Looking for advice on my first cycle

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Looking for advice on my first cycle

Hey everyone, I just joined today. I've been lurking around the site for awhile, and decided to join since there seems to be a lot of good information on this forum.

I am going to do my first cycle starting July 2 or 3. My stats are as follows:

Age: 21, will be 22 about three weeks after I start my cycle. I've been lifting for approximately two years.

Weight: 175 pounds, trying to cut down to 170 or so before starting my cycle.

Estimated BF%: I would guess it's around 15-16% or so. I have kind of a minor gut due to all of the soda I used to drink my last two years of high school and first year of college, but am trying to cut as much as possible before my cycle, and once I'm finished with my cycle, I will still bulk for 4-6 weeks while on PCT, and after that, do a slow cut until January or so, because I would still like to keep my gains.

Androgen History: Never tried PHs or anything else before. I don't even use creatine. I've used it before, but stopped for about a year. I have some micronized creatine monohydrate on hand, which I may start using in a week or so, or may just save it for when I go on my cycle. As of now, I only use whey protein and dextrose post-workout, and milk protein isolate powder mixed with milk each night just to get a little extra protein in me.

Goals: My goal is to put on some mass (as much as possible, but it's a little tough for me to gain muscle). It would be nice to gain 10-15 pounds of muscle in those 4 weeks, but I think that may be a little too optimistic. I'm hoping my cycle will also give me lean gains, but I know that is up to me and my diet. My diet is actually pretty good. I eat healthy. Simply, I'm just looking for some solid gains with this cycle. To tell you the truth, I would rather wait another six months to a year to start the cycle because I'd rather just try to cut all throughout Summer, but my two 4AD bottles have a couple numbers towards the bottom of the bottle that reads 10/6, so I assume that's the expiration date, which would be October 2006, and I don't want it to go to waste. Even if I don't manage finishing both bottles of 4AD, I would like to manage to use some of it before it expires.

As for my cycle, I am going to do a 4-week cycle of Ergopharm's 1-Androstenediol (1-AD) and Higher Power Nutrition's Androstenediol 300 (4-Androstene 17-Diol, 4AD I believe?). I have one 1-AD bottle with 180 capsules, and two 4AD bottles, each with 60 capsules. My 1-AD tablets are 100mg per tablet, and the 4AD tablets are 300mg a tablet. For someone like myself, what would you recommend is a good starting dose for my four-week cycle? Should I keep the same dosage throughout the four weeks, or increase my dosage each week? From what I've read on here, it seems like people keep the same dosage throughout their cycle when using these two substances. I'm just looking for any other opinions.

Also, I have two bottles of Omega Sports Methyl Jacked (17a-methyl DHT, also referred to as mestanolone). I did a search for it on this forum, but no searches came up, so I'm assuming it's either not well-known, or people stay away from it for certain reasons. Would it be a smart idea to run this with the 1-AD and 4AD, or use the 1-AD and 4AD solely? The one thing that concerns me about the methyl jacked is that there is no expiration date on it, so I may just save it for later, or just never use it and toss it.

Any help is appreciated. I will start another thread in a couple days concerning PCT on this cycle. Thanks.

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

You've been lifting for 2 years, you need to weight, if you can't drop 5lbs naturally and can't put on 10-15lbs naturally especially at 175lbs @ 6'1 then you've got no business doing a cycle of anything other than creatine and other natural supplements. Look into:

ALRI Jungle Warfare
    Anabolic Extreme PCT
    Anabolic Extreme Retain
    Universal Animal Pak

Whey protein isolate
    Creatine ethyl ester
    ZMA
    Glutamine

I'm telling you right now if you did 8 weeks of PCT+Retain along with ANimal pak as your multi-vitamin and some whey protein, then eat enough you'll gain 15lbs no problem. The problem is your diet. The supplements i suggested are natural but powerful. I've put on 8lbs of muscle in 8 weeks on PCT alone. Trust me when you go on a cycle diet becomes even MORE important. Check out the nutritional forum and possibly look at hiring someone like BOBO to help you with your diet, diet will make or break you.
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS
    You've been lifting for 2 years, you need to weight, if you can't drop 5lbs naturally and can't put on 10-15lbs naturally especially at 175lbs @ 6'1 then you've got no business doing a cycle of anything other than creatine and other natural supplements. Look into:

ALRI Jungle Warfare
    Anabolic Extreme post cycle therapy
    Anabolic Extreme Retain
    Universal Animal Pak

Whey protein isolate
    Creatine ethyl ester
    ZMA
    Glutamine

I'm telling you right now if you did 8 weeks of PCT+Retain along with ANimal pak as your multi-vitamin and some whey protein, then eat enough you'll gain 15lbs no problem. The problem is your diet. The supplements i suggested are natural but powerful. I've put on 8lbs of muscle in 8 weeks on PCT alone. Trust me when you go on a cycle diet becomes even MORE important. Check out the nutritional forum and possibly look at hiring someone like BOBO to help you with your diet, diet will make or break you.
    You're the second person that has said I shouldn't take PHs yet. I am thinking maybe it's a good idea for me to wait. To tell you the truth, I would rather wait than to take it now. The only thing that was pushing me to take it was that the 4AD is expiring very soon, and I just didn't want it to seem like I wasted $60 on the two bottles I purchased.

By the way, I'm 5'10", if that makes any difference.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Is it capsules or powdered 4-AD??
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Here's basically a breakdown of my diet.

Breakfast is oats with skim or 1% milk.

Then for lunch, I usually eat some chicken or fish, salad with assorted vegetables, a sandwich consisting of turkey, whole wheat bread, and one slice of cheese, and a banana, and sometimes another thing such as a piece of turkey or roast beef.

As a snack, I'll have a protein shake and maybe another banana.

For dinner, I'll have basically the same thing as lunch.

Post-workout shake is somewhere in there, whether it's after lunch, or after dinner.

Then at night, I usually have one tablespoon of natural peanut butter, and a shake consisting of 25-30 grams of milk protein isolate and 12 ounces of skim or 1% milk.

I will substitute one of the things I eat for lunch with pasta once I start lifting again. I haven't lifted since Tuesday because I pulled a muscle in my back, and it hasn't healed yet. I've just been doing cardio since then. Hopefully I can get back to lifting on Tuesday, or at the latest, Thursday.
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Is it capsules or powdered 4-AD??
    They are capsules. I was wondering if the expiration date was a conservative date, such as with OTC medicines. I know the majority of companies list a very conservative expiration date, and after that date, the medicines are still effective, just not 100%. Is this the same with PHs?
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%

They are fine. Put them in the freezer as mentioned in your new thread.

Dr. D has talked about this before if you search for it...
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.49%

Ya, throw them in the freezer

Also, i agree do not jump into a cycle
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

They are fine. Put them in the freezer as mentioned in your new thread.

Dr. D has talked about this before if you search for it...
    Is "Dr. D", Dr. Death?
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%

No. Different guys. Totally.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

No. Different guys. Totally.
    I typed in Dr. D under the search function, and it said invalid username specified. What's his complete "username"? I would really like to read what he said about expiration dates.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%

It's Dr D - maybe there isn't a period at the end of Dr....
  13. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Even at 5"10 you could hit 200lbs naturally EASILY.

Something like this:

2800 calories 45/35/20

245g's Protein
    385g's Carbs
    62g's Fat

That would be a good starting point that's 16 calories per lb of bodyweight. So start at that and slowly increase calories from their if your not gaining.
  14. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Yeah, I'd wait until you remove the words 'soda' and 'have kind of a gut' from your vocab to cycle. Not being a ****, just stating that you wanna be in peak physical condition already to reach your ultimate goal with the fewest amount of chemicals possible.
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Yeah, I'd wait until you remove the words 'soda' and 'have kind of a gut' from your vocab to cycle. Not being a ****, just stating that you wanna be in peak physical condition already to reach your ultimate goal with the fewest amount of chemicals possible.
    Hey, I stopped drinking soda two years ago. No offense taken by your remarks. Actually, it just makes me want to work harder to lose that slight gut.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Now that I think about it, it's a better idea that I wait to do a cycle. Like I mentioned earlier, I always did want to wait, but I just didn't want to see the 4AD go to waste. I decided I'm going to cut as much as I can until August 20 or so, and when the Fall semester starts, I'll start a slow bulk for about two to three months. If I start to gain too much fat, then I'll slow it down.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Looking for advice on running first cycle
    By LiftItNow in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 07:03 PM
  2. looking for advice on my 3rd PH cycle
    By fadedline in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 02:56 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2012, 12:13 AM
  4. Advice on my first cycle, Activate Xtreme + Formestane