Pro hormones vs. Steroids

Jmazz19

Awards
Now mind you I havent used PH's since the days of Mark Mcguire and the andro rage. I notice lately alot of people claim they are just as good as the typical test deca cycle. People swear they put on 20lbs of muscle in 3 months with pro hormones. So my question is to those who have used both before, are they really all their made out to be? Or is just people who havent done an old fashion dbol test cycle that think they are wonderful? I'm not trying to affend anyone, just curious how they compare to steriods.

Xel

Awards
I think you're getting confused between the two because what eveyone's calling "Pro hormones" now are really just OTC steroids.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think "PHs" like SD have really made a good enough name for themselves to be compared to true illegal AAS.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Prohormones denote a conversion to become active in the body.

SD and some of the new designers do not, so they are not classified as Prohormones.

A good example is M1t.. it was called a prohormone, but in reality it's been known to be an oral steroid for decades... it just resurfaced in time to be sold OTC before it got banned.

To answer the question, bonafide steroids are better. But there is a thin line between that with the designers (not PH's).

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
I don't think there is a universal answer to this.
Some of the compounds referred to as prohormones are actually steroids. A lot of these have now been classified as such and are illegal. Just based on my experience there are compounds that are, or until recently were legal, that produce results that are comparable to and sometimes exceed some steroids. The down side is they also have some of the same, if not more negative side effects. Of course this is not all inclusive, and I can't speak for compounds I haven't tried.
My suggestion would be to read a couple of years worth of the anabolic and cycle threads here, and you should have some of the answers to your questions.
Sorry I can't be more specific, but again I don't think there is a universal answer.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Prohormones denote a conversion to become active in the body.

SD and some of the new designers do not, so they are not classified as Prohormones.

A good example is M1t.. it was called a prohormone, but in reality it's been known to be an oral steroid for decades... it just resurfaced in time to be sold OTC before it got banned.

To answer the question, bonafide steroids are better. But there is a thin line between that with the designers (not PH's).
To add to this, true AAS has been used for years and is much more predictable at many different angles. I would say that some true AAS are indeed safer than these Designers.

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
To add to this, true AAS has been used for years and is much more predictable at many different angles. I would say that some true AAS are indeed safer than these Designers.
Definitely....do we really have any idea what some of these designers are?

Too Small

Awards
I haven't taken AAS in 10 years. As of right now am taking SD. I'm in my 3rd week and so far not much has happened. I weigh the same...may a pound heavier. I "think" I have noticed a strength increase. Today, I am soooo thirsty it's crazy.
I feel AAS is a better way to go...depending on the cycle you plan to do. The sides may be a little worse on the PH/DS products. And, you still need to do a PCT after PH/DS cycles.
I've done a DBol/Test/Deca/EQ cycle years ago...nothing can beat DBol for fast effects (IMO). But, if money is an issue, a person can pick up a PH/DS and get some results.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
AAS definitely have a more established track record in terms of safety, side effects, what you can expect etcetera. These designer steroids race into the market with a lot of hype and all of us learn by trial and error how bad the sides are at a given level.

M1T when it came on the market took many by surprise as a lot of old school AAS users did not think an OTC roid could possibly be as effective or more dangerous than all of the stuff they had taken before. They were wrong and there were more than a few cases of choleostatic liver shock amongst seasoned users.

SD would be a close runner up in terms of gains and sides.

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
AAS definitely have a more established track record in terms of safety, side effects, what you can expect etcetera. These designer steroids race into the market with a lot of hype and all of us learn by trial and error how bad the sides are at a given level.

M1T when it came on the market took many by surprise as a lot of old school AAS users did not think an OTC roid could possibly be as effective or more dangerous than all of the stuff they had taken before. They were wrong and there were more than a few cases of choleostatic liver shock amongst seasoned users.

SD would be a close runner up in terms of gains and sides.
Very true.
And in the case of 1-test there was actually some pharmaceutical research done on it, but it was never marketed.
Once people in this community began using it with positive results, someone made the decision to make it a 17aa compound. We said, "boy this is the ****". Now you hear it referred to as "anaboilc rat poison" among other things.
Sure most of us take precautions when using any anabolic, but its kinda scary what may happen down the road, especially to people who were reportedly using 40-50 mg a day of M1T with no clue what they were doing.
You just have to hope the negative sides are temporary.

Jmazz19

Awards
I guess that kind of answers my question. I dont see how anything you could by at a supplement store at one time, could compare to AAS. Not that they dont work. Just alot of hype.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
I guess that kind of answers my question. I dont see how anything you could by at a supplement store at one time, could compare to AAS. Not that they dont work. Just alot of hype.
Pharmaceutical companies have done a lot of research to create these AAS compounds. A wide-range of papers and studies have been done from the medical to the cattle raising community. A large community of bodybuilders have been taking these same compounds for decades and sharing information. Today Chinese Chemical companies produce drugs for the big western pharms and produce AAS for the grey market. They are beginning to create traditional compounds with untraditional esters for the steroid using community. My point is that AAS are known and effective. The only unknown is in the dosage and sterility of the end products of Under Ground labs that suddenly appear and sell them. The good UGLs have their end product tested and reports are made available.

On the other hand those companies that spring up to sell these new designer "prohormones"/steroids are essentially Under Ground labs. They do not sell compounds that are well researched and proven because those compounds are illegal. They do not discover anything that is as effective because they do not have the monetary means to do so. There is no quality control because they know the game is to sell as much as they can as quickly as they can so bad batches are sold anyway. They do not have their end products tested by third-parties. They are just poor Underground Labs with inferior products that are here today but gone tomorrow.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
IMO, Im an old school guy and would go with AAS injectables. I just feel alot safer using something that has been around for the last 50 years instead of going out there and trying a brand new product. These orals wreak havoc on your lipid profile and just dont seem worth the sides.

AndroAnarchy

Banned
Awards
Superdrol = anadrol/masteron?
Halodrol = Turnabol
TRN = Trebolone
Prostanzol = winstrol

this what some people claim. how similar are they? are they the same? :think: