Gyno recurrence post surgery?

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In late 1998, I did an eight week cycle of winny and test (enanth or prop, I can’t recall). It was my first (and only) cycle. I can’t remember what the dosages were and my diet was certainly not what I would consider optimal but I did gain both size and strength and was quite happy with my results.

Unfortunately, I was also extremely naïve about many things, not the least of which was the need for post cycle therapy following a gear cycle. So I went happily on my way with no post cycle therapy whatsoever! Not surprisingly, several months later, I noticed a fair size lump under my left nipple. It wasn’t all that noticeable to anyone looking unless I pointed it out, but over the next several years it did cause me a great deal of stress and discomfort. I finally had it surgically removed in November of 2004.

While I’m not surprised that I got gyno following my irresponsible cycle, I’m a little confused as to why it only developed on one side though. Is this common or does gyno usually rear its ugly head on both sides?

Now that I’ve had the problem surgically corrected, am I more or less likely to get gyno again on that side if I run another cycle? I ask this because I seem to recall someone on this board stating that once you’ve had the corrective surgery, gyno will not recur in the affected breast because the responsible “receptors” have been removed. My surgeon never mentioned anything like this but I thought it might be standard procedure for this type of surgery.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
This is what I know about the subject. Gyno is not supposed to grow back if you have the gland removed. However, there are two types of surgeries ... One is to remove the tissue that has formed, and the other is to remove the actual gland. Which one you had done I do not know. What I do know is that my left side chest has more tissue than my right side chest, which is barely noticable. It can flare up on one side only.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
This is what I know about the subject. Gyno is not supposed to grow back if you have the gland removed. However, there are two types of surgeries ... One is to remove the tissue that has formed, and the other is to remove the actual gland. Which one you had done I do not know. What I do know is that my left side chest has more tissue than my right side chest, which is barely noticable. It can flare up on one side only.
Pubescent gyno runs in my family. My bro always got it on just one side like that. Me..well...I got it on both :D No milke though :sad:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Pubescent gyno runs in my family. My bro always got it on just one side like that. Me..well...I got it on both :D No milke though :sad:

Yeah, my pops had it, and now I do too...one of the reasons I bodybuild

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It is typical even in women to have one breast slightly larger than the other. one side may simply have more receptors than the other.

if you got the gland removed you need not worry about gyno again. If you got the tissue/fat lipsuctioned but the gland itself is still present, you can still get reoccurences.

call your surgeon and ask what he did. if the tissue was a "lump" he probably removed the gland. if it was puffy and soft, liposuction. call to make sure

i assume you have been reading around but if you ran nolvadex (the substance is actually called tamoxifen citrate) at 20mgs each day you were on steroids then you probably wouldnt have to worry about gyno either way.

deca, tren, m1t, and and any other progestin may cause gyno despite tamoxifen use, so stay away from them.

winstrol and masteron are preffered by those with pre-existing gyno as they actually help to control it.