Nolva on Pheraplex Cycle

bigSMokey

bigSMokey

Awards
Since PP is considered a somewhat wet roid, I've heard speculation that there is either some aromatization, or at least estrogen receptor interaction of the intact molecule, similar to anadrol. So while on cycle, I was considering keeping some early signs of gyno in check w/ nolva.

But, I've witnessed firsthand, progestin/prolactin gyno from PP. So, in this case would nolva aggrivate gyno the same way it does with the progestins tren and deca? Post cycle, nolva worked OK with PP, and I've seen it widely recommended in post cycle therapy. But would an AI be better on cycle?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I too have seen prolactin issues associated with PP use. Other than that observation, I don't have anything useful to add. :)

bigSMokey

bigSMokey

Awards
The only thing I can add at this point is that I have been running prescribed cabergoline (dostinex) ~0.5mg/ E4D to cut off the prolactin side of the issue.

So, I'm thinking, some minor estrogen suppression may help here, I just don't want to add nolva, make things worse and then have to stop the cycle...or at least have to bump up the cabergoline dose too high. If you take too much cabergoline, it can cause severe headaches at the end of your rep range (the only way I could describe them is intense "vice-grip" headaches). And while the long half-life of cab is good in some ways, if you f-up the dosage, guess what, no decent intensity workouts for about a week.

An interesting note is that headaches are tied with nausea as the #1 side effect for cab in double-blind studies (in the mid-40% adverse effect incidence range!). That's twice the rate of bromo (but bromo causes more nausea and an overall higher incidence of sides).

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Bump: Nolvadex Not Good for Pheraplex PCT?

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Bump: Nolvadex Not Good for Pheraplex post cycle therapy?
Worked fine for me. Phera-Plex really wasn't all that wet for me, I mostly got the strength gains. Granted, I was eating at or around maintenance, so for me that seems pretty good. I did a 3 week PCT with Nolva, and everything seems to be fine. I don't have any bloodwork to back that up, so this is strictly anecdotal on my part. Just my $0.02.