Another question, surgery recovery

BigFatBastard

Awards
Any ideas on some gear for surgery recovery, rotator cuff? I don't wanna sit around yanking it too long. I was thinking D-bol might help. I wont be able to do much at first.

thanks, I'm kind of new here so bare with me LOL

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I would say heal, do your PT and then get back into the groove before you did anything gear wise

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Any ideas on some gear for surgery recovery, rotator cuff? I don't wanna sit around yanking it too long. I was thinking D-bol might help. I wont be able to do much at first.

thanks, I'm kind of new here so bare with me LOL
Did you have arthroscopic surgery? Usally with a torn rotator cuff surgery you will have to stop weight training for 3- 6 months ... You will not be able to train so doing steriods will be a bad idea!!

BigFatBastard

Awards
It's today, actually he said I'd start moving it right away, PT some lifting after 3 weeks, lifting after 6 weeks. Of course, and work would start low. The doc is lifter-freindly, he thinks lifting is great.

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
It's today, actually he said I'd start moving it right away, PT some lifting after 3 weeks, lifting after 6 weeks. Of course, and work would start low. The doc is lifter-freindly, he thinks lifting is great.
Wow!! My doc said if I did the surgery I could not train for 3-6 months. Good luck on your surgery!!

BigFatBastard

Awards
I think mines a little different, it's a minor tear coupled with burrsitis that doesn't want to go away. Who knows what the scope will find though? He said I'll be back to near 100% in 3 months and that surgery isn't really required but because I want it as it interferes with some of my exercises. I think a major tear might take longer and impiingement decompression a little less. It depends a lot on what the (nightmarish) MRI shows.

joshingyou

Awards
MRIs are limited to what they can show. You COULD have a tear but it be read ok, or vise-versa. They won't know for sure until inside you with a scope. As far as a tear, is a it a FULL THICKNESS (meaning completely ripped) or partial thickness, meaning intact but torn. Tendons take a long time to heal and you don't want to do more or go beyond what PT they give you afterwards. I'd also say avoid all gear for a good year, your muscles will grow quickly, but your tendons just can't keep that pace. You'll end up injured again.

NevrEnuf

Awards
  • Established
stupid question but how did you guys know that ur rotator cuff was torn? I'm askin cuz i have a serious ache in the left rotator cuff area but i can still lift my arm to my side, I took a week off from the gym but its still present.

Werewolf

Werewolf

Awards
  • Established
Cissus RX up to 45% faster
IGF-1R3 up to 300% faster (oratrophin)

Other things that help:
Glucosamine & Chondroitin
Things that raise HGH like PGH-T
Things that raise estrogen

BigFatBastard

Awards
I'd like to comment on 2 above.
1. What is PGH-T
2. my tear was obvious on an MRI (another, nightmarish story LOL). Let me tell you, I could do almost anything but when he got in there with the scope, it was horrible, a small tear, inflammation/burristis everywhere possible, and impingement of the acromium. That's where I think most of my problem was coming from, the impingement. Well, it's over now except the rececovery and I've already started crling 15 lb! We'll see!

NevrEnuf

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to comment on 2 above.
1. What is PGH-T
2. my tear was obvious on an MRI (another, nightmarish story LOL). Let me tell you, I could do almost anything but when he got in there with the scope, it was horrible, a small tear, inflammation/burristis everywhere possible, and impingement of the acromium. That's where I think most of my problem was coming from, the impingement. Well, it's over now except the rececovery and I've already started crling 15 lb! We'll see!
pgh is a type of growth hormone sold by one of our board sponsors.

I got another question for yah tho, how did you know to go get an MRI done... was there unbearable pain, stress, swelling..etc? I"m concerned cuz i have a pain in my rotator cuff now but i can lift my arm in full range of motion but the pretty bad rotator cuff "ache" wont go away

joshingyou

Awards
Shoulder pain is a odd thing. It can be hard to pinpoint exactly where and what is causing it. Google the term "weightlifter shoulder" You may have this causing the pain and simply removing some bone could make a world of difference. The major tell if you have a serious tear is loss of strength and motion.

When we're talking pain, we're talking can't sleep at night it hurts to lay on it pain, can't pull out the wallet, can't reach something without aching. It may be something simple, but we're all OVERLOADING our joints with our workouts so at some point you have to pay your dues.