How long is gear good for?

1. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

How long is gear good for?

I couldnt find this in a search so im sorry if its already been covered. But how long are AAS good for? say you had some vials and a bunch of pills how long could you keep them before they are degraded substantially? How would you store them? a cool dark place like everything else?

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

years
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.46%

Yes it has been covered. It comes down to how you store your gear. Heat, light, moisture, and oxygen are major sources of degradation.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.46%

Forgot to mention - best storage conditions are vacumn seal and keep in freezer.
  5. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sock
    Forgot to mention - best storage conditions are vacumn seal and keep in freezer.
    for pills correct? i dont think you can freeze gear...
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.46%

Definitely tablets. For gear, it would most likely depend on solubility of the compound. The active may crash out (precipitate out), which may require some moderate heat to resolubilize. In my line of work, I have worked with some IV drugs that were kept at -20 C to compare to samples at 5 C and room temp. No issues were seen with frozen samples after they converted back to liquids. In fact, degradation was inihibited or rate severly limited. Although my experience is limited to specific compounds, if I had gear, I would throw it in freezer for long term storage. IF any drug recyrstallized, heat would most likely get the drug back into solution.
  7. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

The type IV drugs you used could have different effect than what gear would correct? if the compound was in oil suspension would it be the same as your studies? what is the best way to apply heat to get it back to solution?
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.46%

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump
    The type IV drugs you used could have different effect than what gear would correct? if the compound was in oil suspension would it be the same as your studies? what is the best way to apply heat to get it back to solution?
    Absolutely different effect (I can't really talk about specifics). I should also note that gear is injected intramuscularly while IV is intravenous. Much different solution densities. IV's are typically saline based. While I do not have experience with oil based injectables, I do have experience with liquid filled capsules. I am applying what experience I have to gear. The liquid is typically an oil, some combination of mono, di-,and triglycerides or other type fatty acids. At times in my work, samples are kept at -20 C and 5 C for comparison to stressed samples (ie 40 C / 75% relative humidity) to see if degradate growth can be kept in check. Which in most cases it does. Long story short, some compounds in LFC's recrystallize. Compound dependant. As far as reheating, indirect heat is best. Flameless stovetop would work. If a compound recrystillizes, upon close examination you would most likely be able to see it with your eyes once oil returns to liquid state at room temp. I wish I had excess gear to store! (have plenty of SD, PP, etc.)

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 07:20 PM
  2. How long is winstrol good for?
    By packers6211 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 05:57 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 05:33 PM
  4. How long is M1T good for after exp date?
    By Moparriggan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-28-2007, 11:39 PM
  5. how long is nolva good for
    By dedication in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 09:44 PM