heat and supps?

millerman

Awards
well, i keep a lot of my supps in the car because i work a lot(its easy to just run out and grab a few pills). but i have a black car with black interior, and it gets HOT inside now that summer is here.

do you guys think that the heat could affect things like pheraplex, nolva, or even fish oil, milk thistle, etc.?

what do you guys think?

thanks in advance

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
well, i keep a lot of my supps in the car because i work a lot(its easy to just run out and grab a few pills). but i have a black car with black interior, and it gets HOT inside now that summer is here.

do you guys think that the heat could affect things like pheraplex, nolva, or even fish oil, milk thistle, etc.?

what do you guys think?

thanks in advance
Yes. Some things are going to be more stable than others but most of the bottle labels even warn to keep them away from extreme heat.

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to AMINDS.. Heat can affect things.. Try to keep as cool as posssible.. Most supps have a recomended temp they should stay inbetween you can look on your bottles and see. I live in FL so it would not be a great choice for me LOL..

millerman

Awards
thanks guys, but there is something i have to get off my chest...

thanks god i found this forum.

i used to lurk at bb.com, but those guys were complete D**KS!

i found the ppl here at AM to be very helpful and supportive, and i only ask a question when i can't find an answer with the search. i was always afraid to post at bb.com because i was sure i would get flamed. but here, i think i have found a nice home...

thanks for all your help guys

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established

i found the ppl here at AM to be very helpful and supportive, and i only ask a question when i can't find an answer with the search. i was always afraid to post at bb.com because i was sure i would get flamed. but here, i think i have found a nice home...

No prob !! Glad to hear you feel comfortable here thats what the members and mods of this board are all about.. Feel free to ask away man lots of knowledgeable helpful people here.. Just make sure you read the rules so you have a great stay ...

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
I put my supplements in a backpack and bring them inside at my work, that way they don't suffer damage from the heat.

mnickerson

mnickerson

Board Supporter
Awards

I feel the exact same way. Great bunch of peeps here at AM not to mention the massive amounts of information available by using the search function. I haven't had to ask a single question and I have been a member for months! Best of all it's free but I do encourage people to donate...it's not cheap running a site of this magnitude.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't recommend it.

I left a bottle of Amp (when it first came out) in my car last summer. Bad move. The caps were baked hard as a brick and the cap themselves started to peel off.

sock

Awards
Heat is one of the worst things for pharmaceuticals. Degradates can form in as little as two weeks. Who knows if these manufacturer's even stress these compounds. They may, but I don't know. Prescription drugs are all stressed and the data generated is the basis for their expiry. I would hope the expiry's on these OTC's are based on stress studies. It would be nice to have a supp company weigh in on it. Having said all that, always store in a cool dry place. Long term storage - vacumn seal and throw in the freezer.