Newbies please read this!!

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Hi all, I am sure this has been mentioned many times but there are alot of new members asking for cycle advise ... So I wanted to just remind them to first

1. start by reading the rules of the board.. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolicminds-announcements/46278-new-rules.html#post540485
2.Always do a search before posting a question as most of the time what you ask has been answered before..
3. when asking for cycle advise always add your stats( age, weight , height and BF%) and prior cycle history. this way other members can be able to help you better..

Well thats about it just wanted to go over the basics.. Oh and yes you can drink winny( haha)..

WELCOME TO AMINDS AND ENJOY YOUR STAY!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all the great mods and members on here that make this board awsome!!!!!

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Well it is a good post (great actually) but experience tells me that the people that need to read it probably won't read it even as a sticky. But for what it’s worth here is my two cents:

HOW TO SEARCH.

Ok vBulletin search engine sucks, sorry it does. So for our purposes here lets skip to a search engine that really works, Google. Google has a site search function that for some reason people often over looked. The format for this is simple

“site” colon “website domain name” “search terms here”

Example site:anabolicminds.com first cycle

The above search yielded 980 pages. To reduce the number of hits we need to add another term, say “TRN”. Now we have 145 pages. If that is too many add the words “dosage”. Now we are down to 64 pages. You should get the idea here. The final search term should look like this

site:anabolicminds.com first cycle TRN dosage

You can also go to the advanced page (Google Advanced Search) and do this the long way.

This is a copy of the Google cheat sheet. Use it as it will save you a lot of time. Searching for some study that you don’t know the headings for? (a lot of studies we look at are based on the drug we are interested in where the studies are usually disease oriented).This is how you do it.

Edit can't get this to paste. go here Google Help : Cheat Sheet

here is an edited version

OPERATOR EXAMPLE FINDS PAGES CONTAINING...

What you type and what it means

Default is the AND operator vacation hawaii (the words vacation and Hawaii)

The OR Maui OR Hawaii (either the word Maui or the word Hawaii)

Quotes "To each his own" (the exact phrase)

The NOT operator is the minus sign virus computer (the word virus but NOT the word computer)

+ means must have Star Wars Episode +I (This movie title, including the roman numeral I)

~ anything in this category ~auto loan (loan info for both the word auto and its synonyms: truck, car, etc.)

dictionary define:computer (definitions of the word computer from around the Web.)

ADVANCED OPERATORS MEANING WHAT TO TYPE INTO SEARCH BOX (& DESCRIPTION OF RESULTS)

site: Search only one website admission site:Stanford University (Search Stanford Univ. site for admissions info.)

[#]…[#] Search within a range of numbers DVD player $100..150(Search for DVD players between $100 and $150)

date: Search only a range of months Olympics date: 3 (Search for Olympics references within past 3, 6, 12-month)

safesearch: Exclude adult-content safesearch: sex education(Search for sex ed material without returning adult sites)

link: linked pages link:Stanford University (Find pages that link to the Stanford University website.)

info: Info about a page info:Stanford University (Find information about the Stanford University website.)

related: Related pages related:Stanford University (Find websites related to the Stanford University website.)

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Gonna keep this bumped for awhile so people see it.. Hope you guys dont mind!!!!

anatolian

Awards
I do search before I ask a question but always seem to get 10 pages of mixed topics. I think some of this is not nowing what to type to single out my question. I will browse through 5 or 6 pages to find 1 or 2 topics close to what I am interested in, I just do not always get a definitive answer. Again I think most of it is me just don't understand the search function yet.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great posts. Especially you Skye, too often you here "I searched, but couldn't find anything". Unfortunately I highly doubt anybody besides those that already know what is going on will read and/or appreciate this. Nonetheless, great thought and effort

jecko29

jecko29

Awards
  • Established
Damn fine post Skye, I usually just type in one keyword and read through a whole bunch of threads to find my information that I want :D I'll be using this method now

jecko

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Ok vBulletin search engine sucks, sorry it does. So for our purposes here lets skip to a search engine that really works, Google. Google has a site search function that for some reason people often over looked. The format for this is simple
:goodpost:

Thank you so much Skye, although your post made me feel stupid. I use both Google and the search function on this site all the time and I didn't even realize you could search individual sites with Google. Now I can search for 3 letter words!!! :type:

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Nice post Skye, reps for the help. I never knew some of those, thanks for the help.

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Want to bump this again after the whole ordeal with the trusted sources thread LOL.. I hope maybe if we keep this bumped for a little bit and the new members ( or people that have not posted yet) read the rules maybe we can avoid this kinda crap .. I dunno but may be worth a try!!!

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
There are still some newbies posting without reading the rules so wanted to bump this again and maybe they will listen!!!! LOL

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Want to bump this again since new members are asking alot of questions without posting stats and cycle history!!!