Thoughts on preventing ER upregulation during supressive superdrol cycles

ITguy

Awards
I started the same thread on BB.com in case anyone wants to review it, but I wanted to get Dr. D's opinion and others here as well.

It is just a theory and not proven so take this thread with a grain of salt until we get actual bood test results and more data.

But, for the sake of argument, if we assume that estrogen levels are infact "too low" during a very suppressive superdrol cycle which then causes excessive ER upregulation, one could take some DHEA in the let's say, the last 3 weeks of a 4 week SD cycle when estrogen levels should be at their lowest and androgen suppression is greatest. DHEA converts mostly to androstenedione (and androstenediol), an androgen that can raise estrogen levels. If the presence of androstenedione could prevent the body from sensing a PROLONGED extremely estrogen deprived environment during the SD cycle, then theoretically the body may not upregulate the ER's in an extreme fashion and may reduce the chances of delayed gyno from SD cycles.
A 2nd part of ER upregulation theory would be to minimize ATD use until the end of PCT to prevent the ATD from continuing the sub-normal estrogen environment that was present during the non-aromatizing SD cycle.

My rough thinking of how you could incorporate DHEA into an 4 week SD cycle would be.

week1 - no DHEA (I'm assuming that it takes several days for the body to enter an estrogen deprived state so no extra is needed initially.)
week2 - dose tbd
week3 - dose tbd
week4 - dose tbd
week1 PCT - dose tbd (reduce dose as body gets natural estrogen from natural test conversion)
week2 PCT - end dhea

benefit of supplementing DHEA during the SD cycle, since it converts mostly to androstenedione (and androstenediol), an androgen that can raise estrogen levels. If the presence of androstenedione could prevent the body from sensing an extremely estrogen deprived environment during the SD cycle, then theoretically the body may not upregulate the ER's in an extreme fashion and may reduce the chances of delayed gyno.

Dr. D. What are your thoughts on this and do you have a dose range for on cycle DHEA IF the goal was to get some of the DHEA to convert to androstenedione and then some of that to finally aromatize into just enough estrone to prevent the body from sensing a complete lack of estrogen and upregulating ER's.

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
This is a very interesting concept you have come up with & on paper it seems like it should work, well, at least when considering the chemistry behind things.

My best guess as far as dosage for DHEA while on cycle would be around 100-150mgs. Don't quote me on that & wait for Dr.D to chime in.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good to see new ideas, will be interested on hearing everyone's different views.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I always start running 100-150mg ed transdermal 7-OXO 2 weeks before PCT and through tapering the dose as PCT progresses down to 25mg ed. Primarily for the cortisol reducing effects but interesting to ponder that it might help the estro levels as well. Use of ATD after a SD cycle seems counter productive to me seeing that estro is already low without an aromatizing compund in the mix. SERM's are my weapon of choice here as they at least act as an estrogen in certain tissues. Anyhow, subscribed.

Curious if something like Powerfull from USP Labs might be a good addition for this purpose as well. ???

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
This may sound foolish and I havent researched any of this but couldnt you just stack it w/ something like PP that aromatizes only very slightly. This way you have a little bit of estrogen in the mix but not enough to cause gyno. I wouldnt want high estrogen on SD as progesteron is involved and you know where that goes. I dont see how a quick 4 week cycle of SD can cause much ER upregulation anyway.

jOn_E_QuEsT

Awards
Curious if something like Powerfull from USP Labs might be a good addition for this purpose as well. ???
I`m currently in the middle of a 2nd bottle of Powerfull that began during mid PCT (didn`t know about it until the big USP sale at nutra) and i must say results seem good. My strength is just as good (or better) than when i was on cycle. Though i am also stacking it w/ Vitrix. So it may be a comination. Anyways, my 2 cents.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
This may sound foolish and I havent researched any of this but couldnt you just stack it w/ something like PP that aromatizes only very slightly. This way you have a little bit of estrogen in the mix but not enough to cause gyno. I wouldnt want high estrogen on SD as progesteron is involved and you know where that goes. I dont see how a quick 4 week cycle of SD can cause much ER upregulation anyway.
I would personally never stack SD with another harsh oral like PP. 4AD or even better test is the way to go really IMO. SD shuts me down pretty hard and fast even while running for 4 weeks. I run 5-6 weeks personally with only slightly elevated liver levels and decent lipid profile post cycle. I am due to get blood results here shortly after this last run, I will be sure and post em up. :twisted: