Tapering off a cycle gradually

Delaware Dave

Awards
I'm in my 3rd week of my first cycle: 30mg of Dermocypional TD (topical 1 Test) and 800 mg of 4 AD/day.

I was thinking of tapering off gradually instead of cold turkey. My theory is that the natural test may build back up gradually while tapering off and the estorgens won't build up as much. I still have a bottle of 6 OXO to take when done.

Comments from any more experienced people?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
To me, it depends on the person, and if they feel confident that it's right for them...

On the other hand, I also know that once you are shut down, your body is not producing any test while off, either tapering or cold turkey..

The main reason for goin' cold turkey is because post-cycle products won't kick in when the blood levels are still high of androgens.. Stopping completely, then using the post-cycle therapy is the usual route, or some go right into anciliary use after their last androgen dose..

I usually take off 5 days from my last application of androgens, then start my post-cycle treatment..

Delaware Dave

Awards
Recovery from cycle

I usually take off 5 days from my last application of androgens, then start my post-cycle treatment..

Thanks for your reply. Do you notice your test levels rising during those 5 days at all? I notice I can barely get a hard on while on this ****.

This may well be my first and last cycle. We'll see how long it takes to recover.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
During that last 5 days, I have something on the side to help ensure I got wood control, either Fuzu or horny goat weed... ;)

If I can get wood and keep it for awhile, I'm good.. If it gives me the yo-yo effect (hard, then soft, then hard again) I just wait a couple days, wank-free.. :)

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Don't taper. The rule is the same for all hormones, androgens. Once your shut down, your shut down. A lower dose of 1-test is still exogenous androgens and will keep you shutdown. Stay constant throughout, and then hit the post cycle therapy.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in my 3rd week of my first cycle: 30mg of Dermocypional TD (topical 1 Test) and 800 mg of 4 AD/day.

I was thinking of tapering off gradually instead of cold turkey. My theory is that the natural test may build back up gradually while tapering off and the estorgens won't build up as much. I still have a bottle of 6 OXO to take when done.

Comments from any more experienced people?
Where in DE you from? I'm in Newark right now...

Hal

Awards
Granted, exogenous androgens will keep one shut down because of the feedback loop, but depending on the person, I would think that modest hormone treatment would be an effictive bridge to being totally clean. Were one to titrate their dose of 4AD just right you could mimic your normal levels of test even though you're still shut down from 1-Test and gradually decrease your 4AD dose thus allowing natural test levels to come back up over a week or two. I've never had to test my theory since I've never experienced a real crash. Guess I'm just lucky.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its not just the androgens that suppress you, its the metabolites. Since only 2.5mg of Var can shut you down, tapering seems pointless.

Hal

Awards
Well, the metabolites of 4AD are the same as the metabolites of natural test (assuming here, please correct me if I'm wrong...I guess that there could be some "irregular" metabolites from 4AD). Therefore I would still think that gradual tapering would work. Of course, I've never heard of anyone being able to taper successfully, but I still think it could work.

Delaware Dave

Awards
Bobo,

I'm originally from the Mill Creek area, where Limestone and Milltown roads meet. Haven't lived there in years as I'm in the Coast Guard. Living in Jersey now. You going to the U of D?

I'm 42 and notice I have to put in about 7x the amount of workout time now to achieve the same amount of muscle as when I was twenty. I'm guessing that my T levels have dropped a lot over the years. That's why I decided to give the Prohormones a whirl.

What do you think of that cycle I described on my first post? Should I increase the T levels on the next one and try to find a dermal 4 AD?

I really haven't noticed any results after 4 weeks on this cycle. You think it's too early to tell? I'm trying to gain some bulk.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, the metabolites of 4AD are the same as the metabolites of natural test (assuming here, please correct me if I'm wrong...I guess that there could be some "irregular" metabolites from 4AD). Therefore I would still think that gradual tapering would work. Of course, I've never heard of anyone being able to taper successfully, but I still think it could work.
Yes but your not taking into account several other metabolites that can occur. Suppression works on so many different pathways and usually the half lives of metabolites (namely E2, or 17-methyl E2) are much longer, so tapering doesn't make any sense. Your HPTA can be suppressed with as little as 2.5mg of Var so what do you think a substance that is much more androgenic, anabolic and aromatizes will do? CHeck out SWALES's posts on CEM if you get a chance. He's in the HRT business and can personally attest to suppression issues. Its pretty much the same with tapering and bridges....they just don't work. There are too many pathways to account for not to mention your already suppressed towards the end of a cycle. It would take even less to keep you that way.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bobo,

I'm originally from the Mill Creek area, where Limestone and Milltown roads meet. Haven't lived there in years as I'm in the Coast Guard. Living in Jersey now. You going to the U of D?

I'm 42 and notice I have to put in about 7x the amount of workout time now to achieve the same amount of muscle as when I was twenty. I'm guessing that my T levels have dropped a lot over the years. That's why I decided to give the Prohormones a whirl.

What do you think of that cycle I described on my first post? Should I increase the T levels on the next one and try to find a dermal 4 AD?

I really haven't noticed any results after 4 weeks on this cycle. You think it's too early to tell? I'm trying to gain some bulk.
Bro I know exactly where that is...I went to St. John the Beloved grade school. I grew up in Pike Creek but moved around since then. I'm now back at home and taking advantage of my in-state status and government funding to continue my education. I think I will be a professional student.... ;)

As for you cycle yes increase it and carry it all the way through.Tapering is pointless as you will not start to recover until all exogenous hormones are at a low enough level (and thats damn low). Your dose is low and you can easily find a dermal 4-ad. We sell them right on this site. Chemo makes a wicked version :D

Delaware Dave

Awards
You studying chemistry??? Halfway kidding but you know a lot about these prohormones.

For building bulk how many mg of topical T would you recommend/day?

How about 5 AD? Or better yet what do you take for a cycle when you bulk?

I'd even inject some T but don't know enough about it or where to get it or how serious the legal trouble is if your busted.

Delaware Dave

Awards
Bro from Del.,

What a small world. I lived about a 2 minute walk from St. John and grew up in Sherwood Park II. Pike Creek was mostly all woods when I was growing up. Used to bring my dirt bike up there for all the great trails. There were also a lot of back paved roads up there. That was a nice area but it's way too build up nowadays.