optimum duration for test cyp cycle

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.57%

optimum duration for test cyp cycle

If one was to run test cyp at 1g/week, and cost was a factor, when do you guys think a person would hit a point of diminishing return??
    I'm thinking possibly 12-15 weeks but would like some input from those who have experimented in the 1gm/week range.
    thanks

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.96%

Quote Originally Posted by pestis
    If one was to run test cyp at 1g/week, and cost was a factor, when do you guys think a person would hit a point of diminishing return??
    I'm thinking possibly 12-15 weeks but would like some input from those who have experimented in the 1gm/week range.
    thanks
    I would run it 12 weeks.
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

What has been your previous dosage? Do you really need a gram or would 750/week work?

Just test cyp? I would run it 14 weeks.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.57%

Quote Originally Posted by JonesersRX7
    What has been your previous dosage? Do you really need a gram or would 750/week work?

750/week in the past. seems there is a big difference in 750mg and 1g from my researching.

Just test cyp? I would run it 14 weeks.
    are you asking if there would be anything else other than test or a different test ester thrown in the mix?
    the cycle would be (hypothetically)
    test @ 1g/week
    tren ace @ 100mg eod (wk 1-7)
    anadrol (or possibly pheraplex) @ 100mg/day (if drol) (week 1-4)
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

12 weeks
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yes, I was asking if you were running anything else.. and you are. :-)

Run it 12 and let us know how it goes.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.08%

In my experience, 1 gram was the sweet spot before I started seeing sides.. but I know that I didn't need that much to grow, and the real priority for you should be the lowest effective dose needed to grow.

People lose sight of this and think more is more, when it's not. Granted higher doses will give you bigger gains, but there are other things to consider... sides, health, the theoritical receptor downregulation... etc..etc..

High doses.. I've been guilty of this.. running high doses of gear on a maintenence diet.. sometimes just turning it into a high dose cut... which is ridiculous.. but hey, I'm honest.

I would run it 20 weeks, but not at 1gram. I would throw out the orals, drop the Tren to use on a shorter one, and just use Test Prop along with Test Cyp for the first 5 weeks, and then just run Test Cyp at 250mg E3D (625mg/week) for the remainder up to week 20... I would then run only Test Prop 150mg EOD (525mg/week) for weeks 21-23 and start PCT on 24.... UNTIL you are recovered.. no set end date of PCT.

My reasoning is that your body is more liable to retain the LBM from a longer injectable cycle.. You are also getting the most bang out of your Cyp as it is at truly effective levels around week 5-6.

Longer, more moderate is my thinking.
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.69%

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    In my experience, 1 gram was the sweet spot before I started seeing sides.. but I know that I didn't need that much to grow, and the real priority for you should be the lowest effective dose needed to grow.

People lose sight of this and think more is more, when it's not. Granted higher doses will give you bigger gains, but there are other things to consider... sides, health, the theoritical receptor downregulation... etc..etc..

High doses.. I've been guilty of this.. running high doses of gear on a maintenence diet.. sometimes just turning it into a high dose cut... which is ridiculous.. but hey, I'm honest.

I would run it 20 weeks, but not at 1gram. I would throw out the orals, drop the Tren to use on a shorter one, and just use Test Prop along with Test Cyp for the first 5 weeks, and then just run Test Cyp at 250mg E3D (625mg/week) for the remainder up to week 20... I would then run only Test Prop 150mg EOD (525mg/week) for weeks 21-23 and start PCT on 24.... UNTIL you are recovered.. no set end date of PCT.

My reasoning is that your body is more liable to retain the LBM from a longer injectable cycle.. You are also getting the most bang out of your Cyp as it is at truly effective levels around week 5-6.

Agreed. I have ran the short cycles and like them but now prefer the easier longer cycles. I have found that I am much less injury prone and such if I don't go balls to the wall. I would however run HCG concurrently with that, 250iu 2 to 3 times a week.

As far as a point of diminishing returns on the cycle length that would be much longer then 12 week, people have ran test for years and continued to gain (not recommended). There will be a point of course that it happens just not anytime soon. A lot of people see their gains slow or stop about 6 weeks in and the usual response is that they need to eat more. IMO what most people are see is the combination of two things first that your body is getting used to the hormone level and your gains will slow somewhat. for a long cycle this can be countered simply by changing compounds (from EQ to deca, add some fina or what not) or but stating with lower dosages at the front of the cycle and increase it latter as needed. The second is that most people when on go balls to the wall without a break. most peoples bodies will not be able to sustain that level of recovery and growth without a break. I didn't believe this until an old schooler had me try a week off after every 4 while on. Works well. JM2C
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.53%

skye - a week off from training or a week off from the drugs?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.57%

thanks Ubiq and Skye. great suggestions. I usually run either 600mg cyp/wk or 750/wk but stop at week 10. maybe I'll try the same but longer and add the prop at the end along with long r3 IGF.
    also, I always run HCG at 250IU 2x/week.
    the only sticking pint for me is PCT. I am on HRT at 100gm/week and most say I dont need pct yet I always run nolva at standard protocol anyway as I am concerned about estro conversion from the previous high test levels. Any input on this side topic??
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.69%

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    skye - a week off from training or a week off from the drugs?
    The training, sorry, should have been clearer. When I am on 4 weeks hard but not full out, one off. Found myself to be much less prone to injury this way. Thats after I hit that first peak in a cycle.
  12. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.63%

Quote Originally Posted by Skye
    most peoples bodies will not be able to sustain that level of recovery and growth without a break. I didn't believe this until an old schooler had me try a week off after every 4 while on. Works well. JM2C
    In comes IGF
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.57%

thanks Ubiq and Skye. great suggestions. I usually run either 600mg cyp/wk or 750/wk but stop at week 10. maybe I'll try the same but longer and add the prop at the end along with long r3 IGF.
    also, I always run HCG at 250IU 2x/week.
    the only sticking pint for me is PCT. I am on HRT at 100gm/week and most say I dont need pct yet I always run nolva at standard protocol anyway as I am concerned about estro conversion from the previous high test levels. Any input on this side topic??
    bump for more input on pct question.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.08%

bump for more input on pct question.
    **** HRT huh? Well in that case I guess PCT isn't really needed, by definition... but maybe just taper down to your Upjohn Cyp dose..

**** I don't know, never thought about that.. you lucky bastard.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.57%

**** HRT huh? Well in that case I guess PCT isn't really needed, by definition... but maybe just taper down to your Upjohn Cyp dose..

**** I don't know, never thought about that.. you lucky bastard.
    thanks for the input. not so sure how lucky I am... HRT has really helped me out physically and psychologically but as far as cycling for pure physical enhancement goes I get more confused because I am so used to pct I feel like I am f***ing myself up if I dont do any. I would imagine going down from 650/wk to 100/wk would still leave me with a higher than desireable estro level for a while. cant exactly discuss that with my doc though.
    hence the use of nolva.

BTW, Upjohn cyp is nice
  16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.69%

thanks for the input. not so sure how lucky I am... HRT has really helped me out physically and psychologically but as far as cycling for pure physical enhancement goes I get more confused because I am so used to pct I feel like I am f***ing myself up if I dont do any. I would imagine going down from 650/wk to 100/wk would still leave me with a higher than desireable estro level for a while. cant exactly discuss that with my doc though.
    hence the use of nolva.

BTW, Upjohn cyp is nice
    not really sure, but I would go ahead and run some kind of pct. Nolvadex is always a good idea and I don't think it would hurt anything. but I really don't know on that one
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.57%

Quote Originally Posted by Skye
    not really sure, but I would go ahead and run some kind of pct. Nolvadex is always a good idea and I don't think it would hurt anything. but I really don't know on that one
    no prob... thanks for tryin. guess I'll stick to my good old nolva.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I'd just be on the safe side and run the Nolva.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need help for test cyp,var,win cycle
    By Meathead60 in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 04:05 PM
  2. Suggestions on test cyp cycle???
    By whoze2blame in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 06:43 PM
  3. Safe Duration for 2on/2off cycle?
    By savagery in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2004, 10:14 AM
  4. test enan + 1-test cyp cycle?
    By aznboy79 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 08:14 AM
  5. 1-test/4ad jumpstart with test cyp cycle?
    By Rictor33 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2003, 03:18 AM