how long to return to normal after superdrol?

nattyHST

Awards
i was planning a superdrol cycle for may 1st. however, my bachelor party is in early june, which would give me only 2 weeks of recovery. is this enough time for liver values to return to normal to allow for binge drinking? im not looking to get jaundice.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
No definitely not enough time. If you plan on starting in may, then you would still be going through your pct in june.

Zig5699

Awards
I took SD back in mid-late December '05 for 3 weeks at 20mg per day. I loaded 1000mg of milk thistle a day for weeks before and after my cycle. As of April, my liver values have still not return to "normal." My liver function is still mildy elevated!!

Take caution when using SD because it could take awhile for liver function to be back to "normal." I'm still waiting to hear from the doctor to see how severe I'm hurting, still!!!!!!!

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
no, chances are what you run for pct..nolva,clomid..will elevate liver enzymes as well. Plus heavy drinking imo is no good with recovery either.

Just wait it out bro. And hope you get completely hammered out of your mind at your bachelor party :drunk: :drunk:

nattyHST

Awards
wow, i might never use sd with how long liver values are taking to return to normal.

rocketscientist

Awards
wow, i might never use sd with how long liver values are taking to return to normal.
Might be the healthier option though... depending on your drinking habits.

nattyHST

Awards
Might be the healthier option though... depending on your drinking habits.
with how hard sd is, i would think it would be healthier regardless of drinking habbits.

right now i drink every 2-3 weeks, something i can cut down if needed, but i am not sure how long i would need to do this to be safe.

Mason

Awards
Drinking 16 oz of black coffee can reduce liver damage before a night of heavy drinking.

rocketscientist

Awards
with how hard sd is, i would think it would be healthier regardless of drinking habbits.
The main issue with SD IMO is what it does to your lipid levels. Of course all depends on your personal tolerance to these things.
If binge drinking is healthier than a 3 week cycle of SD - I'd still leave that open... your chances of ending up in the emergency room are higher with binge drinking than on a cycle of SD. And if you say 'regardless of drinking habits' which would even include alcoholism (or going on spring break lol) then you are likely wrong.

But I really just made that comment because your post somehow reminded me how everyone is really concerned about the possible health risks of steroids whereas hardly anyone thinks twice when it comes to alcohol etc. Which all comes back to the travesty of how steroids are viewed in the public. Totally different subject though.

UberPooper1

Awards
  • Established
is one night really going to hurt you that bad? i mean, how much do you plan on drinking? why would you want to be hungover for your wedding?

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i was planning a superdrol cycle for may 1st. however, my bachelor party is in early june, which would give me only 2 weeks of recovery. is this enough time for liver values to return to normal to allow for binge drinking? im not looking to get jaundice.
you'll be fine. one night of binge drinking during PCT is not going to do you much harm. the liver is regenerative.

odd how people focus on hepatotoxicity but ignore the REAL problems like HDL.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I'm happy to see that people are keeping these things in consideration for safety and in general, intelligent use.

designgray

designgray

Awards
I will never drink again since I chose to train, spend A LOT of money and time on diet and cycle AAS. NEVER.

This is all I have to say (see attched) :study:

This bloodwork is from a SD 20/20/30/20 - PCT OXO/rebound 7 week cycle.
Taken RIGHT at the end of PCT
(My gains were worth it)

I encourage us all to put the booze down for good. OMHI

Peace to all,

Attachments

bigfucer

Awards
Like I said, 16 oz of black coffee can help reduce liver damage, you should be fine..
n-actyl-cysteine will help to maybe milk thistle. sesamin hekps cholesterol try these to protect ur liver

brogers

Awards
  • Established
you'll be fine. one night of binge drinking during PCT is not going to do you much harm. the liver is regenerative.

odd how people focus on hepatotoxicity but ignore the REAL problems like HDL.
I agree

I'd be much more worried about plaque building on my arteries than the effects of one night of drinking.

nattyHST

Awards
I agree

I'd be much more worried about plaque building on my arteries than the effects of one night of drinking.

what do others think about this? will one night of 15 or so beers be alright 2-3 weeks post cycle?

it sounds like some think the liver will not be irreversably damaged, while others are more concerned about the cardio vascular system. i am not sure which to believe, as it is hard to figure out who is an experience aas user and who is the 14 year old that read an article or two (no offense to anyone on this, but i think we all know what i mean)

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
what do others think about this? will one night of 15 or so beers be alright 2-3 weeks post cycle?

it sounds like some think the liver will not be irreversably damaged, while others are more concerned about the cardio vascular system. i am not sure which to believe, as it is hard to figure out who is an experience aas user and who is the 14 year old that read an article or two (no offense to anyone on this, but i think we all know what i mean)
Cardiovascular diseas is north america's number one killer. HDL serves to remove cholesterol from the periphery and brings it back to the liver for bile creation. HDL:LDL ratio is much more important than overall levels of either. LDL has a much higher concentration of cholosterol:protein and is responsible for depositing it into the intima of arteries.

Dietary intake of unsaturated fats increases HDL levels.

As for hepatotoxicity, the liver is an organ that is remarkable in its ability to repair/regenerate. As long as no architectual damage occurs, most injury should be reversible.
cc

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
Just to add my opinion, I don't think one night will kill you. I am finishing my SD cycle today. I did 4 weeks at 10/20/20/20. My birthday fell right in between and I got bombarded with shots that night which would probably = well over 12+ beers. Other than that one night, I haven't really drank or had the desire to drink while on SD. SD kills the urge for some reason, And I love to go out drinking, always have since college. 12+ beers in a night was the usual for the weekends. Besides a slight hangover, I haven't had problems from that one night. Now, my liver might be elevated but I am sure it will correct itself in time. The body is amazing in correcting itself as long as you listen to it and do not overdue something drastically. I have a log of my SD going in the cycle forum if you are really interested.
Going back on SD, I now know a 3 week cycle is plenty, the 4th week is just worthless. I got all my gains in just the first 3 weeks. Sometimes shorter is better.

Mason

Awards

I'm 15, and **** you. I've read more than one article and I regret for trying to give you advice.

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
Hey Mason you might want to delete your posts in here and not post in here again for oh about the next 6 years or so, because you will get banned. Read the rules. No one under 21 in the anabolics section, or talking about anabolics elsewhere.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
I'm 15, and **** you. I've read more than one article and I regret for trying to give you advice.
hey quit being a d*ck and stop posting in the AAS section .. read the board rules

reading a few articles doesn't qualify one to give advice IMO

nattyHST

Awards
if you really are 15, then i regret you giving me advice as well. you have no place in aas for years. i have been reading about aas for 5 years now, and at 25 i am now considering my first cycle. be smart bro, you only get one body.