T3 and increased hair loss...

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

T3 and increased hair loss...

Im running a mild cutting cycle consisting of T3 (50-75 mcg/day MAX) along with PP (just to combat catabolism) and E/C. Its the first time I've ever tried T3. I did it out of curiousity mostly. I am in week 4 and I have noticed that my hair seems to be shedding faster than normal. I am prone to MPB and have used PP and numerous other things in the past. The last time I ran PP (bulking) I had hardly any noticeable thinning. Obviously harsh dieting isnt great for hair but I'm wondering if the T3 is coming into play. I know that thyroid disorders can cause pretty drastic shedding. I have also seen mention of hair loss with T3 but I was not aware of it being a common side effect. I thought that it was a side attributed mostly to -low- TSH levels only.

Has anyone else experienced minor shedding while on T3? It "seems" to be a more uniform thinning. In other words, more evenly across the whole head rather than classic MPB shape loss. Its nothing major yet though so its hard to be sure. It does seem like its thinner in general rather than major loss in the classic MPB zones (crown, forehead hairline, widows peaks). Im wondering if I should continue until week 5-6 or just end the T3 now. Still not sure if its the T3 or the dieting/PP. Otherwise everything else is going great...

Here is a cycle layout with my T3 dosing from a previous post. I ended up going into the 75 mcg range rather than 50 as my max.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabo...ggestions.html
    That which does not kill us makes us stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine
    Im running a mild cutting cycle consisting of T3 (50-75 mcg/day MAX) along with PP (just to combat catabolism) and E/C. Its the first time I've ever tried T3. I did it out of curiousity mostly. I am in week 4 and I have noticed that my hair seems to be shedding faster than normal. I am prone to MPB and have used PP and numerous other things in the past. The last time I ran PP (bulking) I had hardly any noticeable thinning. Obviously harsh dieting isnt great for hair but I'm wondering if the T3 is coming into play. I know that thyroid disorders can cause pretty drastic shedding. I have also seen mention of hair loss with T3 but I was not aware of it being a common side effect. I thought that it was a side attributed mostly to -low- TSH levels only.

Has anyone else experienced minor shedding while on T3? It "seems" to be a more uniform thinning. In other words, more evenly across the whole head rather than classic MPB shape loss. Its nothing major yet though so its hard to be sure. It does seems like its thinner in general rather than major loss in the classic MPB zones (crown, forehead hairline, widows peaks). Im wondering if I should continue until week 5-6 or just end the T3 now. Still not sure if its the T3 or the dieting/PP. Otherwise everything else is going great...

Here is a cycle layout with my T3 dosing from a previous post. I ended up going into the 75 mcg range rather than 50 as my max.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabo...ggestions.html
    I have never heard of T3 causing MPB, doesn't mean its not possible, just have never heard it.
    But I have heard of guys using it to fight MPB. Wither they used it orally of topically I can't remember, but I think there are some studies on pubmed.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.44%

I dont know but, being that T3 def plays a role in protein synthesis, as some use it to bulk. Maybe its making PP work that much more in a negative way. Just a guess, but T3 is a heckuva a cutter when used with a great diet.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.23%

t3 never affected me in that way....although i did turn red occasionaly ...form the increase in heat...lol
  5. Handsome and intelligent
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.92%

Low-dose T3 in the 25-50mcg region may boost testosterone levels (how significantly, i dunno for certain), which may be converting to DHT giving you these effects.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  6. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

It could just be a combo of the PP and dieting. A friend of mine loses hair a little anytime he hits a hard diet phase and starts dropping a lot of weight. I never noticed anything from PP previously but maybe its just now catching up to me. I used to take finasteride but stopped about 6 months ago and didnt notice much difference. Maybe this is also catching up with me. The hair life cycles are rather long I think.

In a semi related note: Who here uses finasteride? Did you notice any body composition changes after prolonged use? I didnt like the idea of reducing the very potent male hormone DHT all that much. It's somewhat like a natural anti-estrogen as well as affecting things such as libido and strength. I personally didnt have any side effects but reading some of the posts by Swale (HUGE critic of finasteride) and other more educated members of the community made me decide to stop taking it. However, it did seem to slow hair loss fairly well. It seemed like since I started using it that I was able to gain abdominal fat easier. This could have been due to the finasteride or just simply getting older. I was on finasteride for about 3 years. I guess Im lucky to not report any other sides. I have seen others report difficulty reducing body fat levels while taking finasteride. What are some of your opinions on finasteride and its effects on body composition and/or estrogenic like fat deposition. Has anyone been able to get super lean while on it? Do you feel it hurts overall body composition in any way?
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.09%

I dont know much about T3 but I have definetly noticed the Ephcl. 25mg is causing me some shedding. When i used mahung i didnt notice anything. But i am almost certain that the HCL is making me thin. Ohh and i am prone also.
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

Quote Originally Posted by buffb2
    I dont know much about T3 but I have definetly noticed the Ephcl. 25mg is causing me some shedding. When i used mahung i didnt notice anything. But i am almost certain that the HCL is making me thin. Ohh and i am prone also.
    Wow, I didnt even really think of that. I have been taking 25mg of pure Ephedrine HCL 2-3x a day. This would make more sense. I havent taken ephedrine (especially this dose and purity) in a long time. I remember lot of people used to b1tch about hydroxycut (original ephedrine based) making them shed a little.

I'd still like feedback on my previous finasteride questions though.
  9. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.33%

I am traveling today and dont have access to my home pc bookmarks but.........I am sure I looked into this myself. I believe what I found is that hair loss is a reasonably common symptom of overactive thyroid. It would stand to reason that when supplementing with T3 you simulate that condition. Good news on this type hairloss is that once the condiition stabilizes the hair grows back...something about telogen phases etcd.....lol way to late for me to remember those details.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.81%

I used t3 for the last 4 weeks of my last cycle. Along with pheraplex for the last 3. I noticed accelerated hair loss. earlier in the cycle i was running tren and didn't lose nearly as much hair.
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

bump

Similar Forum Threads

1. Testim and no hair loss?
    By lexmuscle in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 01:38 AM
  2. New PHs and Alopecia (Hair-Loss)