Superdrol made my depression disappear

pjmc

Awards
However, once I stopped.. it came back full force. Now it feels like it did before I went on the cycle of SD. Could this mean I have borderline low T levels which are causing the depression and superdrol fixed this problem?

has anyone else ever experienced anything like this before? if so, id appreciate some advice/feedback..

thanks peeps
peace

Schwaugher

Awards
Although i have never experienced this before, i know that low dose testosterone treatment was first used medically to treat depression in the 1930's. So it is a possibility that you had low T levels prior to your cycle.

krenalor

Awards
Are you being otherwise treated for depression? If not, get treatment, tell the doctor that test boosters helped.
Maybe something like rebound reloaded, fenugreek, and trib would help?

yanke10

Banned
Awards
Although i have never experienced this before, i know that low dose testosterone treatment was first used medically to treat depression in the 1930's. So it is a possibility that you had low T levels prior to your cycle.
i thought test wast manufactured till the 50s

cromwell

Awards
Are you being otherwise treated for depression? If not, get treatment, tell the doctor that test boosters helped.
Maybe something like rebound reloaded, fenugreek, and trib would help?
Get counseling and attention if you have not done so already. And yes, higher test levels often result in a better sense of wellbeing. Tou should get your test levels etc checked, low test levels (below 300-400ng/dl) can cause depression and general lethargy etc in males.
Best of luck!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Basically, as they mentioned, low test can certainly cause depression. DO NOT however, try to treat yourself with things like SD. SD and other orals cause a rapid drop in lipid values and this too can cause severe depression during or after the cycle. Go see a doc and try to get diagnosed properly and perhas get HRT if needed. In the meantime, add some folic acid to your supplementation at around 200 mcgs per day, selenium at 100 mgs, and some ZMA.

Schwaugher

Awards
i thought test wast manufactured till the 50s
Not according to what i've read. Here are the passages i am reffring to.

SYMPOTHY FOR THE DEVIL
By Steven Kotler of LA Weekly

"...in the 1930s a Dutch pharmacologist named Ernst Laqueur managed to isolate 10 milligrams of crystalline testosterone from 100 kilograms of bull testicles, and that changed everything. Suddenly, we could pick apart testosterone’s chemical structure; suddenly, we could experiment. Synthetic versions were soon to follow, as were the Swedish athletes taking Rejuven, a performance enhancer that worked its magic with a small amount of testosterone. Other shenanigans ensued. In the 1936 Olympics there were rumors that German competitors — fueled by Hitler’s dreams of Aryan perfection — were taking even larger doses.

A few years after that, as John Hoberman writes in his book Testosterone Dreams: “Testosterone became a charismatic drug because it promised sexual stimulation and renewed energy for individuals and greater productivity in society. Physicians described the optimal effects of testosterone as a feeling of ‘well-being,’ a term that has been used many times over the past half-century to characterize its positive effect on mood. In the early 1940s, testosterone was hailed as a mood-altering drug whose primary purpose was the sexual restoration and reenergizing of aging males.”

Kirk J. Brower, M.D. testimony (March 17, 2005) "Anabolic-Androgenic Steroids and Psychiatric Effects"

"In contrast to undesirable psychiatric effects, AAS may also have some positive psychiatric effects. For example, testosterone was first used medically to treat depression in the 1930s. The antidepressant effects of AAS at generally low doses continue to be investigated and some encouraging findings were recently reported."

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Interesting... I experienced this a bit as well. I had *severe* depression years ago in high school and still have very mild depression occasionally for short intervals. Mine originated from very poor body image and teasing about my weight, hence the whole gym thing :)

My last cycle caused me to feel pretty darn good and during PCT I had a moderate (what I consider more than mild but not severe) bit of depression for about 2-3 weeks. Part of the emotional "high" is probably related to how good your body looks "on" cycle, and some of the downer in PCT could be related to losing some of it -- not to mention the purely chemical reactions AAS causes in the body.

This stuff certainly does cause mood alterations and if you have a real problem with depression swinging in and out with AAS isn't what I would consider a good thing :) Good luck with your treatment -- low dose depression meds (Zoloft) and couseling helped me alot in high school, I haven't had anything beyond moderate depression since.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
SD doesnt raise testosterone, so that's not the cause of the the depression relief.

probably you were just happy about being on steroids...i know i am :)

Werewolf

Werewolf

Awards
  • Established
No one should have to live with depression. Depression can be deadly. Your depression is showing effect by hormones. It is very likely related to hormones, but let the experts figure it out. Get a complete blood work up looking at testosterone, estrogen and thyroid. It is very likely that testosterone is low, your estrogen to testosterone ratio is too high and your thyroid are low.

Don’t live with it! You don’t have to!

The excess fat you are carrying is both a sign of the underlying problem and a compounding factor. Excess fat raises the percentage of testosterone that is turned into estrogen which then lowers the testosterone output which then lowers the thyroid output. A vicious cycle isn’t it.

Find a doctor that understands and listens to you, if you get a bad doctor then fire him/her and find a good one.

cromwell

Awards
No one should have to live with depression. Depression can be deadly. Your depression is showing effect by hormones. It is very likely related to hormones, but let the experts figure it out. Get a complete blood work up looking at testosterone, estrogen and thyroid. It is very likely that testosterone is low, your estrogen to testosterone ratio is too high and your thyroid are low.

Don’t live with it! You don’t have to!

The excess fat you are carrying is both a sign of the underlying problem and a compounding factor. Excess fat raises the percentage of testosterone that is turned into estrogen which then lowers the testosterone output which then lowers the thyroid output. A vicious cycle isn’t it.

Find a doctor that understands and listens to you, if you get a bad doctor then fire him/her and find a good one.
I think we can all agree there, counseling and evaluation is important too. Not to offend anyone or suggest you're mentally imbalanced but use all your resourse's to diagnose the problem, because it can be fixed. I was diagnosed with PTSD after my military service and did'nt seek any counseling for a while. I was brought up in that "Be a man and suck it up" school of thought, God forbid you mention any weakness or problems.
I went to a couple of informal sessions, that's it and they helped greatly.
Incidentally, when I used phs I had a similar experience to yours. Prior to PH use I have had bouts of depression, compounded with alcohol use. I am far better off now, i do not take any medications (never have) I try to maintain an even view of life on both ends. Be sure to get both areas addressed, It can't hurt
Get well PJMC:woohoo:

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
SD doesnt raise testosterone, so that's not the cause of the the depression relief.

probably you were just happy about being on steroids...i know i am :)

Im glad someone is talking sense. Just because testosterone is A cause of depression does not mean it is THE cause of depression. I know alot of people around here want to make that jump (i think an unconscious justification of use but whatever..), but its just one of many factors here guys. And just because something is an anabolic, does not mean it raises test....

My guess is one of the following: The depression was a result of consistent overtraining, high cortisol levels, etc...the superdrol normalized (or better) the cortisol, made overtraining something less problematic, and son on.
And/or, SD, like many androgens plays with different neurotransmitter levels. Certain androgens make people really edgy and anxious, while others give sense of well being. And this is subject-sensitive. Some people feel great on dbol, others are angry and irritable.

My advice, make sure your not overtraining, make sure the depression is NOT a result of the general 'bodybuilding lifestyle'. If it is, fix your 'bodybuilding lifestyle' to a proper one (i.e. figure out your body better).
If thats all on par....then just tuck away the knowledge that you and SD are a good combination. I like winny, but it can do funny things to my moods; tren much more so (the 2 together and im anxious as ****). Learn what your body does well with for future use.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Well, certainly SD does not raise test and if I seemed to be implying that, I apologize. SD like any other steroid does bind to many of the same receptors as test and could produce some of the same effects..a rise in dopamine for example, or a million other little nuanced reactions. For me, it crashes serotonin like no other compound out there and made me essentially borderline suicidal. Fortunately, I knew what was happening and ended use.

The cortisol theory might also be a factor, but past history of depression would need to be considered.