TSH 1.91 [0.39-4.6]

LDL 153 [<130] :(
HDL 41 [38-72]
triglycerides 112 [<140]

total testosterone 319 [250-1100] :(

free testosterone 59.4 [35-155]
free test% 1.86 [1.1-2.8]

last i was on was 6 months ago.
I have no idea while cholestrol is my messed up. i think its herditary I have been dieting and doing cardio regulary, Dr told me my LDL may stay up even if im lean doing cardio and eating rghit, dam genetics.But what realy piss me off is my testosterone level. Its freaking low, im kinda suprised also.

Doc told me my test levels are normal, but i know its realy low for my age. Im 23 only.

so i want to know hows my test levels compare with people who juices. Please post your test level if you want, whats your age, how much you juice......

Brennon

Awards
Cholesterol typically increases with low T as well. It's theorized the body increases cholesterol in order to try to correct the deficiency, as cholesterol is the building block of testosterone.

garyd85gt

Awards
well, I'm 46 and mine is 541. Is that good or just ok??

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
I'm 23 and my last test came back at 380.... never had it tested before that.

comming up in 3 months i'm going to get more blood work done to see what I am at with taking something as simple as ZMA.

ryanbodybuilder

Awards
  • Established
during your off period are you using any ATD, tribulus, activate, avena sativa, longjack to help increase your natural test levels? I would highly recommend it......to get it back to a high normal level

shct

Banned
Awards
  • Established
mine was in the 750 range ...my doctor said i was in the 90% bracket.

:woohoo:

shct
mr_min

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
I remember reading somewhere that recovering from surgery affects test levels. Anyone know if this is true or not? Got bloodwork done about 10 days after my surgery and my total came back 598. Still waiting on free test, estradiol and (I think) total estrogen.

Too Small

Awards
I had bloodwork taken 2 months ago..

Test level was in the LOW 100's...I'm 33
Chol was 275 (205 LDL)...runs in my family

I was on Testim for my Test, but it got to be a pain in the ass because it's a gel. I could not touch my daughter. I took it a little less than a month and stopped. Hoping to get into the doc to discuss injestions...of ALL sorts!!

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Are you guys getting your blood drawn in the AM, or PM? Remember, T levels are higher in the AM than the PM, assuming you are a night sleeper.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
this makes me want to get my test tested.

XxCrisisxX

Awards
Mine has consistantly been in the 250-300 range. After I get an MRI done, my endocrinologist is going to put me on HRT.

I'm 22 by the way.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
didn't get my test checked, didn't see a need. but my cholesterol was the only thing out of whack, and i blame that on adex:

LDL - 104
HDL - 25

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
Mine has consistantly been in the 250-300 range. After I get an MRI done, my endocrinologist is going to put me on HRT.

I'm 22 by the way.
your consdiring to go on HRT that young?!

that your free test levels like?!

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
I remember reading somewhere that recovering from surgery affects test levels. Anyone know if this is true or not? Got bloodwork done about 10 days after my surgery and my total came back 598. Still waiting on free test, estradiol and (I think) total estrogen.
Everyone's test should be up from looking at your avatar.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
A PHD bichemistry student at my school told me it dosnet matter whats your total test levels are. What realy matter is the free testosterone levels, because its the bioactive part of test in the body. My free test is fine, but any one knows if this is true?!

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
didn't get my test checked, didn't see a need. but my cholesterol was the only thing out of whack, and i blame that on adex:

LDL - 104
HDL - 25
Was this after your last cycle?

Umm Kemosabe, LDL not too bad, but HDL need help.

Too Small

Awards
All of my bloodwork is done 1st thing in the morning...fasting.

My Free Test level was on the low side, I just can't remember the results.

XxCrisisxX

Awards
My free test levels have been in the range of 5-15 I beleive.

Of course would rather not go on HRT at this age but I feel that it's necessary. I've been dealing with symptoms of low test for about four years now. I have always had a very poor sex drive, mild depression, very dry skin (especally my scalp), lacked confidence, I could never gain muscle (or lose fat) no matter my training or diet, and I still can't grow much facial or body hair (most people mistake me for being around 16).

In all honesty, when I finally did get tested, I wasn't surprised at all. My doctor is gonna put me on some androgel after my MRi if all checks out well.

I'm really lookin forward to feelin better.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
All of my bloodwork is done 1st thing in the morning...fasting.

My Free Test level was on th elow side, I just remember the results.
Fasting can slightly lower your results, too.

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
A PHD bichemistry student at my school told me it dosnet matter whats your total test levels are. What realy matter is the free testosterone levels, because its the bioactive part of test in the body. My free test is fine, but any one knows if this is true?!
I was reading up on this and from what I gathered it's not that it doesn't matter but free test is a better indicator as to whether there is a problem or not.

Too Small

Awards
Fasting can slightly lower your results, too.
I used to work in a medical lab testing blood. Fasting doesn't give you lower results, it gives you a more accurate result...if I'm not mistaking.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Was this after your last cycle?

Umm Kemosabe, LDL not too bad, but HDL need help.
during cycle, last week. and i use the term 'cycle' very loosely. lowered the dose on everything, and getting off adex. getting it rechecked in 3 months. good thing about ****ed up bloodwork is you're in the clear to get it checked again in 3 month intervals with insurance covering it all.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I used to work in a medical lab testing blood. Fasting doesn't give you lower results, it gives you a more accurate result...if I'm not mistaking.
Granted this example is fasting for days & not just overnight. I have read a few times before (don't recall where) that fasting lowers serum T levels.

I do see your logic for getting a more "accurate" assessment, though.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=3920232&dopt=Abstract

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1985 May;60(5):827-35.Related Articles, Links

[SIZE=+1]Effect of carbohydrate supplementation on reproductive hormones during fasting in men.[/SIZE]

Kyung NH, Barkan A, Klibanski A, Badger TM, McArthur JW, Axelrod L, Beitins IZ.

We previously demonstrated that during a 10-day fast in mildly obese men, urinary gonadotropin excretion significantly increased, and serum testosterone concentrations significantly decreased. The mechanisms by which these changes occur are unknown. We postulated that the mechanism of the gonadotropinuria might involve decreased proximal renal tubular reabsorption of gonadotropins during fasting and might be related to renal tubular reabsorption of ketones during fasting, a process that is enhanced by carbohydrate (CHO) administration. We studied the effects of CHO supplementation on ketosis, ketonuria, and reproductive hormone secretion and excretion in 14 mildly obese men, 24-54 yr old, who were 14-69% above ideal body weight. Group I (n = 6) received no CHO supplementation, group II (n = 4) received 15 g CHO, and group III (n = 4) received 45 g CHO daily during the 10-day fast (F). During the control (C) and refeeding (R) periods, all subjects received a 1500-cal diet. Daily 24-h urine collections were made for the measurement of total ketones (millimolar concentrations) and LH and FSH (expressed as international units of the Second International Reference Preparation of human menopausal gonadotropin). Values (mean +/- SE) for 3 representative days (control day 3, fasting day 8, and refeeding day 3) for all subjects are shown below: (table; see text) We also studied the effects of CHO supplementation on serum levels of pituitary gonadotropins, LH and FSH responses to exogenous LHRH stimulation, biological activity of LH, and circulating total and free testosterone levels. Neither dose of CHO prevented the decline in total and free testosterone levels. Serum LH concentrations, as measured by both the RIA and in vitro bioassay did not change significantly with fasting. Serum FSH concentrations in daily samples did not change significantly. The previously reported decline in the FSH response to LHRH stimulation with fasting was not prevented by CHO. We conclude that CHO supplementation prevents the gonadotropinuria of fasting in men. The effect appears to occur in the kidney. The mechanisms may be related to that by which CHO promotes the renal tubular reabsorption of ketones. The reduced serum testosterone level cannot be explained by a lack of biologically active LH. It appears that fasting has a direct effect on the testis, possibly by reducing its responsiveness to gonadotropic stimulation or by inhibiting steroidogenesis.

Hamurabi

Awards
my testo level was at 850 a few months ago before my first cycle. now i haven't checked it again.

gettingold

Awards
I'm 40. My test levels were very low so doc put me on clomid (50mg MWF). Test levels back up to 560 range. Still middle of the road. I've heard concerns about being on clomid for extended periods. I would like to get test levels up to max. I saw a urologist. Should I see an endocrinologist (sp). thanks--

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
I'm 40. My test levels were very low so doc put me on clomid (50mg MWF). Test levels back up to 560 range. Still middle of the road. I've heard concerns about being on clomid for extended periods. I would like to get test levels up to max. I saw a urologist. Should I see an endocrinologist (sp). thanks--
an open minded endocrinologist is what you want to see bro.

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
my test level is 213 and free level is 154. I got more bloodwork done and found out my LH, FSH, and prolactin levels are normal, so I'm set up with an endocrinologist for further testing and possibly HRT in 2 months. i'm very young...

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
My test labs came out @ 701 (249-827)

Not too shabby. Everything else was great, especially HDL/LDL. Doc said it was the best he has ever seen.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the free test is the usable test. read the activate write up and it will explain more.

tregar

tregar

Awards
  • Established
Age 37

Testosterone total = 308 ng/dL (reference range is 250-1100)

free testosterone = 46 pg/mL (reference range is 35.0-155.0)

My test levels were much higher when I was younger. Second test came back 440 ng/dL

These were both done early in am.

I believe the optimum level needed to make athletic progress in the gym is around 600 to 800 and higher I read somewhere.

Will Brinks said "It's well known that a particular hormonal milieu is needed to increase muscle mass and decrease bodyfat in response to exercise. For example, a weight lifter with inadequate testosterone leveles will find it virtually impossible to add muscle mass even though he is weight training and eats well."

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Age 37

I believe the optimum level needed to make athletic progress in the gym is around 600 to 800 and higher I read somewhere.

Will Brinks said "It's well known that a particular hormonal milieu is needed to increase muscle mass and decrease bodyfat in response to exercise. For example, a weight lifter with inadequate testosterone leveles will find it virtually impossible to add muscle mass even though he is weight training and eats well."
How true is This???????????????????????????:blink:
I was under the impression that GH secreation would/could compensate for lower test levels if nothing else..
I also thought that your ability to adapt to increased stresses was controlled by many aspects; test, DIET, rest,....
"Virtually impossible" - - does that mean impossable,.. takes a year to put on a pound,.. ?

smokey the bear

smokey the bear

Awards
  • Established
im 19 years old and just got my post cycle blood work back today. before looking at the numbers consider that this was 24 hours after my last administration of nolva@10mg and atd@25mg:

total test=1995 range(241-827)
free test=620 range(34-194)

huuumm no wonder i am still making good gains while off..

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
im 19 years old and just got my post cycle blood work back today. before looking at the numbers consider that this was 24 hours after my last administration of nolva@10mg and atd@25mg:

total test=1995 range(241-827)
free test=620 range(34-194)

huuumm no wonder i am still making good gains while off..
Your test probably was high, but a lot of that is coming from the ATD. The free test :think: I don't know if ATD affects that.

smokey the bear

smokey the bear

Awards
  • Established
im not sure about that myself, but my SHBG were in the normal range, so i guess all the extra testosterone, along with normal binding enzymes levels equals extra free test??? i was wondering about activate or whatever by ds, does anyone actually have blood work to proves it raises free test???

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
im not sure about that myself, but my SHBG were in the normal range, so i guess all the extra testosterone, along with normal binding enzymes levels equals extra free test??? i was wondering about activate or whatever by ds, does anyone actually have blood work to proves it raises free test???
I'm 99% sure that they do. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've seen it. Search around.