Letro or Dostinex for preventing/curing progestin side effects?

gazdecki

Awards
I was wondering what you would prefer and at what dosages: Either Letro or Dostinex for preventing/curing progestin side effects such as lactating.

I am prone and am considering running another cycle of Superdrol (which I lactated on) but would like to prevent this.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dostinex, letro is an anti-aromatase which is a different animal from a prolactin agonist..

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Dostinex, letro is an anti-aromatase which is a different animal from a prolactin agonist..
Well prolactin antagonist you mean but I know you know what you mean.

Both actually should be used. I have been researching this extensively and although a lot of people will tell you that prolactin levels have nothing to do with progesterone levels they are gravely mistaken. It has been shown in studies that prolactin and progesterone levels are correlated and reudction in it can reduce the other.

Progesterone cannot cause gyno without estrogen and therefore on a tren cycle or any other nandrolone for that matter it is probably best to go with low dose letro ED or EOD + 250mcg of cabergoline twice weekly.

PS- that steyr aug you have in your avy is nuts bigpete!

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Letro also can lower progesterone receptors......

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
so the general observation would be to take both?? :)

Mess

Awards
  • Established
Progesterone cannot cause gyno without estrogen and therefore on a tren cycle or any other nandrolone for that matter it is probably best to go with low dose letro ED or EOD + 250mcg of cabergoline twice weekly.
would proviron and dostinex do the same ?? dont mean to high jack the thread :)

Cheers

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
would proviron and dostinex do the same ?? dont mean to high jack the thread :)

Cheers
Didn't know if you knew but dostinex is cabergoline. The way you said it I wasn't sure so I am not insulting your intelligence just making sure we were on the same page with that.

As for the proviron, I can't say for sure as I have never used it. It would appear that it would be a decent route to go since it is anabolic on its own and shows anti-estrogen properties, however, it does so because it has a higher affinity for the aromatase enzyme than does testosterone and therefore outcompetes it. However, since I have never used it I cannot tell you how much it blocks estrogen, etc. In theory, yes, it would work just fine but in practice it might depend on dosage.

gazdecki

Awards
So lets say I have letro and dostinex, and I am still lactating after PCT, at what doses should I use the two? I also have a small lump...

gazdecki

Awards
So lets say I have letro and dostinex, and I am still lactating after post cycle therapy, at what doses should I use the two? I also have a small lump...
Bump... any input would be greatly appreciated.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So lets say I have letro and dostinex, and I am still lactating after post cycle therapy, at what doses should I use the two? I also have a small lump...
You'll need a SERM for the lump, AI for stopping estrogen formulation, dostinex for prolactin issues..

Too much of either will give you more problems than you started with..

NevrEnuf

Awards
  • Established
You'll need a SERM for the lump, AI for stopping estrogen formulation, dostinex for prolactin issues..

Too much of either will give you more problems than you started with..
i swear i read on here someone if your taking an AI you shouldn't be taking a serm? I'm not sayin ur wrong at all by any means jus tryin to get info and get rid of a little lump

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
If you are still lactating after PCT I would bump the dosage of cabergoline to something like 500mcg twice weekly until it stops. Cabergoline is pretty strong so you shouldn't have any problems at those dosages. If you try and use an AI such as letro be prepared for a little shutdown, they are actually suppressive but you should be able to get rid of the lump pretty quickly.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i swear i read on here someone if your taking an AI you shouldn't be taking a serm? I'm not sayin ur wrong at all by any means jus tryin to get info and get rid of a little lump
My favorite post cycle therapy is clomid and letro, bloodwork shows otherwise on the no AI with a SERM idea.. ;)

The AI should be tapered off a week before the SERM is, maybe sooner in some cases..

Anti Aromatase stops test from converting to estrogen (aromatase activity) while a Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator binds to estrogen receptors in an effort to block estrogen from activating the receptor..

If you can't take an AI with a SERM, many of you using ATD with tamoxifen are wrong, yet that seems to be the norm with PCT after superdrol and Phera cycles..

gazdecki

Awards
If you are still lactating after post cycle therapy I would bump the dosage of cabergoline to something like 500mcg twice weekly until it stops. Cabergoline is pretty strong so you shouldn't have any problems at those dosages. If you try and use an AI such as letro be prepared for a little shutdown, they are actually suppressive but you should be able to get rid of the lump pretty quickly.
Alright, I have letro, at what doses should I use it and should I take Nolvadex afterwards?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Alright, I have letro, at what doses should I use it and should I take Nolvadex afterwards?
I am not too sure about dosages mainly because I have never attempted to fix gyno before but possibly something like 1mg per day or something similar until it is gone. I am telling you though you are going to feel like crap, libido down the drain, achey joints, and your skin wont be as nice either (aka acne). I remember mercedesdd posted something that he got from another board on fixing gyno and I am not sure its effectiveness but try searching for that if you want to give it a shot. Everyone seems to do their own thing when attempting to fix gyno.

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Here is a study showing that SERM can reduce the effects of certin AI's .. this is not set in stone as I have also found studies saying it does not ..

This only applies to 3rd generation AI's, Letro, Arimidex and L-Dex.

Interactions of antioestrogens and aromatase inhibitors.

Schmid P, Possinger K

Department of Oncology and Hematology, Charite Campus Mitte, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany.

Aromatase inhibitors and antioestrogens have shown substantial activity in primary and advanced breast cancer. Since they exhibit different modes of action, attempts have been made to combine them or to use them sequentially in order to potentially increase their efficacy. In preclinical studies, combined, sequential or alternating treatments with aromatase inhibitors and antioestrogens have failed to provide higher antitumoural activity. There are relevant pharmacokinetic interactions resulting in decreased plasma concentrations of third generation aromatase inhibitors when combined with tamoxifen. Several randomised clinical trials comparing single agent and combined treatment with tamoxifen and aminoglutethimide failed to show any benefit for the combination. Early results of the adjuvant ATAC trial indicate that single agent anastrozole is superior to tamoxifen or the combination of both. Several trials are ongoing which might help to further define the role of sequential or combined treatment with aromatase inhibitors and antioestrogens. However, to date, looking at the current evidence, combined treatment with aromatase inhibitors and antioestrogens does not appear to provide additional benefit compared to single agent treatment.