Superdrol or PP only on workout days or only 2X per week?

1. Registered User

Superdrol or PP only on workout days or only 2X per week?

I'm not looking to get flamed for this but, has anyone ever experimented with this idea to maintain gains and maximize workouts?

The test would be to take 10mg of superdrol on workout days only. Or possibly, only 2 days per week on your biggest workout days.

The idea would be to get the pump for a good workout as well as take advantage of the temporary increased protein synthesis for the large post workout meal and overnight recovery. Then the superdrol would slowly be eliminated from the body as you recover from the workout and in theory not cause shutdown even after weeks and weeks of this method of supplementation.

Has anyone ever tried this method of supplementation to gain or preserve lbm? You could stack all the classic test boosters and supplements along side this method since ideally it wouldn't cause shutdown of the HPTA.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

it would cause a constant fluctuation in your hormones which isnt what you want.
  3. Banned

uh. that's a bad idea. it just keeps you in a constant limbo and will mess up your metabolism. why not..... do a 2 week cycle for strength/mass gains on pp and sd. sd gives good gains and strength the first 2 weeks. then use "test boosters" or something i like to use like anabol-x w/ AX's pct and nolva. after ur done. milk thistle throughout w/ ryr and flax/fish oils.
    •   

4. Registered User

I understand it may not be the greatest idea and that's why I put the flame comment in there. But this is a gray area that even today is not fully understood by the medical and supplement community.

For the sake of research it may be worth testing for say a 2-3 month period to see:

1. If the sporatic dose is even sufficient enough to provide any anabolic and LBM benefit or maintain post PCT LBM levels.
    2. If the sporatic lose dose has the side effect of eventually disrupting the body's delicate HPTA balance or
    3. is their no disruption of the HPTA due to the temporary nature of each dose which fully exits the body before the HPTA adjusts to the exogenous androgens.
    4. Will this low dose not negatively affect lipid levels and liver enzyme values as the consistent daily dose dose. Even after 3 months, the total mg's of SD ingested would be less than a conservative 3 week 10/10/20 SD cycle.

If anyone has tried any similar method, please post your thoughts.
  5. King Kong
    Board Sponsor

I dont think has done this for the reasons that people have mentioned. Constantly fluctuating your hormones is not a good idea. I also dont think your going to see any gains, and even if you do, they will be very minimal. Also, I think that by running them for a longer duration, just not as often, will be just as damaging to your lipids/liver profile just as much, if not more because your never really giving your liver a sufficient amount of time to recover.
  6. Registered User

Well I am trying something similar right now I ran PP/Pro at 20mg/100mg two weeks Today was the first day on Superdrol which I will run for two full weeks I gained eight pounds.I am much stronger and more explosive I was hand timed at 4.72 at 250 in the 40 and I average 12pts 9 reb and 2 blocks per game in my rec basketball league off the bench. I only running the Superdrol at 20mg because my last cycle had me feeling like crap for real. I think low dosage would be better than just taking it on work out days.Just my 2 cents.
  7. Banned

elto-guy, how do you run/sprint on SD? i find extremely discomforting shin splints and hot pain that lasts for weeks if i run/spring during a sd cycle. or do you gain the strength/mass then run post-cycle?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gotripped
    elto-guy, how do you run/sprint on superdrol? i find extremely discomforting shin splints and hot pain that lasts for weeks if i run/spring during a superdrol cycle. or do you gain the strength/mass then run post-cycle?
    You don't...you wait until several days into PCT when the painful pumps start to subside. SD...great for bulking...sucks BAD for running (especially sprinting).
  9. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by idunk42
    I dont think has done this for the reasons that people have mentioned. Constantly fluctuating your hormones is not a good idea. I also dont think your going to see any gains, and even if you do, they will be very minimal. Also, I think that by running them for a longer duration, just not as often, will be just as damaging to your lipids/liver profile just as much, if not more because your never really giving your liver a sufficient amount of time to recover.
    Constant flux of hormones a bad idea? How so?

That seems to be everyone's response to this cycle proposal. 1 superdrol cap will not eliminate test, it is only mildly suppressive, so your body has both test and SD to use for protein synthesis. I think SD twice a week is a great idea, or at the very least worth testing. Dr. D had great success with pulsing dianabol in a similar way. He gained 10 pounds in 6 weeks; so gains are possible. No post cycle therapy is needed because there is no shutdown (just be careful not to use too much). I doubt there will be much liver and lipid damage at 20mg per week, but that can only be proven through blood tests. No one has yet to give a good reason not to experiment with this idea.

ITguy, I asked Dr.D the very same question you asked, and he approved. Here's the thread:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabo...cycles-18.html
    I would take it pre or postworkout only, because that's when androgens are most needed. I plan to pulse 1T in a month or two once I have a fair bit stocked up. I encourage you to try pulsing SD for 6-8 weeks and post up your results. This could turn out to be a safer and less suppresive way to cycle methyls.
  10. King Kong
    Board Sponsor

The thread you are questioning is regarding taking it for 2 weeks straight, with no breaks. That is totally different than what is being proposed.

So whats the point of actually taking the SD this way? For some kind of extra pump? Why would you put a PH into your body for a little bit of extra energy? Does this really seem worth it?

If you really think its worth testing, then by all means go for it. In all likelihood you will see minimal sides, but you will also see minimal results. I doubt the gains that you make will be very significant, if there is even any. The gains that you do make, will most likely be attributed to your diet and training and not because of the SD.
  11. Registered User

Hey we had the same idea doom! This pulse method might work for those who can only get to the gym 1 to 3 times per week. All we need now is for some more lab rats to run the experiments. With nolva on hand just in case, of course. The key would be to slam the protein/calories on dose/workout days and the next day thereafter to maximize the short time of hightened anabolic activity. And yes, obviously you shouldn't expect much from this method, except for maybe maintaining muscle gained from previous cycles.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by doom3q
    "DR. D: I do like the idea of 'pulse' cycles. I got a crazy idea i'd like you to critic. I was wondering if you think using 10mg superdrol 2 or 3 times a week postworkout only would be suppressive? In my mind this is when most hypertrophy occurs, so it's best to add in the androgens then. Because of the low dose and infrequent use, this should not affect lipids and blood pressure. You stated before that m5aa used like this(3x a week) preworkout should have little shutdown, would you say the same for superdrol used in this manner?

dumb idea, or worth trying?

much appreciated!"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr. D
    "I bet it would work. I've done similar low dose protocols (10mg M14 pre-w/o 3-4x/wk) during the last half of PCTs. The halflife of any oral is at least 6hrs, so I take it pre-w/o to get that extra kick plus load the cals after, but either way is fine. I used M14 because infrequent, low dose dbol is shown to actually boost LH output. Superdrol would be a good choice due to it's strong anabolism and low suppression. Just keep the dose to 10mg I'd say."
    Dec 2005

Quote Originally Posted by idunk42
    The thread you are questioning is regarding taking it for 2 weeks straight, with no breaks. That is totally different than what is being proposed.

So whats the point of actually taking the superdrol this way? For some kind of extra pump? Why would you put a PH into your body for a little bit of extra energy? Does this really seem worth it?

If you really think its worth testing, then by all means go for it. In all likelihood you will see minimal sides, but you will also see minimal results. I doubt the gains that you make will be very significant, if there is even any. The gains that you do make, will most likely be attributed to your diet and training and not because of the superdrol.
    Fair enough. I wasn't taking a stab at you, it just seems when ever there is a new method or supplement, there's alot of trash talk with no science (ex. ATD only post cycle therapy). I'm just curious about pulsing for strength gains, but it could also make some decent mass gains (which I'd like to test). If endo-test is uneffected and bloodwork seems fine, this could be a safe alternative to running complete cycles.

ITguy: If I get my 1test I'll pulse it and log my progress weekly. Should be interesting if this works, considering no post cycle therapy is needed and dosing for extended periods is acceptable.
  13. Registered User

Well I never really had a problem with Superdrol effecting my legs thats why I keep the doses low 20mg because any higher and I would get very painful lowerback pumps .Other than that I run first thing in the morning and then take my first cap and go to work take my next dose around 4 hit the gym at six.
  14. Registered User

i "pulsed" sd MWF, so 3 days a week on hst, and gained bout 10lbs in 4 weeks =] keept my boys 2, but not the gains as diet wasnt the best.. i reckon it was just carb retention from the volume hst which it is
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

late post, it actually works very well, did 8 wks workout on sunday and thursday, took 10mg pre workout then 10mg 5 hrs later(superdrol), gained 17lbs good strength gains, very few sides, took boosters and dhea on off days, took otc pct, not sure if I even needed it.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

I'm doing an Evan lower dose 2.5 mg microdrol and gaining fine. Pre wo and post workout
  17. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    late post, it actually works very well, did 8 wks workout on sunday and thursday, took 10mg pre workout then 10mg 5 hrs later(superdrol), gained 17lbs good strength gains, very few sides, took boosters and dhea on off days, took otc pct, not sure if I even needed it.
    It really put on 17 pounds taking it twice per week? I was contemplating the same thing to avoid PCT and so forth although i do have nolva anyway.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. rack pulls or full deads on back day?
    By aztec02 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 06:17 PM
  2. How many Protein shakes on workout days ?
    By Stinger124 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 03:10 PM
  3. IGF-1r3 everyday or just on workout days?
    By xmusclex in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 01:31 PM
  4. ECA Stack Only on Cardio Days?
    By Eagleman003 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 11:28 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 01:13 PM