How do you think the pro's cycle... they dont

BOVEY

Awards
Guys,

Please don’t think im trying to be confrontational by this post as I would just like to hear your thoughts…

I am being trained by a former amateur bodybuilder who has been a competitor in a number of shows. Winning a couple and finishing 2nd and 3rd in others.

I did my first cycle about 3 months ago and am in the process of planning my second.

Want to do:-

weeks 1-13
test 500/wk (250mg on mon/thur)
weeks 1-12
deca 400mg/wk (200mg on mon/thur)
weeks 1-4
dbol 35mg ed

I haven’t told him this and he is insisting that I follow a 4 week on 2 week off pattern continuously, using HCG in between mini cycles. He said you continually change the different gear you are using so the receptors don’t get accustomed to one in particular.

I know this goes against everything that this board teaches but I can’t help but think he has been a competitor and won various shows etc so he obviously knows what he is talking about.

Also I believe IFBB pro’s would follow a similar pattern can you seen any of them coming off gear maybe before a show but otherwise they would be on it all year round.

Your thoughts and opinions guys

Thanks

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I know this goes against everything that this board teaches but I can’t help but think he has been a competitor and won various shows etc so he obviously knows what he is talking about.
There's your problem. Might as well assume every skinny/low bf% person knows the secrets to a perfect diet as soon as every huge person/gear user knows the secrets of proper gear use.

Granting hormone use among pros is heavy and yes, nonstop for some, are you a pro body builder or do you have any plans to become one? If not, why even go that route?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, there are varied ways of using gear. Some do have year on use. Whatever works for you and doesn't destroy your insides is cool with me. Just make sure to monitor your vitals like BP and keep regular bloodwork.

BOVEY

Awards
I would like to compete if possible yes hence the reason for bringing up this subject

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have heard similar. I have also heard of alot of people who use one type of compound say test at a lower dose year round and then add in the extras when it gets closer to comp time. There are many different ways to go and only you can decided the best way for you to achieve your goals. The main thing is what jayhawk stated get physicals and tests done on a regular basis if you are good there that is the most important

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I would like to compete if possible yes hence the reason for bringing up this subject
Well then it's certainly possible to use year 'round, and perhaps necessary if you want to compete today. Just be sure like others have said to keep your overall health in mind. That your guy mentioned hCG at least shows he's got some concern for keeping your nuts in order. But yes, extreme prolonged use of gear is not uncommon among pros.

Now of course you could be the pro that says "**** GH gut" and "**** super mass monsters," and go for a more balanced physique like the old pros used to have... Some like me would be rooting for you, and be eternally grateful if you succeeded.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe we will see our types succeed again CDB. I think it may be closer than we think. Hopefully Phil Heath is able to help facilitate this.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
this brings to mind the cycling on pennys thread that was famous for so long, If you do run the 4 week on biz I would suggest that you use the 4 on 4 off, I have been told that the 2 weeks makes a differnces. 4 on 2 off is really no more then being on full time. JMO though.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I believe we will see our types succeed again CDB. I think it may be closer than we think. Hopefully Phil Heath is able to help facilitate this.

Don't forget my favorite Eryk Bui he is also going for the more symetrical non monster look

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Eryk Bui is a strong little sucker eh.

yeah i'm trying to look like him when he competed in the npc at lightweight he's 5ft 4 and i'm 5ft 1in so i'm hoping when i cut down i'll be as thick lol BIG hopefull

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive talked to some of the biggest and best looking guys at my gym about gear cycles...let me tell you, they are the LAST people i would go to to get educated on gear. they know nothing. looks deceive.

size

Awards
  • Established
Shorter cycles does not go against everybody, I for one think they are a better choice. In Europe, many bodybuilders also follow the routine of shorter cycles that are run consistently over the course of a year.

I certianly thing there is something to be said about consistently changing up the patterns and drugs used.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shorter cycles does not go against everybody, I for one think they are a better choice. In Europe, many bodybuilders also follow the routine of shorter cycles that are run consistently over the course of a year.

I certianly thing there is something to be said about consistently changing up the patterns and drugs used.

wondering how you incorporate the longer esthers eq and deca for example into that type of routine.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
wondering how you incorporate the longer esthers eq and deca for example into that type of routine.
You don't. Fast acting esters or base transdermals, or orals, are the stuff of the two on, two off approach. There's no point in trying to cycle a longer ester in this fashion.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You don't. Fast acting esters or base transdermals, or orals, are the stuff of the two on, two off approach. There's no point in trying to cycle a longer ester in this fashion.

thanks for the clarification.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Ya in europe most think testosterone is a nasty drug and use Tren as the base of their cycles, this is only what i've read obviously this isn't EVERY european athlete.