really trying to work on nutrient timing as well.

Thanks for the feedback B5150.