Advice on my Dr's Physical TOMORROW!! Please Help...

Catch24

Awards
I have a Dr's physical exam tomorrow where I will get my cholesterol and a whole bunch of other panels checked. I am 21 years old. I took Test/eq/anavar in january 06 and stopped in the beggining of may06.... i was done with my pct in the beggining of june...... should my cholesterol by normal by now? what about my natural testosterone or my test/epi ratio or whatever they use to measure... this doctor is extremely thorough (and expensive) so i will probably get most if not all tests done.... i have all my sexual functions back at 100% btw....

Also, should I tell him I juice... I would HATE to keep anything from him, however...this is a tough one........ will it make muhc of a difference if i do not tell him?

What should i expect in terms of results should he not know i did AAS? would any of my tests come back showing that i was unhealthy in any way? What should and should not be normal by now with regard to the tests I will get done....

Thanks a ton to anyone who can offer any advice concerning this matter!

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have a Dr's physical exam tomorrow where I will get my cholesterol and a whole bunch of other panels checked. I am 21 years old. I took Test/eq/anavar in january 06 and stopped in the beggining of may06.... i was done with my post cycle therapy in the beggining of june...... should my cholesterol by normal by now? what about my natural testosterone or my test/epi ratio or whatever they use to measure... this doctor is extremely thorough (and expensive) so i will probably get most if not all tests done.... i have all my sexual functions back at 100% btw....

Also, should I tell him I juice... I would HATE to keep anything from him, however...this is a tough one........ will it make muhc of a difference if i do not tell him?

What should i expect in terms of results should he not know i did anabolic steroids? would any of my tests come back showing that i was unhealthy in any way? What should and should not be normal by now with regard to the tests I will get done....

Thanks a ton to anyone who can offer any advice concerning this matter!

if you finished your pct in june you should be back to normal in regards to cholesterol and testosterone levels. The only way to know if you took EQ or var is to test for their metabolites still floating around in your system. Your doctor wont order this test done, that is steroid testing and not a part of your hormone panel test.

If you tell your doctor you use steroids there is a chance it will get back to your insurance company, only tell your doctor if you are 100% positive he will be ok with it. Most doctors will not be. You really have no reason to tell him unless there is something drastically wrong with your hormone panel. If everything comes back normal, then there is nothing to worry about and no need to let the cat out of the bag.

what was your pct?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Does his PCT time frame seem too short given the relative length of his cycle?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No, 4 weeks of post cycle therapy is more than sufficient for most cycles.
Thanks - I've never exceeded a 4 week cycle. I wasn't sure if a longer cycle = longer post cycle therapy.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would definetely not tell the doc. If test results come back with certain stuff in the trouble area just makes excuses (poor diet, a lot of drinking, etc). You're sort of asking for trouble for coming out and asking him.

My doctor noticed I put on some muscle mass and he told me I should get smaller (in more words). I laughed inside but nodded and smiled on the outside.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I would definetely not tell the doc. If test results come back with certain stuff in the trouble area just makes excuses (poor diet, a lot of drinking, etc). You're sort of asking for trouble for coming out and asking him.

My doctor noticed I put on some muscle mass and he told me I should get smaller (in more words). I laughed inside but nodded and smiled on the outside.
agreed

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know my first instinct when I read that is to have a smart ass comment about not having a clue about any of that and yet you still ingest all those, potentially hazardous chems.

Then i realized that I did the same thing. I really wish we as a whole, spent much more time learning about both the short term and long term effects and how to not only deal with them but minimize them. I might even give it a shot myself.

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
Tell him everything - the relationship shoulkd be one of trust. It will also allow him to address your issues most directly given the history.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
Tell him everything - the relationship shoulkd be one of trust. It will also allow him to address your issues most directly given the history.
Unfortunately you cannot trust your doc with the way things are nowadays.

Considering the way AAS has been demonized lately it would be no stretch of your docs imagination to consider you a threat to yourself and others because you take steroids.

See where I am going with this? This doesn't even touch on the insurance end of it, much less that you most likely get insurance from your job....you'd be surprised how quickly they can find out once the doc starts running his mouth.

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
HIPAA. He can't tell your insurance company. I would tell him guys. Your doctor should know about that sort of thing. Especially if you have something wrong with you. I wouldn't have any fear of telling him, but that's just me. I guess that I can see how it would be a problem for a lot of folks.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
HIPAA. He can't tell your insurance company. I would tell him guys. Your doctor should know about that sort of thing. Especially if you have something wrong with you. I wouldn't have any fear of telling him, but that's just me. I guess that I can see how it would be a problem for a lot of folks.
So you think illegal acts are covered under confidentiality agreements and privacy acts do you?

If you are a perceived threat to yourself, or a threat to others the "rules" go flying out the window bud.

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
Heh, I think that medical records are impossible to get without a court order or government entity behind ya. For your doctor to volunteer that information is an illegal act.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
Uh, he CAN inform your insurance company. This isn't the same as O.J. telling Johnny Cochrane, "Hell yes I killed her!" The privacy provision included in HIPPA requires that protected health information be disseminated to only those in the healthcare system who "need to know". In these cases, the guy (ins. co.) paying the bills HAS a right to know. He CANNOT, however, just leave his dictation of that conversation he had with you in plain sight on the desk in his clinic. (Which in a small town would let everyone know you pin)

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
Heh, I think that medical records are impossible to get without a court order or government entity behind ya. For your doctor to volunteer that information is an illegal act.

You are using the word "volunteer" when the correct term is "report",to the INS company, which in this case would be justified.

If you are thought to be a threat to yourself or others it will happen, thats all there is to it.

Unfortunately I've seen these types of situations where there is supposed to be "privacy" and "confidentiality", it doesn't stand up if society deems you a POS.

That's why the real POS's keep their mouths shut.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
Oh yeah.....the "I" in HIPPA stands for.....drum roll, please......insurance. I'd not go in there bragging about why your lipids might be out of whack.

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
lol I stand humbled. I just went back over the HIPAA Privacy Summary and found the portion pertaining to the insurance provider. I was wrong. Good call. I guess that ya really do learn somethin' new everyday.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
lol I stand humbled. I just went back over the HIPAA Privacy Summary and found the portion pertaining to the insurance provider. I was wrong. Good call. I guess that ya really do learn somethin' new everyday.
CmC,
It's cool. I just was having a bad day. In medical sales I can't count the number of times I have a lazy office worker try to cite "HIPPA" as a reason NOT to help me do my job better.

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
I used to run into problems with HIPAA a lot as a Private Investigator. Sucked. lol

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
well i guess i am the only person who can tell my doc everything and thank god for that. at least he can follow up w/ me a la bloodwork, bp meds, etc. its not hard for them to jot something else down for ins. purposes. and its even easier to become friends w/ your doc. come on guys.

lifthardheavy

Awards
This is why, when I do my on-cycle bloodwork i will pay out of pocket and go to the lab directly. Only I see the results.

Since you finished post cycle therapy long ago, you will be fine. If something is amiss, it's probably not because of the steroids

Striate

Awards
Remember that your Doc will take notes for your file. If you tell him, then it will probably be recorded. The insurance company does not check out your records routinely. But, if you had a major illness (one that would cause them considerable monetary damage), they would surely find it. As well, if you ever wwanted new insurance, life for example, it would come up and your premiums would surely suffer.