I have technical injection questions

Landmonster

Awards
I am on week #3 of my 1st cycle. So far, I am up like 12lbs. :bow28:

Anway, I think I have possibly either been using, or wasting!, too much oil!

I may also be doing something unsanitary, which if I am, I want to stop it right away!

Hopefull I am not, but I am just paranoid about this stuff. Here's what I've been doing... please correct me if I made any errors!

----------------------------------------
Shower, wash hands 1st.

1) I wipe off top of rubber bottle stopper with a cotton ball dipped in alcohol. Then I throw away the cotton ball.

2) Pull 1.5cc of air into the syringe, inject syringe into the bottle upside down, and slowly press 1.5cc into the oil in order to create a vaccum.

3) (heres where I might've messed up)
I try to withdraw 1.5cc of oil into the syringe. Sometimes it's hard to estimate how much oil I have pulled, because when I withdraw plunger, oil only slowly fills the syringe and a bit of air comes along with it. This air leaves a small gap of air at the top of the syringe where the needle is.

4) So I withdraw the needle, typically with the plunger pulled back to 2cc total, with approximately 1.5cc fluid in the syringe, and 0.5 cc of air trapped at the top.

5) At this point, I swap out the needle to a fresh one from a wrapper, and push the plunger in some to remove the air.... to where approximately 1.5cc of fluid is left in the syringe, and a bit of oil is running down the new needle.

6) I set the syringe down on a clean kleenex, trying not to touch needle to anything.

7) I swab my injection site with new cotton ball soaked in alcohol, about 4-5" wide circular area. Then let site dry for a few seconds.

8) I then inject slowly, wipe site again.

Then I put on a clean pair of shorts over site.

Done.
Is anything here WAY off base?

A final question is.....
sometimes I pull slightly too much oil (more than 1.5cc) into the syringe. Is it EVER ok to inject that excess oil back into the vial? and is it ever ok to inject that bit of air trapped in the syringe back into the vial?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I have a good deal of experience having grown up on a farm and giving animals their injections.

3) (heres where I might've messed up)
I try to withdraw 1.5cc of oil into the syringe. Sometimes it's hard to estimate how much oil I have pulled, because when I withdraw plunger, oil only slowly fills the syringe and a bit of air comes along with it. This air leaves a small gap of air at the top of the syringe where the needle is.

After you have pulled the oil into the syringe, you should be holding the vial upside down with the plunger pointing towards the floor, you wait til the majority of bubbles are up by the needle, lightly flicking the syringe can speed this process up. You then push out the extra air INTO the vial.

4) So I withdraw the needle, typically with the plunger pulled back to 2cc total, with approximately 1.5cc fluid in the syringe, and 0.5 cc of air trapped at the top.No comment needed

5) At this point, I swap out the needle to a fresh one from a wrapper, and push the plunger in some to remove the air.... to where approximately 1.5cc of fluid is left in the syringe, and a bit of oil is running down the new needle.You don't have air in the syringe so no need to do this.

So you just recap the draw needle and then swap the new one on leaving the protective cap on it.

6) I set the syringe down on a clean kleenex, trying not to touch needle to anything. BTW I really hope you mean you have RECAPPED the new needle and you are NOT laying an uncapped syringe down.

7) I swab my injection site with new cotton ball soaked in alcohol, about 4-5" wide circular area. Then let site dry for a few seconds. No circular motions, you are just making a bacteria soup. You swab in ONE direction and use some pressure. The 'scraping' takes off quite a bit of the bacteria itself. No need to let it dry. IMO you should wipe 15 times should be plenty.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
exactly... push the rest of the air into the vial... if you are using one vial, and not mixing oils, this is easier than pie.

If you are using different vials/compounds, you can still do this, but with more care.

You don't need 0.5cc of air in your syringe.. lol.. and it's still perfectly sterile to push some back into the vial from the syringe..

Landmonster

Awards
Ok, thanks guys.

Well, Im gaining mass, and I havent had really any soreness to speak of from my injections.

Ive done 6 shots.... they have not turned red, or painful, or any bruising... so at least I havent effed myself up yet.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
good, keep up with the practice of sterility and you should be fine. The rest of the stuff is common sense.

size

Awards
  • Established
Never lay the needle down on anything. Trying not to let it touch is not good enough.

tattoopierced1

what crowler said, and to add to it, if you lay the needle down, make sure to put it back in the sheath or you shouldnt lay it down at all...who knows what might get on the needle, and then be introduced into your body... Out of all you typed, that is the most unsanitary thing that I saw.