SHBG and AS

1. Registered User
    Answers

SHBG and AS

Department of Pediatrics, University of Hamburg, West Germany.

Both the androgen-induced decline in serum sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) levels during puberty and the anabolic effect of exogenous testosterone are absent in patients with androgen insensitivity (testicular feminization). To determine whether the androgen-induced decline in serum SHBG could be used as a test of androgen sensitivity, we studied the effect of the anabolic-androgenic steroid stanozolol (17 beta-hydroxy-17 alpha-methyl-5 alpha-androstano-[3,2-c]pyrazol) on serum SHBG in 25 control subjects, 3 patients with complete androgen insensitivity, and 4 patients with partial androgen insensitivity. Stanozolol was administered orally for 3 days (0.2 mg/kg.day); blood samples were taken before and 5, 6, 7, and 8 days after the beginning of the test for measurements of serum SHBG. The lowest value (i.e. the peak response) in each subject was used as the measure of the response to stanozolol. In the control subjects the mean nadir serum SHBG level was 51.6 +/- 5.9% (+/- SD) of the initial value (P less than 0.001). In the 4 patients with partial androgen insensitivity the nadir serum SHBG ranged from 73-89%, and in the 3 patients with complete androgen insensitivity it ranged from 93-97% of the initial value. Thus, the decrease in serum SHBG after short term administration of stanozolol reflects androgen responsiveness and, thus, may be used to differentiate patients with androgen insensitivity syndromes from those with other causes of male pseudohermaphroditism.

Here’s the thing: This was after oral administration, so I am not sure that I can extrapolate the data to injectable as well. SHBG is made in the liver so even an injectable winny would have to be processed there, albeit slower, due to the slower release of injectable winny and it’s direct release into the bloodstream. That could possibly make it a little less effective in this regard.

In a nutshell: Proviron and Winny could provide the mechanisms to increase the value of other AS. Proviron would work because by binding to SHBG, it leaves hormone in a free state to bind to the AR. Proviron is a terrible Anabolic, but its affinity for SHBG would essentially “displace”other steroids from binding to SHBG. Winstrol would work to reduce the overall amount of SHBG, thereby having the effect of freeing up hormone to bind to the AR. What a stack! ---

2. Registered User
    Answers

Interesting concept.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Answers

Drostanalone is another compound known for it's high affinity for SHBG. Drostanalone, Stanazolol, and Mestanalone have been known for this benefit for a while now.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

ok this is realy got me wondering about a couple of things---how does nettle root compare to these AS that bind to SHBG/do the AS bind better than nettle?Dont forget with nettle you get an added benefit of prostate protection/stops T from turning to DHT/A weak AI/Higher free T---which makes me think about ,if your on a cycle of TREN and your taking nettle 1st TREN binds to AR better than T so if your taking nettle while on --in theory you should have some extra T floating around that cant turn to DHT/ESTROGEN or bind to AR --So what happens to it?
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by skull
    ok this is realy got me wondering about a couple of things---how does nettle root compare to these AS that bind to SHBG/do the AS bind better than nettle?Dont forget with nettle you get an added benefit of prostate protection/stops T from turning to DHT/A weak AI/Higher free T---which makes me think about ,if your on a cycle of TREN and your taking nettle 1st TREN binds to AR better than T so if your taking nettle while on --in theory you should have some extra T floating around that cant turn to DHT/ESTROGEN or bind to AR --So what happens to it?
    -- so does anyone have any thoughts on taking netttle root with my tren?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. article on shbg and diet AKA fiber plays a huge role
    By hardasnails1973 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 02:44 PM
  2. Supps to lower SHBG and Estradiol?
    By SHaneA655 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 01:42 AM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 01:40 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 01:55 PM
  5. Low SHBG and Estradiol by Dr. Marianco.
    By pmgamer18 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 04:25 PM