prohormones and cancer due to HPTA inhibition

neurotic

Awards
Hello,

just when I thought I was aware of all the androgen and estrogen possible side effects from steroids & prohormones, as well as 17-alfa-alkilation and was ready to assume the possible "dangers", I talked to a bio-chemist that made me afraid: he told me that due to the fact that steroids produce a inhibition of the endogenous testosterone and also testicle shrinkage then that is some sort of temporal disfunction and might lead to testicle cancer or even to hipofisis cancer, and that might even happen in just one cycle of prohormones or steroids.

Is this true?

Jay Mc

Awards
First the hypophysis is the same thing as the pituitary. Hypophysis just refers to its anitomical position bellow the hypothalmus. Temporal dysfunction...maybe temporary? Anyway, some research has shown that increases in certain hormones may cause cancer. It would make sense that increased androgens could cause testicular or prostatic problems. As far as happening after just one use I don't think anyone can really argue for or against that. There just haven't really been any studies to follow people long term after one use.

And for the record not all steroids/pro's cause testicular shrinkage all the time...

The main thing you should be worried about is the effect of these things on cardiovascular health. Steroids can jack your LDL levels up while turning your HDL levels down. Research shows that damage to the arteries such as plaque formation starts when you are young and is compounded and then climaxes in adulthood.

If you don't feel safe using prohormones or steroids then you definately should not use them.

J

neurotic

Awards
First the hypophysis is the same thing as the pituitary. Hypophysis just refers to its anitomical position bellow the hypothalmus. Temporal dysfunction...maybe temporary? Anyway, some research has shown that increases in certain hormones may cause cancer. It would make sense that increased androgens could cause testicular or prostatic problems. As far as happening after just one use I don't think anyone can really argue for or against that. There just haven't really been any studies to follow people long term after one use.

And for the record not all steroids/pro's cause testicular shrinkage all the time...

The main thing you should be worried about is the effect of these things on cardiovascular health. Steroids can jack your LDL levels up while turning your HDL levels down. Research shows that damage to the arteries such as plaque formation starts when you are young and is compounded and then climaxes in adulthood.

If you don't feel safe using prohormones or steroids then you definately should not use them.

J
HDL and LDL don't worry me, I am concerned about prostate problems and cancer mainly, aside from hairloss and gyno, of course.

Jay Mc

Awards
HDL and LDL should. They are a much greater risk and you are much more likely to suffer from them and they are just as deadly (if not more deadly) than cancer. Prostate cancer can be caught early and treated very effectively...an MI in the middle of the night can't.

J

quasar

Awards
Originally posted by Jay Mc
HDL and LDL should. They are a much greater risk and you are much more likely to suffer from them and they are just as deadly (if not more deadly) than cancer. Prostate cancer can be caught early and treated very effectively...an MI in the middle of the night can't.

J
good advice Jay, at least there's bypasses for those MIs...I've known guys that lived through six bypasses and are still ticking!

and neurotic, I don't think the T levels from PHs can approach what a good cycle of test-based steroids can do and has Arnold or Lou died yet? nope