help starting out

1. Registered User
    Answers

help starting out

Hi - I'm 37 years old and new to all of this. I've been training for the past few months but now want to look at what supps to take. I want to build muscle - I'm skinny framed and eating loads doesn't make much difference. I'm confused about steroids etc. Can someone make some suggestions for a new
    starter - thanks

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Answers

so what has your training programe, and diet consisted of so far? Do you take any suplements at all (whey for eg)? Do you know how many cals you are consuming?
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gingernorthwest
    Hi - I'm 37 years old and new to all of this. I've been training for the past few months but now want to look at what supps to take. I want to build muscle - I'm skinny framed and eating loads doesn't make much difference. I'm confused about steroids etc. Can someone make some suggestions for a new
    starter - thanks
    Hi there welcome, I am by far not the most knowledgeable, butI was a hard gainer also, here is a few tips, start montioring your caloric intake, and increase it by 200 calories a day, if you dont start gaining add another 200 calories, and you Will gain weight eventually when you find the right balance.

For supplements good old protein cannot be beat , some will disagree. Creatine is good, look around the board for the best creatine thread, some creatines have like No explode in them or something and increase your after workout pumps so it feels better after a workout, the feeling of accomplishment is higher so to speak. I would avoid steroids until you get your training and diet down pack, if you cant gain weight with food you wont gain anything worthwhile with roids. EAT TRAIN SLEEP. words to live by, once you start getting in the groove and putting on some pounds and have a good workout system then you can think about steroids, lets just say I did some M1t not to long ago and I severly regret it.many people will agree here if you cant gain without roids you wont with them.

Good luck and be determined. determination sets the bar, undetermined fail determined succeed and look great and feel great. feel free to ask anyquestions and stick around the board, most people are friendly and willing to help.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Hi, thanks for the advice so far. Sounds as if the focus is on getting my basic training and diet right first. I thought if I just started eating loads more calories I'd end up fat. I don't want to get massive, but want to look good and feel better about my bod. I was scared about roids, and sounds as if others are really cautious about them too,
    THANKS AGAIN and I'll stick around - you're right it is real friendly on here. I'll fill in my profile soon etc

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by SHADOW2492
    Hi there welcome, I am by far not the most knowledgeable, butI was a hard gainer also, here is a few tips, start montioring your caloric intake, and increase it by 200 calories a day, if you dont start gaining add another 200 calories, and you Will gain weight eventually when you find the right balance.

For supplements good old protein cannot be beat , some will disagree. Creatine is good, look around the board for the best creatine thread, some creatines have like No explode in them or something and increase your after workout pumps so it feels better after a workout, the feeling of accomplishment is higher so to speak. I would avoid steroids until you get your training and diet down pack, if you cant gain weight with food you wont gain anything worthwhile with roids. EAT TRAIN SLEEP. words to live by, once you start getting in the groove and putting on some pounds and have a good workout system then you can think about steroids, lets just say I did some M1t not to long ago and I severly regret it.many people will agree here if you cant gain without roids you wont with them.

Good luck and be determined. determination sets the bar, undetermined fail determined succeed and look great and feel great. feel free to ask anyquestions and stick around the board, most people are friendly and willing to help.
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

Personally, I think you have at least a year or more before you consider gear(AAS) get your diet in order and your training routine then you can start researching
  6. Registered User
    Answers

cheers thanks :bb:
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help need just starting out
    By Momoali in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 08:15 AM
  2. Starting new cycle. got 2 viable options. help me out.
    By ajsather36 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 10:05 PM
  3. guys please help me out..im starting to go blind from searching
    By denali7432 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-19-2009, 01:54 PM
  4. starting out / need help
    By dlaurel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 12:37 PM
  5. Need some help starting out.