TST/TRN/Superdrol final review

DaveB

Awards
Hey guys,

Thought I would let everyone know how my cycle of TST/TRN/Superdrol has worked out. I have chosen to do it this final review opposed to log for several factors. I often find myself trawling through logs to find the final summary, and due to time constraints with current working schedule.

So here it goes

Experience/Previous cycles

Lifting 3/4 years intelligently and having good nutrition knowledge. This has been gained through sports training (rugby). Last year really got diet nailed, as I am kind of obsessed with the field now

1 superdrol 3 week Bulk 10mg
Low dose M1T cut

Details of cycle

TST - 2 caps - one morning, one pre w/o (evening)
TRN - 2 caps - one morning, one pre w/o (evening)
Superdrol - 1 cap (10 mg) pre w/o

This has been done for 45 days

Support supps (All front loaded)

NOW ADAMS Multivitamin
NOW Super Antioxidants
NOW Super Enzymes
Milk Thistle
RYR w/CoQ10
Hawthorne Berries
Saw Palmetto
Sesamin

Diet - Semi clean bulk (~5000kcals), mainly meat/fish, low GI good carbs. Following J.Berardi Precision nutrition, so cannot go to much detail.

Training - Before cycle 5x5 superset OVT, during cycle switched to Max-OT

post cycle therapy (to begin tomorrow)

wk1: Nolva 60mg/d,RXT 25mg/d,DHEA 200mg/d,Retain 75mg/d,Fenugreek 3,PowerFULL
wk2: Nolva 40mg/d,RXT 50mg/d,DHEA 200mg/d,Retain 50mg/d,Fenugreek 4,PowerFULL
wk3: Nolva 40mg/d,RXT 75mg/d,DHEA 100mg/d,Retain 25mg/d,Fenugreek 5,PowerFULL
wk4: Nolva 20mg/d,RXT 75mg/d,DHEA 100mg/d,Fenugreek 6, PowerFULL

(still weighing up pros and cons of having the ATD in there).

Results

Weight (before) - 206lb (14st 9lb)
Weight (today) - 231lb (16st 7lb) +25lb (!!!!)

Pros

Sorry I lost my digital camera on hols prior to the cycle so no before pictures were taken (I may post after but no reference). But take my word for it the results are not quite Muscletech ads but impressive none the less. At my gym numerous people have commented on my progress and accusations has been flying about my taking vitamin 'S', to which I vehemently deny (realise that I am, but cannot deal with the judgement of small minded gym instructors)

Body fat has increased but within tolerable limits, estimated 3% rise. Although this is largely speculative since I seem to be holding a hell of a lot of water (hence the large weight gain). Another reason for the large gain is muscle memory I believe, prior to this cycle I was in Mexico living the good life for 2 weeks with little/no training and less than perfect diet. My usual weight prior to this is 217lb.

Cons/Sides

Very few and far between, listed below are minor

Blood pressure even with support supps has been noticeably raised (getting it checked in a couple of days). Sides manifested in Dizziness after large compound movements and occasional random nose bleeds (quite common place for me anyway).

Back pumps, on dead lift day these were apparent, although tolerable, did not need electrolytes.

Pump - this is from the combination of the creatine (Omega Thunder) as well, duration was increased hours after workout. I am not a big believer in the 'feel the pump' ethos of training, and believe it is way over rated.

Wardrobe - Need to buy new clothes (pro and con??), my old fitted shirt are now hulkesque (word??) and my usual problem of finding jeans, since thigh width is disproportionate to waist is even worse now.

Libido has been up and down, still always awake excited. Being single and working 12-14 hours 7 days a week libido is not much of a concern and maybe a drop would be advantageous with my current work life :)

Prostate - As other loggers has mentioned my prostate seems to have played up a little. With occasional dribbles, would like to see CNW carry panty liners for men.

Aches and Pains - My muscle gains has happened so fast that my poor joints and tendons have been able to grow as fast. This has resulted in a few aches and pains, looking into cissus to combat these as the heal and grow

Shrinkage/Suppression - Slight shrinkage but nothing sever, do not feel suppressed (in truth I do not know what this would feel like, guess it like being in love, you don’t know until your there :) I have however had itchy/sensitive nipples in the last week but no biggy since the post cycle therapy should knock it off soon enough

General - Although mass has increased greatly, and my strength has increased significantly, but disproportionate with my mass. Whether this is due to training or diet I may never know. Also with running three compounds it is impossible to differentiate what did what.

Conclusion

I have been greatly impressed with this cycle for the apparent lack of major sides and gains.

Felt good the whole cycle

Loved the MAX-OT, only spending 40 mins in the gym takes some getting used to but the increased focus gained is great.

John Berardi's precision nutrition is a good read and very concise, would also recommend, although nothing revolutionary. Really enjoy his emphasis on well-being and health.

What the future holds

Plan to complete post cycle therapy, eating slightly above maintenance to try and keep gains. After this I will begin to bring my calories down and cut down.

Short term goal (3 months) - <8% @ 210 (or as high as possible), try to keep gains and dry out, with a heavy emphasis health and fitness (fitness is at a low at the moment). After what I have subjected my body too think it’s only fair

I have a cut plan (after post cycle therapy) which I am finalising which will include some of the following

Burn3D
Heat
AMP/stimX
LX
GXR
Lean Support
Sesamin
Camp
C2
Dicana

Long term goal (12 months) - maintain low 8% @ 231

I have a stockpile of 1st Gen Pro-hormones (1AD, 4AD (trans and tab), mag10, S1+ (1test+4AD)) which I may use in the distant future. But planning to take a while off before thinking of this.

Any questions welcomed and encouraged, although I have not posted much in the past I hope to contribute more in the future.

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Now that is the way to do a log. Hats off to you.
Post up bloodwork if you get any post cycle.
The blood pressure thing would bother me a little more
Twinlabs blood pressure control(CNW has the raw C-12)
Potassium and low sodium for blood pressure.

What was your body part split on MAX-OT? Some examples of strength gained on this cycle.
I would give you some rep points but I don't know what the hell happened to that feature.

DaveB

Awards
Cheers for the positive response.

I will certainly try and get some bloodwork done, I take part in medical trials and these are part of it so I get a copy next time.

Blood pressure wise, most of the time I did not feel it. All my life I have had random nosebleeds so just got used to them and I had maybe three in the cycle. Will definately look into the twin labs product, since as I mentioned getting healthy is a priority.

As for my workout, if you go to the Max-ot site, once registered (its free). On the left column select more workouts and I closely followed 'Workout 1', detailed below. I am changing the exercises this week to one of the other workouts, haven't chosen yet.

Monday - Chest & Triceps
Chest:

1. Flat Bench….3 sets 4-6 reps (After warm-up)
2. Incline Dumbbell Press….2 sets 4-6 reps
3. Weighted Dips....1 set 4-6 reps
Triceps:
1. Lying Tricep Extensions….3 sets 4-6 reps
2. Cable Pushdowns….2 set 4-6 reps

Tuesday - Legs
Legs:

1. Squats….3 sets 4-6 reps (After warm-up)
2. Leg Press….2 sets 4-6 reps
3. Lunges….1 set 4-6 reps
4. Stiff Leg Deadlifts….2 sets 4-6 reps

Wednesday - Back & Biceps
Back:

1. Pull-ups….50 reps (How every many sets to complete)
(I personally changed this to weighted chins following Max-ot guidelines)
2. Barbell Rows….2 sets 4-6 reps
3. Pull-downs (To the front)….1 set 4-6 reps
4. Seated Cable Rows….1 set 4-6 reps
5. "V"-Bar Pull-downs….1 set 4-6 reps
Biceps:
1.Straight Bar Curls….2 sets 4-6 reps (After warm-up)
2.Standing Dumbbell Curls….2 sets 4-6 reps

Thursday -Shoulders & Traps
Shoulders:

1. Seated Dumbbell Press....3 sets 4-6 reps (After warm-up)
2. Side Lateral Dumbbell Raises....3 sets 4-6 reps
3. Rear Lateral Dumbbell Raises....2 sets 4-6 reps
Traps:
1. Barbell Shrugs….2 sets 4-6 reps (After weight acclimation)

Friday - Abs, Calves, & Forearms
Abs:

1. Cable Crunches….2 sets 8-12 reps (After warm-up)
2. Weighted Leg Raises….2 sets 8-12 reps
3. Weighted Crunches….2 sets 8-12 reps
Calves:
1. Standing Calf Raises (Off Smith Machine)….2 sets (After warm-up)
2. Seated Calf Raises….2 sets 4-6 reps
Forearms:
1.Barbell Wrist Curls….2 sets 6-8 reps (After weight acclimation)
2. Reverse Wrist Curls….2 sets 6-8 reps

Saturday & Sunday - Off

Highly recommend this workout, as previously stated it takes some getting used to since you’re in and out of the gym.

My bench went up 15kg (110kg -> 125kg) and my squat went up 20kg (130kg -> 150kg). Just hope I can now maintain these and hopefully build on in the near future. Should have added I really want to get to 140kg Bench, something psychology about having 3x20kg either side.

Popa Murph

Awards
Nice log, and I like your split as well. I followed one almost exactly like it when I was an Undergrad.:dl:

DaveB

Awards
Cheers Popa Murph and Skye, feels strange being in the green. The workout was a real change, since prior to it I was doing Optimised Volume Training. Although I liked it, is tough to do in a busy gym due to the supersets, and I felt the volume was a little high e.g. on chest and back day I was doing 40 sets (20 of which were heavy). That being said the radical change up of the workout may have contributed to some of the gains.

Forgot to add to the initial post that if I were to repeat the cycle I would go for a little of a taper up. Since my gains were largely in week 2, and few in week 4. Thinking my hormones may adjusted to the exogenous compounds, tapering up may have continued gains a little more.

Anyone got any thoughts on using a diuretic in PCT since i am holding a lot of water, or is it best to let it drop off naturally whilst carry on drinking over a gallon a day?

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Diuretics can be dangerous. Its safter to just use some armidex or letrozole. Maybe even Rebound XT will work, but it seems the trend now is to not use ATD in PCT for Superdrol.

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Celery seed extract and dandelion root are natural diuretics.
Check out the contest forum for some more info. Celery seed is commonly used for BP by the way.

I found the rep button for you.
I saw skip lacurs site on max-ot.
I think he dieted for some 27 weeks hardcore in prep for Team universe.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
NICE LOG. the most interesting parts, for me, were the water retention and the gyno appearance. both suggest that there was a fair amount of test/estrogen in your body during the cycle....something you dont see much of with superdrol-only cycles (SD/4-ad cycles are a different story)...makes me more curious about methoxy-TST...i sure wish you hadnt used the superdrol; i suspect it caused virtually ALL of your negative sides, but obviously contributed alot to the gains as well.

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
Nice job Bro!

Those are some great gains. Looking forward to pics if you decide to take them. I'm going to run a Tst/trn/Trans-4AD in the future. I have Legal Gears 4-AD. Do you happen to know the shelf life for Transdermal. Again nice job- Later:bb3: Rep rep rep 2 U

DaveB

Awards
Just a quick update:

Since starting my PCT, a lot of the excess water has gone (around 4lbs), feeling much leaner. After reading many logs/discussions and recommendations I dropped the RXT and the DHEA from PCT, since superdrol was included in my cycle. I mentioned I had itchy/sensitive nipple in the final week, this has now halted. My strength is a tad down, most probably the psychology of being 'off'.

I have kept the diet above maintenance, very clean and getting >10 fruits and veggies a day. One thing to note is the libido (aka random embarressing erections) is way up. The powerFULL and fenugreek are to thank for this.

Miss the old stack but PCT is going well. Thinking of throwing Jungle warfare into the mix, but going to stick to the plan for the time being.

p.s. my rats have complained about the taste of nolva

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
making sure i am reading this right so you ran all 3 for 45 days correct? BTW i like your work-out routine I am going to try something similar on my upcoming bulk. how much weight did you add overall to your bench squats etc. Thanks for the good log

DaveB

Awards
I did not make it clear in the log but initially it was going to only be a TST/TRN log. 1 week into the cycle the temptation of having a half-full bottle of the original DS superdrol became too great and I decided to throw a 10mg/ED in, since I love the product.

I wish I could take at least some credit for the w/o but it was just a cut and paste job from the AST site. Once again I really did enjoy the workout, the short time in the gym left me time to eat more and persue other interests.

My bench went up 15kg (110kg -> 125kg) and my squat went up 20kg (130kg -> 150kg). I always believe strength increases like these can partly attributed to your mindset. I.e.

I am on anabolics -> I should be stronger -> I will try a higher weight (with more belief and expectation) -> you lift said weight

I believe the above is also true (in a negative sense) during PCT. It should be also noted for my size and weight I am weaker than one would expect, this has always been the case (but I am working on it). I will give it two weeks and post pics so you can judge

Sea223 - I am unsure as to shelf life of transdermals, I will look into this for you. SInce I have some Dermabolics S1+, and 4derm from back in the day I bought when I could not even buy a beer in the US. I have kept mine in a cool cupbard with no exposure of light.

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
Sea223 - I am unsure as to shelf life of transdermals, I will look into this for you. SInce I have some Dermabolics S1+, and 4derm from back in the day I bought when I could not even buy a beer in the US. I have kept mine in a cool cupbard with no exposure of light.
Thanks- I know mine has kinda clumped at the bottom- if I shake it, it should be fine as I only bought it last spring. Thanks again- I will be starting my cycle in 6 days.

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I found this a bit late, but nice log, short sweet and to the point. How is PCT going for you? Did you ever get by around to taking any pics?

DaveB

Awards
Hey swole,

post cycle therapy was a breeze, apart from putting up with the nolva taste. I had lost a lot of the bloat I spoke of and dried but since being on Burn3D I am holding a little water once more. Was a little saddening seeing the scale plummet for a few days but was always anticipated and planned for.

My weight settled down at 16stone (224lbs) after PCT (which I modified to exclude the Rebound XT). As planned, calories during PCT we slightly above maintenance, and all very clean. As for pictures I have not taken any, and now I am kind of flat (blame sesathin) and holding water (blame Burn3D) I am hesitant to (especially with guys like swole/lakemountain’s aviators mocking me ). Instead I have some precycle holiday snaps (Cancun 06), and will present some post cut as more of a transformation (hopefully worthy of a Muscletech ad).

I am now in a cutting phase with Burn3D/Sesathin with occasional AMP and Basic Cuts (as needed), to this I will soon be adding Gaspari Thyrotabs (currently winging there way across the Atlantic). I am trying a more moderate cutting style to my usual ‘go too extreme, lose strength, panic and start to bulk’. Instead working about 500 below maintenance, and when weight plateaus change it up (add cardio/lower cals). Three weeks in and my diet it nailed, strangely working 14 hour days leaves no time for me to cheat, boredom is my normal downfall when I am meandering round my kitchen. Already dropped 7lbs and it is very visible, I am loving the Burn3D (just ordered more). Should mention that I am using ALRI lipolytic protein

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/49072-alri-lipolytic-whey.html?highlight=lipolytic+protein

and that may or may not be helping in my efforts. Would also like to add that during the cut I have been eating about 10 fruits and veg a day aswell as NOW super-antioxidants , NOW ADAMs, NOW Digestic enzymes, a pro-biotic and I am feeling very healthy.

Adding some low intensity cardio to my regime next week (with Xtend during) and I will follow the Burn3D/Sesathin/Thyrotab for one month, then I will follow a thyroid PCT (Jury seems out about how suppressive Thyrotabs are). Will use L-Tyrosine, NOW thyroid support maybe hot-rox extreme (thank gresh for the ideas).I am also anxious to try the Tri-lean system (with thyrogen x).

I will be sure to do a similar review of the thyrotabs since I realise there is not much out there and it shows promise.

Any more questions I will be happy to answer

12many

Awards
Hey swole,

post cycle therapy was a breeze, apart from putting up with the nolva taste. I had lost a lot of the bloat I spoke of and dried but since being on Burn3D I am holding a little water once more. Was a little saddening seeing the scale plummet for a few days but was always anticipated and planned for.

My weight settled down at 16stone (224lbs) after post cycle therapy (which I modified to exclude the Rebound XT). As planned, calories during post cycle therapy we slightly above maintenance, and all very clean. As for pictures I have not taken any, and now I am kind of flat (blame sesathin) and holding water (blame Burn3D) I am hesitant to (especially with guys like swole/lakemountain’s aviators mocking me ). Instead I have some precycle holiday snaps (Cancun 06), and will present some post cut as more of a transformation (hopefully worthy of a Muscletech ad).

I am now in a cutting phase with Burn3D/Sesathin with occasional AMP and Basic Cuts (as needed), to this I will soon be adding Gaspari Thyrotabs (currently winging there way across the Atlantic). I am trying a more moderate cutting style to my usual ‘go too extreme, lose strength, panic and start to bulk’. Instead working about 500 below maintenance, and when weight plateaus change it up (add cardio/lower cals). Three weeks in and my diet it nailed, strangely working 14 hour days leaves no time for me to cheat, boredom is my normal downfall when I am meandering round my kitchen. Already dropped 7lbs and it is very visible, I am loving the Burn3D (just ordered more). Should mention that I am using ALRI lipolytic protein

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/49072-alri-lipolytic-whey.html?highlight=lipolytic+protein

and that may or may not be helping in my efforts. Would also like to add that during the cut I have been eating about 10 fruits and veg a day aswell as NOW super-antioxidants , NOW ADAMs, NOW Digestic enzymes, a pro-biotic and I am feeling very healthy.

Adding some low intensity cardio to my regime next week (with Xtend during) and I will follow the Burn3D/Sesathin/Thyrotab for one month, then I will follow a thyroid PCT (Jury seems out about how suppressive Thyrotabs are). Will use L-Tyrosine, NOW thyroid support maybe hot-rox extreme (thank gresh for the ideas).I am also anxious to try the Tri-lean system (with thyrogen x).

I will be sure to do a similar review of the thyrotabs since I realise there is not much out there and it shows promise.

Any more questions I will be happy to answer
I just finished up an entire box of Thyrotabs and ordered a few more boxes. This stuff works and works WELL. Stack them with 3rd degree burn, and this is the ultimate fat burning compound. The directions say no more than 3caplets/day under any circumstance. WELL, I accidentally took 4caplets within 24hrs on a few occasions, and all it did was make me sweat a little more. My bp is perfect even using Thyrotabs, MTRN, MZOL, and SD at the same time. Celery seed and Hawthorne have kept things "right" for me. I HIGHLY recommend the Thyrotabs. Rating 15 out of 10!!!!

Only "unwanted" side: the gf said she can no longer sleep in the same bed as me because I throw heat like a furnace. Come to think of it, this may be another "benefit" of Thyrotabs ;)