Debating doing a DNP cycle...

NYhomeboy

Awards
  • Established
After much fascination with DNP, I have pretty much read everything that I could about it in the last 4 days. I have much more left to learn, but I'm debating whether or not to do a cycle soon and am looking for some input. From what I've learned so far, it seems that the rap of DNP as a deadly drug is way overblown... I can obviously lose fat over a longer period of time (my nutrition/training is in check), but I would really like to see what DNP has to offer and contribute some wisdom to prove that DNP isn't as deadly as it's made out to be. Anyway...

Pros
- I've only heard of 2 people dying over the last few years from DNP use (both of it was their fault for not respecting DNP)
- I'd only be doing 200mg over 14 days, a pretty mild dose
- A 14 day cycle would give me a jumpstart to single digit bf :dance:
- It has been used safely countless times in the BBing world, and long ago when it was prescribed/OTC
- I'd get to contribute my log to AM
- Everything would be in order in terms of supporting supps/research

Cons
- One of only 2 things in the BB world that can kill you directly (the other being slin) + longterm effects not known
- Can reach the same goal in terms of fatloss with D&E over a long period of time (although losing fat is not my primary purpose)
- Lots of DNP busts by the feds recently... ergh
- The source is from a Mexican researcher... Has a reputable looking DNP resource site, but international stuff gets watched more and there could be potential risk dosing errors

I would greatly appreciate this board's input on my potential future cycle.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
+ longterm effects not known
The same can be said of Clenbuterol.

The potential long-term effects of DNP would stem from the free radical damage that occurs when you use it.

NYhomeboy

Awards
  • Established
True. I plan on using a lot of anti-oxidants while on DNP if I choose to do it.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I have friends that have used DNP with success and they seem to be fine. Personally I wont touch it, but Im a sissy when it comes to potentially dangerous chems.

I would make sure to get bloodwork done and make sure your liver and kidneys are perfectly healthy before trying it though. If you have any unknown problems with the organs responsible for metabolizing and removing toxins from the body, you could really pay for it.

DNP seems to be pretty safe with responsible use - but it never hurts to be extra careful.

BV

maximus79

maximus79

Awards
I would very interested in seing a log on this.

I say do it and good luck!

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
The benefit/cost ratio doesn't pencil out for me. I wouldn't do it personally.

NYhomeboy

Awards
  • Established
I have friends that have used DNP with success and they seem to be fine. Personally I wont touch it, but Im a sissy when it comes to potentially dangerous chems.

I would make sure to get bloodwork done and make sure your liver and kidneys are perfectly healthy before trying it though. If you have any unknown problems with the organs responsible for metabolizing and removing toxins from the body, you could really pay for it.

DNP seems to be pretty safe with responsible use - but it never hurts to be extra careful.

BV
Thanks bro. Good call... I might've been an idiot and forgotten to get bloodwork done. I guess I'll probably pre-load on milk thistle for this as well.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro. Good call... I might've been an idiot and forgotten to get bloodwork done. I guess I'll probably pre-load on milk thistle for this as well.
Its a good idea, IMO. I know the two arent really comparable - but Ive read of several cases of people needing liver transplants after using Usnic Acid (which I think is a lot more liver toxic than DNP, actually). Still though - its a case where a drug works fine for some and could kill another dead at the same dose, just because of differences in body chemistry.

Ive read a bit about DNP and it seems to be fairly safe, especially at the dose you plan to run it at, but with a chem that has been known to cause deaths you just have to take every precaution.

BV

torp

Awards
As others have stated, DNP is fairly safe if used with respect and not abused. Honestly, the greatest risk comes from dehydration and if you keep yourself drinking plenty of fluids you should be fine. free radical damage and long term implications; that's something you have to decide if it's worth it to you.

However I should also add that while most things can be accounted for, there is always a chance for the unexpected happening and increasing your risks. I'll give you my story as an example.

The second time I used DNP I was on a work trip for a week to Reno. Figured it was cold out there and I might as well use the oppurtunity to eat clean and lose some weight. All was good till the third day when I came down with a stomach flu. That's terrible you say; well let me explain how terrible it was.

I couldn't stop throwing up for the life of me for two days. Dehydration was becoming a major concern for me at this point as I was also sweating away a ton of fluids as anyone on DNP knows.

Fine, you say, stop the DNP and take plenty of fluids. Well I had stopped the DNP as soon as I got sick but DNP doesn't clear out of your system as soon as you stop it but more like a couple of days.

As for drinking fluids, I couldn't even sip some water without me immediately thowing it back up with along with what seemed to be an additional gallon of other fluids.

I was quite certain I was going to die at this point unless I got a saline IV drip to rehydrate myself and I got ready to call for an ambulance. As it happened, I got better by the end of the second day and was able to hold fluids and the effects of DNP had subsided but it was a scary two days.

So just goes to show you how you can plan it all out but you can never know what life might throw at you to increase your risks. All I can say after that to anyone who wants to use DNP is that be extra, extra careful.

On the positive side I lost 10lbs in two days from the stomache flu:fool2:

NYhomeboy

Awards
  • Established
Great great story man, thanks for the warning... I was terribly worried of getting sick on DNP or just having something very unexpected happen. What dosage did you use for the first time? I'm also scared of being that 0.1% that would get health complications for no apparent reason, but that happens to people on aspirin too, no.

On the positive side I lost 10lbs in two days from the stomache flu:fool2:
Hmmmm, maybe I should just try anabolics + tape worm or clen + mono. :)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmm, maybe I should just try anabolics + tape worm or clen + mono.
Personally, Id just try strict cutting diet techniques and proper training. Save the anabolics for when you're <10% and want to recomp. Most muscle loss will happen trying to get that last bit of fat off, from my recent experience.

BV

torp

Awards
Great great story man, thanks for the warning... I was terribly worried of getting sick on DNP or just having something very unexpected happen. What dosage did you use for the first time? I'm also scared of being that 0.1% that would get health complications for no apparent reason, but that happens to people on aspirin too, no.

Hmmmm, maybe I should just try anabolics + tape worm or clen + mono. :)
LOL! Don't go stealing my next great idea! I've been telling my friends that I'm starting the next dieting fad, involving tapeworms, for a couple of years now. The diet would be ultra simple and would go something like this.

Step 1 - acquire some tapeworm eggs and swallow.
Step 2 - wait for tapeworms to mature and continue eating like the pig you are.
Step 3 - When you've lost all the weight you want, go on a drinking binge of gin and tonic, or if you are uber-cool, lots of absinthe. The quinine and wormwood from the tonic and absinthe will hopefully kill the tapeworm and you can now work on your alcoholism that you've recently developed.

See simple! Except I can't quite figure out to market and brand my diet like Atkins has. Also expanding those three steps to encompass a whole book is proving difficult;)

The DNP caps I had were dosed at 250mg so I started at one cap for 3 days and two for the rest of the cycle. I was one week in before I got ill. I don't know what dose your caps are but you really don't need to go over 400mg for excellent results. I know people that have successfully done low dose DNP cycles of 200mg for a month. They experienced much much less side effects and got almost the results of a two week 400mg cycle.

NYhomeboy

Awards
  • Established
Interesting... everything was looking in the way of doing a DNP cycle. I then ran into two different logs where people had potential for cataract formations within 25 years as a direct result of their DNP cycles. IMO, even at 200mg/day, might not be worth it. Bummer -- I was really starting to warm up to DNP. I might change my mind yet though! Still researching.

torp

Awards
Interesting... everything was looking in the way of doing a DNP cycle. I then ran into two different logs where people had potential for cataract formations within 25 years as a direct result of their DNP cycles. IMO, even at 200mg/day, might not be worth it. Bummer -- I was really starting to warm up to DNP. I might change my mind yet though! Still researching.
In the 1930's about 0.1% of women contracted permanent cataracts after using DNP. This was the primary reason that it was banned back in 1938. As far as my research goes, I have not found a single male case of cataract from DNP usage. Plus the preventative side of supplementation when using DNP was non-existant back in the 30's. Now it's believed that supplementation with Vitamin C and pyruvate would have easily avoided this problem. Dan Duchaine on DNP and cataract...

Dan: Depletion of antioxidants in the eyeball specifically glutathione and Vitamin C. I always suspected it was the Vitamin C because the early research pointed out there was a depletion of Vitamin C in the cells, especially in the eyeball. Just recently, a couple of weeks ago, most newspapers reported a study that suggested supplemental Vitamin C could help avoid most cataracts.

NYhomeboy

Awards
  • Established
I lost the thread, but if you search for a certain DNP thread on AM, it's a guy talking about how his doctor found something in his eye that will lead to cataracts about 25 years down the road. This guy took all of the precautions necessary and was astonished it happened to him. You're right though, seeing as it was only found in women, it might not be something to worry about. I will continue researching

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I dunno if you guys know this but it will completely clear your androgen receptors leaving them more sensitive for your next cycle. I dunno if i'd use it, the sides sound horrible, never say never though, it is a fasinationg compound though. Personally i'd probably go with GH for getting down to single digit bf.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I dunno if you guys know this but it will completely clear your androgen receptors leaving them more sensitive for your next cycle. I dunno if i'd use it, the sides sound horrible, never say never though, it is a fasinationg compound though. Personally i'd probably go with GH for getting down to single digit bf.
Adequate time off can do that too :)

But I agree, DNP is a fascinating compound for its effects on body composition. I wont use it, but wish those of you who do the best of luck, and be safe and do as much research as you can before going into it.

BV

torp

Awards
That's rough. I'm certainly not advocating the use of DNP and just it's oxidative qualities, and therefore premature aging, is nothing to sneeze at. I've done a couple of DNP cycles and knock on wood, no problems and I did go for an eye exam afterwards. I did use the crystal forms which is "safer' and did not have a lot of the nasty effects of the powder form.

This is definitely a compound you have to seriously consider before using and always be aware you are taking a risk when you take it. You may be one of those individuals like vandoo who may be pre-genetically, or physically disposed to having a problem on DNP. The odds are low (1 in a 1000) that you may develop cataracts but if you are one of those unfortunate individuals, will it have been worth it? So decide carefully and be at peace with the risks if you decide to proceed.

torp

Awards

Actually DNP will down-regulate your receptor sensitivity to androgens... something to do with cAMP interference. I can look it up if you like. Speaking from personal experience backed up by another friends similar experience, it completely killed my gains for a good month after the DNP was over in the middle of my cycle. Was making steady gains which came to a complete halt on DNP and didn't pick back up for weeks afterwards.

NYhomeboy

Awards
  • Established
You guys are great. :) I will make a very well informed decision soon once I research some more.

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards
True. I plan on using a lot of anti-oxidants while on DNP if I choose to do it.
DNP decreases the production of free radicals. Just take a low dose of antioxidants like you do normally do. I wouldn't megadose.

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards
I guess I'll probably pre-load on milk thistle for this as well
DNP is not toxic to the liver or the kidneys. No reason to take milk thistle. Definitely no reason to pre-load with it.

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards
I liked what you had to say, but to reiterate...

free radical damage and long term implications; that's something you have to decide if it's worth it to you.
DNP does not increase oxidative stress, at least not in the mitochondria where energy production is occuring. It actually decreases ROS. Dan was wrong about this and I think everyone has followed suit. If anything, ROS production rebounds upon cessation of DNP.

torp

Awards
DNP is not toxic to the liver or the kidneys. No reason to take milk thistle. Definitely no reason to pre-load with it.

Actually lowers blood pressure quite nicely too. My BP tends to run a bit on the higher side when cycling... I had great reading when using DNP. So at least it's easy on the cardio system in that regard.

torp

Awards
I liked what you had to say, but to reiterate...

DNP does not increase oxidative stress, at least not in the mitochondria where energy production is occuring. It actually decreases ROS. Dan was wrong about this and I think everyone has followed suit. If anything, ROS production rebounds upon cessation of DNP.
Really??? Do me a favor and point me to any info you have on that. That's some interesting information I hadn't run across yes. Thanks for letting me know that.

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards
In the 1930's about 0.1% of women contracted permanent cataracts after using DNP. This was the primary reason that it was banned back in 1938. As far as my research goes, I have not found a single male case of cataract from DNP usage. Plus the preventative side of supplementation when using DNP was non-existant back in the 30's. Now it's believed that supplementation with Vitamin C and pyruvate would have easily avoided this problem. Dan Duchaine on DNP and cataract...
There were a few male cases mentioned in the literature, but only a handful. Realize that mostly women were taking the drug.

Oxidative stress is involved in cataract formation, but only when a rare metabolite of DNP (a metabolite of a metabolite actually) gets oxidized. The metabolite, when oxidized, is highly cateractogenic. DNP does not uncouple the proteins in the lens directly, it is not a free radical, nor does it produce free radicals. This explains why a good deal of the cataracts did not appear until 9+ months after discontinuing use of DNP. It was likely due to a compromised antioxidant defense down the road.

Considering that the cataracts were easy to remove with surgery, and that the incidence rate in men appeared to be very low, and that we have access to a host of antioxidants for daily use, I wouldn't even worry about it.

NYhomeboy

Awards
  • Established
I've been snooping around MM a bunch... It seems like a lot of people there have run DNP cycles, and it's honestly starting to make me feel a lot better about it. I was hesitant at first given the reputation of DNP and the relative lack of logs here, but I think once I find a trustworthy source I will give it a go.

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards
Really??? Do me a favor and point me to any info you have on that. That's some interesting information I hadn't run across yes. Thanks for letting me know that.
DNP decreases ROS production by lowering the mitochondrial membrane potential (delta psi). ROS result from the "crowding" of electrons within the respiratory chain complexes I and III. Some of the "crowded" electrons then escape, not following the normal pathway. Uncouplers like DNP allow protons to leak though, dropping delta psi, promoting the normal pathway, and decreasing ROS production. This is why uncoupling proteins are now thought to regulate ROS production: when their expression is increased, ROS production drops. There are dozens of studies looking at UCP's and uncouplers decreasing ROS. Here's one I quickly found: Entrez PubMed It's looking at an injury model, but I assure you the drop in ROS holds true during normal conditions as well. Search for similar.

As for potential rebound, this is all I've found: Entrez PubMed Unfortunately, few studies look at what happens after DNP is removed.

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards
I dunno if you guys know this but it will completely clear your androgen receptors leaving them more sensitive for your next cycle.
Sounds like a wonderfully unsubstantiated claim. It probably evolved through brolore as one of the reasons that people should add DNP to post cycle therapy.

I've looked at hundreds of papers on DNP, both the original studies, late reviews, and in modern use in ischaemia/reperfusion, AMPK work, etc. I have never seen anything to substantiate this claim.

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards
That's rough. I'm certainly not advocating the use of DNP and just it's oxidative qualities, and therefore premature aging, is nothing to sneeze at. I've done a couple of DNP cycles and knock on wood, no problems and I did go for an eye exam afterwards. I did use the crystal forms which is "safer' and did not have a lot of the nasty effects of the powder form.
DNP has been shown to improve the development of growing animals when used chronically at doses that are high enough to inhibit ROS, but low enough to not significantly compromise energy balance. Even then, mild, long term caloric restriction is known to increase life span.

Note that crystal is not any safer. The two forms are therapeutically indistinguishable, as stated in the original research by Cutting and Tainter. Crystal, however, is only 75% DNP by weight. This means that it takes 100mg of the crystal to get effects equivalent to 75mg of the pure powder (i.e. the rumor that crystal is stronger is just that, a rumor). The reason that crystal results in fewer side effects is because people are consuming less actual DNP. Of course they'll have fewer side effects. On top of that, I've heard from people who I trust that one of the prominant crystal sources appears to underdose his product. I'd keep all this in mind when forming comparisons.

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards
Actually DNP will down-regulate your receptor sensitivity to androgens... something to do with cAMP interference. I can look it up if you like. Speaking from personal experience backed up by another friends similar experience, it completely killed my gains for a good month after the DNP was over in the middle of my cycle. Was making steady gains which came to a complete halt on DNP and didn't pick back up for weeks afterwards.
Interesting. Please post more about the cAMP/androgen receptor interaction.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I got my info from Building The Perfect Beast, i know Paul Borreson believed this as well but that isn't sayin much because that guy was a crazy bastard who probably ended up harming more people then helping them.

Torp can you post this evidence you have, not doubting you i'm just curious.

torp

Awards
I got my info from Building The Perfect Beast, i know Paul Borreson believed this as well but that isn't sayin much because that guy was a crazy bastard who probably ended up harming more people then helping them.

Torp can you post this evidence you have, not doubting you i'm just curious.
I regret having stated that without having the info handy to back it up. I believe I had read it on SSB and having been looking for it since conciliator had asked but have not been able to find it yet. Give me a bit and I'll keep looking for that thread.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I regret having stated that without having the info handy to back it up. I believe I had read it on SSB and having been looking for it since conciliator had asked but have not been able to find it yet. Give me a bit and I'll keep looking for that thread.
It's been 2 years ass-wipe.

torp

Awards
It's been 2 years ass-wipe.
Wow Fog, someone piss in your Muscle-Milk oatmeal today?

I'm sorry you sat monitoring this thread for 2 years just holding your breath, patiently anticipating a response, suffering in silence. My friend, let me give you some relief.

You ready?

I didn't find the thread on SSB. You know... that site that's been gone for a while now? Some big deal with RAW in it from what I heard.

I'm sorry if I disappointed you. I did look and check there, and every other site I thought I may have seen the info on and I couldn't find it.

Perhaps the DNP was cooking my brain at the time and I imagined reading it. Or perhaps I was drinking at the time I posted that message. Perhaps both. Who knows? I've been known to do these sorts of things and it really saddens my mother, the poor woman.

My apologies for keeping my audience of one waiting this long.

Peace.

pata320

pata320

Banned
Awards
Wow Fog, someone piss in your Muscle-Milk oatmeal today?

I'm sorry you sat monitoring this thread for 2 years just holding your breath, patiently anticipating a response, suffering in silence. My friend, let me give you some relief.

You ready?

I didn't find the thread on SSB. You know... that site that's been gone for a while now? Some big deal with RAW in it from what I heard.

I'm sorry if I disappointed you. I did look and check there, and every other site I thought I may have seen the info on and I couldn't find it.

Perhaps the DNP was cooking my brain at the time and I imagined reading it. Or perhaps I was drinking at the time I posted that message. Perhaps both. Who knows? I've been known to do these sorts of things and it really saddens my mother, the poor woman.

My apologies for keeping my audience of one waiting this long.

Peace.
don't disrespect Force of Green, back up will be in this thread asap. back up before you get waKed up! :bruce1:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Torp, I've got some DNP coming my way and was rummaging through lost and dead threads... it just seemed that this one had an unanswered question. ;)

torp

Awards
Torp, I've got some DNP coming my way and was rummaging through lost and dead threads... it just seemed that this one had an unanswered question. ;)

That's cool bro. Enjoy your experience with the big D. It does do everything that's hyped about it - amazing weight loss, and crazy heat that will have you walking around shirtless in the dead of winter.

I've used it several times and so have my colleagues and from my limited experience with DNP, it's certainly a compound to be respected. I've just never been able to gain muscle size or strength when on DNP as I stated way back. Though I certainly have lost muscle mass when I did a DNP cycle without gear though it's not suppose to be catabolic.

It's possible that different people's physiology react to it differently. Each time I've used it, the weight loss, the intensity of heat, the feeling of fatigue and tiredness, varied each time for me. I know two of my friends that didn't get the slightest heat or weight loss after a week of using it and they used the same DNP I was using - that's just not suppose to happen. It's this diversity in experiences that keeps me cautious and respectful of DNP.

So I hope you get what you're looking for out of it FoG. Just be safe and be careful.

Peace bro...

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
That's cool bro. Enjoy your experience with the big D. It does do everything that's hyped about it - amazing weight loss, and crazy heat that will have you walking around shirtless in the dead of winter.

I've used it several times and so have my colleagues and from my limited experience with DNP, it's certainly a compound to be respected. I've just never been able to gain muscle size or strength when on DNP as I stated way back. Though I certainly have lost muscle mass when I did a DNP cycle without gear though it's not suppose to be catabolic.

It's possible that different people's physiology react to it differently. Each time I've used it, the weight loss, the intensity of heat, the feeling of fatigue and tiredness, varied each time for me. I know two of my friends that didn't get the slightest heat or weight loss after a week of using it and they used the same DNP I was using - that's just not suppose to happen. It's this diversity in experiences that keeps me cautious and respectful of DNP.

So I hope you get what you're looking for out of it FoG. Just be safe and be careful.

Peace bro...
Torp, thanks for the info and experience! Would you be willing to maybe subscribe to the log I have that I'll be posting updates in when I run it next week? Most people in my thread are like, "what's DNP? It's it a steroid?" haha. Even if you just poked in, it'd help out a lot and be appreciated.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/millennium-sports-technologies/103152-force-green-mst-34.html#post1660642

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards
There's a lot of variation in individual sensitivity to DNP. That explains a lot of the difference you'll see. 200mg/day in a relatively sensitive person could produce the same effects as 600mg/day in a relatively tolerant person. The relatively tolerant person might not feel anything from 200mg/day. And the sensitive person could end up in the hospital jumping to600mg/day. That's why it's important to slowly increase the dose according to personal tolerance, rather than follow some absolute dosing guideline. With DNP, absolulte dosing schedules are completely inappropriate.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
There's a lot of variation in individual sensitivity to DNP. That explains a lot of the difference you'll see. 200mg/day in a relatively sensitive person could produce the same effects as 600mg/day in a relatively tolerant person. The relatively tolerant person might not feel anything from 200mg/day. And the sensitive person could end up in the hospital jumping to600mg/day. That's why it's important to slowly increase the dose according to personal tolerance, rather than follow some absolute dosing guideline. With DNP, absolulte dosing schedules are completely inappropriate.
I find no point in following some of the crazy dosing schemes that have you doing every other day something different to try and offset the fluctuations. It will reach peak plasma level at any given dose if that dose is adhered to.

torp

Awards
Torp, thanks for the info and experience! Would you be willing to maybe subscribe to the log I have that I'll be posting updates in when I run it next week? Most people in my thread are like, "what's DNP? It's it a steroid?" haha. Even if you just poked in, it'd help out a lot and be appreciated.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/millennium-sports-technologies/103152-force-green-mst-34.html#post1660642
No problem, I'll absolutely keep an eye on this thread over the next few weeks. Seems we've got Conciliator back in this thread now too. He'll be able to provide you some excellent information and knowledge as well. Good job on reviving this dead thread. ;)

torp

Awards

Totally agree with you here. As newbies to DNP, I had them ramp up to 400mg/day but didn't feel comfortable going past that after no reaction - these being friends of mine and not lab rats for me to test on. Beside, I'm not a doctor... though I play one on TV.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Totally agree with you here. As newbies to DNP, I had them ramp up to 400mg/day but didn't feel comfortable going past that after no reaction - these being friends of mine and not lab rats for me to test on. Beside, I'm not a doctor... though I play one on TV.
What show are you on?

torp

Awards
What show are you on?

Sorry bro, just an old joke that didn't come off well in text. Every few months, I get lucky and get to watch an episode of "House"... probably about as close as I'll ever get to a TV doctor.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Sorry bro, just an old joke that didn't come off well in text. Every few months, I get lucky and get to watch an episode of "House"... probably about as close as I'll ever get to a TV doctor.
Nice! I like Hugh ;)