Tren and Hair Loss

Sendo

Awards
I have a question, I'm sort've a board lurker and only post when I can't find an answer I'm looking for (which is pretty rare and this board has a good archive of knowledge).

I've done some searching in the forums but haven't found any exact answers.

I'm considering stopping my tren ace/test cycle 4 weeks in as the hair shedding is really starting to make me paranoid. I've read that spiro should be used while on cycle, but what should I use while off cycle.

I never really lost a hair on test only cycles (only cycles I've done). I added tren in the mix and It really has gone crazy. I don't have any of the other sides though. No insomnia, back pain, aggression. Just hair shedding.

So here are my questions that I couldn't find clear answers on:

1. I know this shedding is normal, but does hair typically grow back after the cycle stops even in the slightest amount?

2. Is there anything else I can take besides spiro that would help with the tren induced hair loss.

3. Should I go ahead and stop this cycle now? (in your opinion based solely on my concern's of hair loss).

Let me know your thoughts/answers/opinions.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if you want the hairloss to stop, drop the tren.

spiro MIGHT help - it's worth a try if you are really liking the cycle.

the hair will probably not grow back on its own. i've heard that happens for some, but not the vast majority.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think regrowth depends on your propensity for MPB. If you were already prone and the Tren simply exacerbated your genetic condition, then no, it probably will not regrow on it's own.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do have more shedding than normal on TREN and after the shedding goes back to normal for me. Not that is stops. I mean are you shedding to the amount you are having bald spots showing or just shedding more than your usually amount?

Sendo

Awards
I think regrowth depends on your propensity for MPB. If you were already prone and the Tren simply exacerbated your genetic condition, then no, it probably will not regrow on it's own.
I'm really not sure if I'm genetically prone to it. No one on my mother's side of the family has gone bald. My father started going bald in his early to mid 20's. Beyond that I know that my grandfather on his side still had most of his hair when he passed away, and my uncle who is now 60 is just now having his hairline starting to recede.

My shedding occured in the worst place possible, the back. I probably wouldn't have minded so much if it occured in the front.

In anycase I guess I'll stop the cycle and see what happens.

I've read the hair stack/regrowth sticky and I suppose I'll try to do some of the things listed there. My only concern is that I'll have to do this for the rest of my life. I suppose I'll try it and see how much of the hair that grows back stays.

In any case I had some really good results on Tren for the 4 weeks I used it. 7lbs lbm gained and 4% bodyfat dropped. This was a cutting cycle so this results were pretty incredible in my opinion.

I'm itching for more, but unfortunatley I'm a Vain SOB and the hair loss will always deter me from it. Honestly I'll probably be paranoid to even do test now.

One last question for everyone.

If I do future cycles of say just test. Can I prevent any hairloss that may occur with propecia or something similar. Or will hairloss occur immediatley after I get off cycle (this is assuming that hair loss is only occuring due to AAS).

I guess I'll start post cycle today. :(

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
people have noticed that igf-1 improves the hairline. you might want to add that to post cycle therapy.

Sendo

Awards
I suppose I could try that. I'll have to do some research on igf-1 as I don't know alot about how it should be used and what kind of support supp's you need if any at all. It couldn't hurt and I'm sure it would help me hold onto the 7lbs of lbm I gained while on the tren.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I'm really not sure if I'm genetically prone to it. No one on my mother's side of the family has gone bald. My father started going bald in his early to mid 20's. Beyond that I know that my grandfather on his side still had most of his hair when he passed away, and my uncle who is now 60 is just now having his hairline starting to recede.
MPB is a sex-linked trait. It comes from your mothers side (for men).

As odd as it sounds your mother inherits it from her father and you can only inherit it from your mother. So, look at your grandfather if you want a clue as to whether or not you're predisposed to MPB.

Sendo

Awards
MPB is a sex-linked trait. It comes from your mothers side (for men).

As odd as it sounds your mother inherits it from her father and you can only inherit it from your mother. So, look at your grandfather if you want a clue as to whether or not you're predisposed to MPB.
Judging by that I should not be predisposed to MPB. However I can't deny that I've shed a signifigant amount of hair.

I'll probably order a number of hair regrowth supplements and maybe even build one of those laser comb's. I'm a bit paranoid. If I ever do try tren again I will have to include hair support supplements along with my cycle support supplements.

Matter of fact I should do it with any cycle I try now. This whole thing has me a bit paranoid now.

Sendo

Awards
For those interested. I am going to be starting for lack of a better term a hair repair/regrowth cycle. After much research I've decided to go with the following initially:

LLLT Comb
Spiro applied 2x daily
Minoxidil 2x daily
Retin-A 1x nightly

I am unsure if I should go with the 5% minoxidil or 15% minoxidil. Part of me wants to attack it with the strongest thing I can, but another part of me is scared of even more shedding that minoxidil can cause.

I am unsure what else I can throw at it as hair loss from Tren is not occuring from DHT.

Also the shedding I'm seeing doesn't seem to follow the northwood scale. I'm shedding in the top back. I'll try to get some pictures so you guys can judge how bad it is. Also I'm going to be using this as a sort of journal/log to update my results. I'll probably be updating this every week or 2 weeks or longer as this takes a while to see results.

Let me know if you guys think I can attack this from any other angle.

FYI prop's to BigVrunga for this thread. It contains so much information. I was able to grasp a good amount of information from the main post and all the replies that followed it, but honestly I'll probably have to re-read it 3-4 times to be able to take all of it in. I recommend it to everyone concerned about their hair.

-Sendo

Sendo

Awards
Also for those of you who have used spiro and minoxidil.. Should I get the liquid or should I get the lotion. I like the idea of liquid because I can apply it directly to the scalp. Also I have naturally oily hair so I'm afraid the lotion would just make that worse.

My only concern is that I don't know how hard it is to apply the liquid and also how long a 65ml bottle lasts.

If anyone has information on that I'd appreciate it.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Also for those of you who have used spiro and minoxidil.. Should I get the liquid or should I get the lotion. I like the idea of liquid because I can apply it directly to the scalp. Also I have naturally oily hair so I'm afraid the lotion would just make that worse.

My only concern is that I don't know how hard it is to apply the liquid and also how long a 65ml bottle lasts.

If anyone has information on that I'd appreciate it.
spiro + minox is going to stink, unless you wait hours in between applications.

so you are going to continue the tren, or go right into PCT?

i'd skip the minoxidil until you know whether the hairloss is premanent or not. minoxidil is LONG term approach.

Sendo

Awards
spiro + minox is going to stink, unless you wait hours in between applications.

so you are going to continue the tren, or go right into post cycle therapy?

i'd skip the minoxidil until you know whether the hairloss is premanent or not. minoxidil is LONG term approach.
I'm going to go straight into PCT. I don't think it's noticable to anyone else yet but the hairloss is noticable to me. I have confidence that my hair will rethicken and at least some of my hair will grow back, but I'm just concerned at this point.

I thought about it more this morning and I will just go with spiro 2x daily and LLLT for 20 min a day.

I wish I had some before pictures because I don't think it's apparent to other people but it's highly noticable to me. I'll update this thread again when I receive my packages.

Sendo

Awards
I'm going to go straight into post cycle therapy. I don't think it's noticable to anyone else yet but the hairloss is noticable to me. I have confidence that my hair will rethicken and at least some of my hair will grow back, but I'm just concerned at this point.

I thought about it more this morning and I will just go with spiro 2x daily and LLLT for 20 min a day.

I wish I had some before pictures because I don't think it's apparent to other people but it's highly noticable to me. I'll update this thread again when I receive my packages.
Just thought I'd add this.. after my first week on tren I had already added 30lbs onto my max bench. Bench has always been my weak point due to tearing my labrum/rotator cuff and having to have surgery. However I my end max after 4 weeks of tren was 280lbs. Previously it had been just 200lbs. Tren is truely some pretty amazing stuff. I'm hoping to be able to hold onto at least half of the strength gains that I made.

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
Well I've run 3 oral cycles before including M-Trn which is supposed to be a tren derivative. I am prone to MPB & did experience some increased hair thinning/shedding, but after the cycle it returned to normal. I am going to be starting a test prop/tren ace cycle within a few weeks that is going to be 8 weeks long. I was just wondering why Finasteride (a DHT inhibiting substance) would not work with a steroid like tren? You said that the hairloss is not due to DHT while on tren, then what causes it?

Sendo

Awards
Well I've run 3 oral cycles before including M-Trn which is supposed to be a tren derivative. I am prone to MPB & did experience some increased hair thinning/shedding, but after the cycle it returned to normal. I am going to be starting a test prop/tren ace cycle within a few weeks that is going to be 8 weeks long. I was just wondering why Finasteride (a DHT inhibiting substance) would not work with a steroid like tren? You said that the hairloss is not due to DHT while on tren, then what causes it?
Strong unknown androgen pathway that makes it's way to your scalp, but it is not DHT as tren does not convert to DHT. I'm not even sure if that sentence made sense, I've been awake for the past 36 hours. Really you should search inside that thread I posted earlier. Just search for "tren" inside that thread. There are tons of answers to questions you might have regarding hairloss and tren.

In anycase you need something that block's androgens locally. And not just DHT. Currently only spiro and fluidril I believe are the only two things that help against Tren. Make sure you have some spiro on hand prior do doing your cycle and I'm sure you'll be fine.

I realized this too late but the key is to prevent the hair from falling out, not to try to heal it/grow it back after it has already started coming out.

This is my second day off tren and the shedding has already gotten better. My scalp has also stopped itching as well which is a great sign.

If things return to normal then I'll be doing another tren/test cycle around january. I'm going to be cutting naturally until december (fat drops slowly for me).

I was doing 50mg of tren ED with great results and almost no sides at all. All of this while I was calorie deficient. I can't wait to see what kind of strength I would gain when I'm bulking. It'll definitely be a full 6-8 week cycle.

In the mean time How long is tren's shelf life? I still have a little less than half my bottle left and I'd like to use it for my next cycle assuming that my hair goes back to normal.

Or should I just toss it out and make a new batch when the time comes.

Also could someone pm me? I have some personal questions about enan. While I didn't mind pinning everyday (it was painless for the most part) I'd really prefer once a week.

Thanks.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Also could someone pm me? I have some personal questions about enan. While I didn't mind pinning everyday (it was painless for the most part) I'd really prefer once a week.

Thanks.
you have to contribute $$$ to use PMs. it's gay, i know.

tren enan should be shot 2x/week, not once. just like test enan.

Sendo

Awards
you have to contribute $$$ to use PMs. it's gay, i know.

tren enan should be shot 2x/week, not once. just like test enan.
I don't mind paying money. I've gained so much knowledge from this board it's the least I could do to try to contribute back.

That wasn't quite my question and I know it's a no no to post it publicly which is why I wanted PM's. I'll pay for membership and then send you a pm with my question. you don't have to answer it if you don't want to, but I'd at least like to send it out.

Thanks for the reply.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't mind paying money. I've gained so much knowledge from this board it's the least I could do to try to contribute back.

That wasn't quite my question and I know it's a no no to post it publicly which is why I wanted PM's. I'll pay for membership and then send you a pm with my question. you don't have to answer it if you don't want to, but I'd at least like to send it out.

Thanks for the reply.
i have never been on a website where i had to pay to use PMs. i like AM, but that policy is completely gay. i look at ads INSIDE of threads in addition to at the tops of pages, plus there are tons of sponsors plying their trades here (more than any other forums site, besides the open source ones)...and you want us to pay to use PM's? come on.

rant over....but you cant PM non-contributors either, so you'll have to find a paying poster to PM:)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Same Old - Bro if you don't like the policies at AM, there's no rule saying you have to be here....:nono:

If you guys want to chat privately without being paying members, you can always include your MSN/Gmail/AIM/ICQ chat info in your profile.

BV

Sendo

Awards
Still shedding, been off the tren for about a week now. I'm still debating whether I should get 2% spiro or the 5% lotion. I see CEM has a 5% solution but I haven't been able to find reviews of people who have used it.

So if you've either used the CEM product, or can tell me if the 2% solution is enough I'd appreciate it. Also does anyone know if Dr. Lee's (2%) comes in a dabber bottle or how do you apply it?

Thanks.. Laser brush is also on order.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Dr.Lee's 2% spiro comes in a dabber bottle. You can apply by parting your hair and applying the solution directly to your scalp. Then massage in with your fingers.

Based on the past 2 weeks of use, you may want to give Emu oil a try too. Ive read of people using it to combat inflammation of the scalp so i figured id give it a shot...been applying it 1x per day at night before bed. Ive noticed a definite drop in the number of hairs that I loose when applying topicals/shampooing.

Could be coincidence, but you're losing hair and its cheap, so it cant hurt.

BV

Sendo

Awards
Dr.Lee's 2% spiro comes in a dabber bottle. You can apply by parting your hair and applying the solution directly to your scalp. Then massage in with your fingers.

Based on the past 2 weeks of use, you may want to give Emu oil a try too. Ive read of people using it to combat inflammation of the scalp so i figured id give it a shot...been applying it 1x per day at night before bed. Ive noticed a definite drop in the number of hairs that I loose when applying topicals/shampooing.

Could be coincidence, but you're losing hair and its cheap, so it cant hurt.

BV
Definitely worth trying spiro even if my shedding stops. Of worthy note. My shedding is continuing but my hair is obviously thicker.

Do you use the 2% spiro or the 5%? That's the main thing I'm trying to decide between right now.

I'll try the emu oil but I'm concerned about it making my hair look greasy. How do you suggest I apply the emu oil? Twice daily like the spiro?

edit: nevermind you already said how to apply the emu oil. I'm dumb.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
It does make your hair look greasy - I only put it on 1x per day at night.

BV

Sendo

Awards
It does make your hair look greasy - I only put it on 1x per day at night.

BV
Do you prefer 2% solution or the 5% lotion of spiro? Have you ever used CEM's product? 5% solution supposedly.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ive used WWHP's and Dr.Lee's 2% spiro. Dr. Lee's doesnt smell at all while WWHP is a little skunky. Both seemed to be effective.

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards
I just found a bit of irony seing that the add at the bottom of this page is "Scalp Med" I just wanted to see if anyone else noticed that. I was considering taking TRN, but reading this has freaked me out a little bit!

Sendo

Awards
Ok.. everyone will be glad to know that my hair shedding has stopped completely. I've only taken spiro for like 2 days, so I can't say it's because of the spiro. I think it's a combination of the weather getting cooler (I always shed some in the heat).. and the fact that the tren may be all out of my system.

My hair has also already started thickening up. I suspect my hair will all grow back. Thank god.

I am going to get some emu oil along with a few other hair loss supps to go along with my spiro. Then I'm going to give Tren another go. I have to say I really really really liked tren. It was painless and my strength gains were incredible. So far I've kept all my strength gains as well.

Which will brings me to another question I'll ask in another thread.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ive used WWHP's and Dr.Lee's 2% spiro. Dr. Lee's doesnt smell at all while WWHP is a little skunky. Both seemed to be effective.
the WWHCP spiro cream has no discernible smell, in case anyone cares...but i am about 80% sure it goes systemic. plus you have to add water to your palm and add the spiro in and mix it all up to make it even reasonably applicable. otherwise it's like plaster.

lifthardheavy

Awards
damn this thread scared the crap out of me. I wanted to use fina in a cutter next year but I think I will stick w/ var or primo instead.

Sendo

Awards
damn this thread scared the crap out of me. I wanted to use fina in a cutter next year but I think I will stick w/ var or primo instead.
Nah... I'm going to give it another go. Just go in there prepared and you'll be fine. My hair is thickening up and it appears it will grow back out. No one even notices but me.

Just keep a hair cycle stack on hand to run with tren and you'll be fine. Also you might not shed a single hair.

I'm confident if I go in prepare I should be able to stop 99% of all the shedding.

I'm going to give it another go sometime in october with my newly found knowledge

-sendo

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ive never used tren, but like Ive said before 1test - which is also a notorious hair killer - never had a negative effect on my hairline when I ran the full complement of protective supps.

Use moderate doses and take the right precautions and you should be OK. But just be aware that when prone to MPB, there's always that chance you'll get hit no matter what you do.

BV