Nolvadex and drug tests ?

jeffas66

Awards
I've searched everywhere, but I can't find if nolvadex/tamoxifen could be detected in a drug test.

I need to know this for a friend, who will compete right after his PCT (5 weeks, nolv only for some reasons).The product is forbidden on the IOC list, but I can't see it on any detection time list I've found on the net...

Thanks for any info about this.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
nolva has a halflife of about 3 days. so if they test for it, they will find it.

jeffas66

Awards
Yes, but how many days/weeks should he stop his PCT to pass the test ??
I can't find the detection time for this stuff. I know it's about 3-6 weeks for most orals, but no info about tamoxifen...

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
it has a 6 day nonlinear half life. what this translates into a detection time I don't know, the half life is not a good indication of that. I don't have any data on anyone even testing for nolvadex so I can't even really begin to guess.

are you sure that it is going to be tested for? it is a estrogen like compond so it is sure to have some type of metabolites that could be but I just have never heard of it being tested for.

jeffas66

Awards
are you sure that it is going to be tested for?
...In fact, I only know he will compete in a powerlifting event : he belongs to a french federation, who gave him the list of the banned products he could be tested for. Tamoxifen is in the list, but I can't say he will be tested specially for this.