Is DMT Reduced by 5-AR? - AnabolicMinds.com

Is DMT Reduced by 5-AR?

  1. New Member
    SubliminalX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    238

    Is DMT Reduced by 5-AR?


    Can't seem to find any information on this. Thanks for any help.

  2. Senior Member
    Mass_69's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,550
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    3037

    Yes.

    17a-methyl-5a-androst-2-ene-17b-ol
  3. Banned
    same_old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,526
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Mass_69
    Yes.

    17a-methyl-5a-androst-2-ene-17b-ol
    i believe he asked if DMT is reduced in the body by 5AR. the answer is NO, DMT is already 5A-reduced, which is mostly what accounts for the androgenic sides (libido, acne, strength, hairloss, etc)
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    SubliminalX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    254
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    238

    Quote Originally Posted by same_old
    i believe he asked if DMT is reduced in the body by 5AR. the answer is NO, DMT is already 5A-reduced, which is mostly what accounts for the androgenic sides (libido, acne, strength, hairloss, etc)
    Thanks. But I thought being 5-alpha reduced doesn't necessarily mean it's a strong androgen receptor agonizer. Like Deca is reduced to a weaker compound, while non-reduced Deca is the stronger androgen.
  5. Banned
    same_old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,526
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by SubliminalX
    Thanks. But I thought being 5-alpha reduced doesn't necessarily mean it's a strong androgen receptor agonizer. Like Deca is reduced to a weaker compound, while non-reduced Deca is the stronger androgen.
    DHN is the exception, not the rule. virtually all 5A-reduced steroids are dry (of course), hardening, good for strength, unfriendly to those with MPB or BPH...and many cause acne and aggression to a greater degree than their unconverted counterparts.
  6. Banned
    same_old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,526
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by SubliminalX
    Thanks. But I thought being 5-alpha reduced doesn't necessarily mean it's a strong androgen receptor agonizer. Like Deca is reduced to a weaker compound, while non-reduced Deca is the stronger androgen.
    oh and a compound's androgenicity and its AR affinity are not the same thing...although they can feasibly be related, as androgenic sides will be exhibited more on a stronger steroid.
  7. Senior Member
    Mass_69's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,550
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    3037

    Quote Originally Posted by same_old
    i believe he asked if DMT is reduced in the body by 5AR. the answer is NO, DMT is already 5A-reduced
    Actually, the question simply said, "Is DMT Reduced by 5-AR?" and the answer is yes, it IS reduced by 5a-reductase in it's current state (as you yourself went on to say). Maybe the question should have asked, "Is DMT Reduced/Effected in the Body by 5a-Reductase?"


    Smart-A$$...
  8. Banned
    same_old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,526
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Mass_69
    Actually, the question simply said, "Is DMT Reduced by 5-AR?" and the answer is yes, it IS reduced by 5a-reductase in it's current state (as you yourself went on to say). Maybe the question should have asked, "Is DMT Reduced/Effected in the Body by 5a-Reductase?"

    Smart-A$$...
    i dont believe DMT ever encounters the 5A reductase enzyme during its pharmaceutical manufacture...therefore the answer is still "no."

    anyway, this is all semantics. i think we have made it clear what the actual scenario is.
  9. Senior Member
    Mass_69's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,550
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    3037

    Quote Originally Posted by same_old
    i think we have made it clear what the actual scenario is.
    What was the question, again?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Is Hypertension Caused by St Johns Wort
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 04:02 PM
  2. how much fat does a grill reduce by?
    By Irongame in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 12:54 PM
  3. IGF-1 is being used by bodybuilders on TV
    By x_muscle in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 12:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in