Masses vs. the Guru

bentlax39

Board Supporter
Awards
Ive been doing research for my first AAS cycle which I plan on beginning in the fall and have come across numerous threads stating that a test enan only, 500mg per week cycle for about 10-12 weeks would be a solid beginner cycle. However, I've also been reading some of the e-books on AAS and in Chemical Muscle Enhancement by Author L. Rea there is some conflicting information. In his e-book Author L. Rea writes "novice steroid users should not use testosterone.... it is unnecessary... and its foolish to diminish possible future gains when gentler AAS were no longer providing results at reasonable dosages." So my question is which advice do I follow, the advice of the masses which seem to be well informed or the advice of a well respected industry guru?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i say test. i believe it is easier to recover from and much gentler than other options which can cause more side effects. JMO.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
uh, yeah.. about ALR... his ideas are very different than the common populace. He incorporates cruising philosophies and from what i read, uses long esters in not the most optimal way (IMO). Hey, if it works for him, so be it.

I don't know if I'm sold on the whole receptor downgrade theory as he is as well. But that's just me.

I do respect him, don't take this as I don't.

If you're going to start, start with Test. You guage your reaction from that. It is the base hormone, and the king hormone IMHO.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
However, I've also been reading some of the e-books on AAS and in Chemical Muscle Enhancement by Author L. Rea there is some conflicting information. In his e-book Author L. Rea writes "novice steroid users should not use testosterone.... it is unnecessary... and its foolish to diminish possible future gains when gentler AAS were no longer providing results at reasonable dosages."
Actually I have read CME and a lot of CME II and he doesn't state that from what I have read. In fact the quote I have is that he doesn't recommend enanthate as a beginner testosterone because of the difficulty in setting up PCT due to the longer ester and the jumpstarting of cycles, etc. He recommends propionate even though there are more frequent injections.

Test is fine but I wouldn't do it alone. As most people here know I am a big proponent of superdrol when you take the proper lipid/liver/bp precautions etc. 10/20/20 weeks 1-3 then take 3 weeks off and run it again then then finish out your cycle of test to 12 weeks. it is a god way to jump start things and the gains are incredible. The longer test cycle will just help solidify the solid gains you will get. If you are going to be running a cycle this long though definitely invest in some HCG.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Or you could do it Author L. Rea's way and be the subject of his next book titled Oops.

Which reminds me...$10 worth of wisdom if you can guess the title and group the following lyrics come from.

I want you all to
say oops upside your head say oops upside your head

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have had 3 national level competitors at my gym that were all much bigger than author l. rea. They were all huge fans of test. That sold me on it before I even started playing with anabolics.

bentlax39

Board Supporter
Awards
.....and the winner is TEST by a landslide. Thanks for the input