"On" and need a break. What do you do?

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I'm in my 6th week of a Cypionate cycle and lifting is starting to hurt a bit.. I haven't increased the weights very much, but I'm training very hard. If I had access to Deca, I'd be on it - but I won't have any until November.. I feel like I need to take a full week off from lifting.. Is that a bad idea while "on" or what? I'm probably wasting the Cypionate but I really feel like I need a break. I don't want to end-up with any more major injuries...

tattoopierced1

listen to your body..if it needs a break, give it a break. if you injure yourself, then you've done yourself no good.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
One week out is a LOT better than months... Do some (light) cardio or something to keep yourself active/in the gym if that is what you are worried about.

ManBeast

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i always take weeks off while on .. gear helps you grow .. you grow while you rest

its not a bad thing at all

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Great. Thank you.. The crooks of my arms (between my biceps and forearms) feel like they're going to burst.. It figures, though - since I'm on my 6th week of Cypionate and the gains should start kicking in about now..

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I second the Cissus.

Im assuming when taking a break we are talking about taking a break from lifting , not the ending the cycle early right?

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
No, definitely not ending the cycle.. I'll use some of my Cissus and take a week off of weighttraining. Hopefully I'll feel better by next Tuesday..

I'm anxious for my next cycle of Cypionate and Deca.. That should be interesting...

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I agree with everyone else i've done it as well, hey if you need the rest you need the rest, not all gear prevents over training.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
try streching your forearms, it helped for me, when i had similar pains.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
def take the week off, hell take the time you need to take regardless if your on or off. I am convinced that this is why a lot of people see the gains diminish during a cycle after a while, they don't take the time off and the body can not keep up. Then the first thing everyone tells them is to eat more and up the training. In fact an old timer told me this a while back after I told him about the problem. It worked.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Always listen to your body. Maybe tweak your training routine a bit when you go back as well.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I've had that same problem. listen to everyone here.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the advice on stretching.. I will do that search for DC stretches..