help how much protein while on aas

1ad man

Banned
Awards
okay im on a bulker right now im 275 and it is real hard to get so much protein esp 2 grams per pound that is hard man. now im on muscle juice 2544 good product but is two scoops enough i mean 3 scoops seems to much and is hard im on test e 500mg and dbol 1-4 30mg any advice i mean even 1pds of protein is hard .

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
umm...so let me get this straight. You're on AAS but yet can't understand proper protein intake? Let me give you a hint: It doesn't revolve around your shakes.

1ad man

Banned
Awards
i know is revolves around good diet and calories . remember son im 275 and your 220 so stop playing games and flaming and answer the question im a newbie here and asking for advice cut the sarcasm. pictures speak louder than words

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
i know is revolves around good diet and calories . remember son im 275 and your 220 so stop playing games and flaming and answer the question im a newbie here and asking for advice cut the sarcasm. pictures speak louder than words
I guess the truth hurts here. Your suppose to know what your doing before your start, not the other way around. And BTW if weight and size are the only measure here then I have you beat. I am going to answer your question so you can see just where rage is coming from, if you knew this you wouldn't have to ask that question

The truth is that you don't need any where near 2 grams per lb to actually use. The problem is availability. Your body doesn't have any mechanism for storing protein outside of your muscles so if you don't make it available when need it takes it from where you don't want. So it is really is more important to spread your protein intake around the clock rather then the amount. However protein is a great source of energy for us and taking large amounts ensure that our bodies don't have to cannibalize our muscles. That is why we like 40% of our calories to be from protein.

As for the amount yes steroids do increase your protein synthesis but it still is nowhere near that level of 2 grams per lb. If you gained a pound a week on steroids that is less then 14g a day of protein that is used (as muscle, muscle is still something like 80% water) and your talking about taking over a pound a day. The body does use the protein for other things though and quite a bit for just regular maintenance.

Also as a note some of the most effective steroids are not actually great muscle builders, rather there anti- carbolic and help your cells retain a positive nitrogen balance. (Prevent the breakdown of your muscles.) Tren, deca, dbol all have strong anti carbolic properties or improve your nitrogen retention. Their effectiveness should say something about the importance of enough protein.

The short answer your question is that if diet is perfect you don't need any more then what it provides. Gear does not really raise the amount you "need", rather we increase the amount to make the most of the gear. If you’re not getting enough then you need to make up the difference. As for a ratio the larger you are the lower the ratio, much like strength to size, or calorie requirements. 1.5 would be fine and even less would might if your diet was perfect (6 meals a day and such) and its not hard ether. On 4,000 calories a day you would need 1,600 calories worth of protein, about 400g worth. That works out to about 1.45g protein to your pound of 275.

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
Gettin all hot up in here :aargh:

Good answer Skye, nice to see the power of 2 finally fall to a more respectable level. For me protein intake has been a pain, its hard to be a cheap a$$ and get the fuel you need.

rep + 1

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i get around 1.5gms/lb and it seems to be working just fine.

1ad, you really need to drop that attitude. "pictures speak louder than words"? ok, post a pic.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1.5 is working fine for myself as well

1ad if you are 275 that is impressive, although judging from your extensive knowledge one would have to believe you are either 7' tall or holding a little excess fat, or both.

Another thing, I have told you this before. Your posts are almost impossible to understand. We cannot mind read to answer your questions and I know I myself don't have the time sit around and decipher your own unique style of grammar.

I know you want help but your attitude is absurd and uncalled for. Rage might be working towards 220 but definately is a valued member here and seems to have his diet and training in check. You could learn alot from him.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
1Ad man is back, but I digress, 1.5 is enough, and shakes are not the answer, as they are digested quite quickly. Whole foods are key, but hard to maintain, due to portibility if you a have life. Most of Kcals should come from whole food protein sources. The other half could come from shakes. Whey protein isolates or calcium casienates a great mix would be 80/whey 20 casienate, and make sure you have efas 2-3 grams with it to ensure insulin does not spike. And yes, I would love to see pics of your 275lb feat, and not knowing how much protein to consume.

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
Well you know up until 2 months ago I was consuming well under 1g/lb and still managed to get to 260. Course it's not exactly anything to be boasting about but I just had to share.

On a side note, who's the heaviest poster here, my max weight was 260, but it t'was nothing pretty. :burger: :burger: :burger: :food: :food: :food: Always feeling like I had to suck the gut in. I'm much more comfortable at 240.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i'm a morning weight of 262 right now. heaviest was 296lbs a few months ago, not comfortable.

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
not comfortable.
Yeah I agree, at 5'9 AND A HALF :thumbsup: Gotta get the 1/2 in there. I was very uncomfortable and lost loads of mobility.

i'm a morning weight of 262 right now. heaviest was 296lbs a few months ago
Heavy.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
right now I am 205 precontest dieting from 235lb and in college I was 265. Not comfortable at all. After the contest I am going to go up to a solid 235, and eventually get up to 300, if I will ever make any impact in NPC. Being 6'1" I have a lot of frame to fill out.

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
well right now i'm weighin 260 @5'-7.5" , 18%bf or less , its o.k being 260 at my height but i'm bulkin right now and shootin for 270lbs

1ad man

Banned
Awards
im about your size im down 270 thanks guys for replying so 400 grams that is crazy still wow.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
im about your size im down 270 thanks guys for replying so 400 grams that is crazy still wow.
Ok, I’m not sure why I am doing this as you obviously haven’t done your own homework but 400g is not crazy. It’s not even that hard if you’re eating like you should be on gear. Here is a case in point. The meal here is roasted chicken breast with brown rice and broccoli. This is one meal out of four that I am using but you should be having six. I am going to round here for convince since I will be using data from www.nutritiondata.com and they tend to report everything in grams and I usually use ounces. Please, please go look at that site.

One large roasted chicken breast, 8oz or about 225grams worth
Protein ~70 grams
Fat ~ 8 grams
Carbohydrates ~0 grams
Calories ~ 375

One cup of brown rice cooked. (~ 7oz) or 200grams worth
Protein ~5 grams
Fat~<1 grams
Carbohydrates ~ 46 grams
Calories ~ 220

One cup of chopped broccoli, about 6 to 7oz or 180 grams
Protein ~8 grams
Fat ~ <1 grams
Carbohydrates ~10 grams
Calories ~ 50

One glass of 2% milk 12oz or 340 grams worth
Protein ~12 grams
Fat ~ 8 grams
Carbohydrates ~17 grams
Calories ~ 183

Two large pats of butter.20grams (this is more realistic to what people use)
Protein ~1 gram
Fat ~ 16 grams
Carbohydrates ~0 grams
Calories ~ 144

Total calories for meal is 972 calories
Total proteins are 96 gram or 384 calories, 39.4% by calories.
Total fats are 32 grams or 288 calories, 29.6% by calories
Total carbohydrates are 73 grams or 292 calories or 30% by calories.
There is a small rounding error of about 10 calories if you care

Notice how a well balanced meal falls nicely in that 40/30/30 ratio that everyone talks about. Also notice that replacing non-fat butter replacement and non-fat milk would reduce the fat by some 18 grams, or 160 calories.

And as you can clearly see the meal includes 96 grams of protein. To do this with 6 meals just scale it down. This really isn’t hard.

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
Damn you are a helpful guy. This is why people have to appreciate this forum. :djparty: