Question for Dr. D

SeaHawk22

Awards
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have question for you. I just found out my wife is pregnant and I had read somewhere that men should not smoke pot if they are going to have unprotected sex with their partner because it may be harmful to the unborn fetus. I really could careless about smoking pot, but it got me thinking could other things have a negative effect on an unborn fetus? Would there be any harm if I took steroids, ph, or whatever?

I have two bottles of activate and two bottles of rebound sitting in my cupboard that are just itching to be open, but I can wait if means the health of the baby.
p.s I know activate and rebound are not a PHs

Thanks in advance.
SeaHawk22

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
To state the obvious: once your wife is pregnant, no direct harm can come to the fetus through anything that you physically ingest/inject/inhale, unless through second-hand effects which affect your wife, e.g. if you smoked something noxious, or ingested plutonium.

As to whether there could be any harmful effects to the fetus if the child had been conceived while the father was on AAS, that is a more interesting question. I suspect that the answer is no, that the sperm are something more like the town crier, heralding a suggested starting point for building the child - from there, the female contributes her DNA, and the construction begins.

So the question, I suppose, is could taking steroids change the DNA/chromasonal information _before_ it is passed along?

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
To state the obvious: once your wife is pregnant, no direct harm can come to the fetus through anything that you physically ingest/inject/inhale, unless through second-hand effects which affect your wife, e.g. if you smoked something noxious, or ingested plutonium.

So the question, I suppose, is could taking steroids change the DNA/chromasonal information _before_ it is passed along?
No worries guys.

SeaHawk22

Awards
To state the obvious: once your wife is pregnant, no direct harm can come to the fetus through anything that you physically ingest/inject/inhale,
I had read somewhere that men should not smoke pot if they are going to have unprotected sex with their partner because it may be harmful to the unborn fetus.

I agree, its is what I read about smoking pot that scared me, I don’t want to take even the slightest chance. I stayed away from all ph and steroids the last 8 months just to be safe knowing that we were going to conceive.

Thanks for the help :)

SeaHawk22