need advice asap

shanerips

Awards
Long story short- The 3rd day after my 3rd shot of Test E, part of a 12 week cycle, I broke my collarbone on a snowboarding vacation. The doctor says absolutely no weights for 6 weeks! I have everything on hand for PCT and enough Test E for two 12 week cycles and my source is very legit, reasonably priced and I can get anything I can afford in 2 days. My biggest concern is , of course, muscle loss and fat gain. What about anavar or primo for maintenance or is there a legit otc that would help me maintain. Stats: 34 yrs old, 5'9" 180lbs 11-12% bf. My plan was to get to 185-190 and 8-9% before summertime. Bring on the opinions. The painkillers are kicking in, so I'm off for a long nap and will check in tonight. Thanks in advance for any help guys.

NevrEnuf

Awards
  • Established
i would start pct and give yourself the 6 weeks to heal. Take it from me, i jus had open knee surgery right before my cycle started at the end of january. You will want to waite, watch what you eat, eat clean, and get healthy first.

don't quote me on this but i read somewhere on this board that test actually slows down bone and joint healing by something like half the rate.. I'll look for where i found the article but i would get healthy first and take full effect of the goods when your healthy.

hrtguy

Board Sponsor
Awards
Shanerips,
This is good advice actually. During the six months that your collerbone is healing, your body will decondition. However, you won't atrophy to the point of looking like an aids patient. When you resume training your body will actually be very well primed for growth and you may even set a new level of muscular development for yourself.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hey bro sorry to hear this. At the beginning of january I broke my leg. It was at the end of my first cycle. I though maybe growth maybe igf maybe this that blah blah but the best idea would be get off and run pct. Raloxifene is a very good drug in terms bmd increases. Get some ralox and start pct. You will be surprised how much you don't lose. Well at least I was. 6 weeks ain't all that long but then again I could train everything except my one leg. Little different than your case but I think you will be ok. Enjoy your time resting as much as you can bro. You'll be back doing all the *hit you hate soon enough.

old dude

Awards
Shane,
I broke both collerbones, one playing football the other playing baseball. Within a month I was back to the point where I was working out again. Take the time you need to heal up that way you wont have any problems down the road.

shatfield

Board Supporter
Awards
Shane- How badly did you break it?

I shattered mine in May of '03 and I think it was the 8 week mark before I was able to do any weights at all, let alone anything heavy.

What I would recommend (and worked for me) is take 2 weeks off completely, then start your cut down to 8-9% bf doing just cardio. By the time your collarbone is healed, you should be where you want to be bf-wise and can start a nice bulk. Just make sure your diet is good so you don't lose too much muscle.

I think in the 6 months after I got back into weights after breaking mine I gained about 15 pounds naturally. It felt like newbie gains all over again!!

shanerips

Awards
Well, I'm starting some walking and light jogging today, and we will see about weights in 3-4 weeks. I broke my right clavicle in the center. Fortunately it wasn't shattered, so if you started back in 8 weeks, I would think 6 weeks should be sufficient. The sling came off at the two week mark and the pain seems to be less and less every day. I have to start the cardio b/c my sorry ass has been eating like my 18 month old son. Whatever is in front of me I tend to eat it, but that **** is over. I forgot how lethargic you can feel with crappy food and no exercise.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
The positives here are you can control what you eat, when you do cardio, and how you see youself while healing. I really agree with the maintence diet and good, non-endangering cardio. Know your limits, and set some goals. I play much better when I know what I am aiming for. If I don't focus on something it is an unorganized attempt. Crank up that PCT and look foward to what you will be able to do here shortly. Heal quickly bud.

shanerips

Awards
Just wanted to say thanks to all the positive feedback and give a little update. I have been back training for 6 weeks now. 4 weeks into test e and fina and damn it man, I look better than I have in a long time, definitely better than before I got hurt. My collarbone is doing great, I still go light on the bench just to be safe, chest and dips still give me a little discomfort after a few sets, but that seems a little less each week. I am currently 175 at around 9-10% or a little less, top four abs are easily visible, but I have to flex to see the bottom two, but a few more weeks of training, diet and hiit and I hope to get to 185@ 8% (by the way I'm 5'9 and 34 yrs old). I always preach to people about muscle memory and I was back in pretty decent shape in the first two weeks. I must also give a big thumbs up to Scivation's Extend for pre, during and post workout. I guess it's a combo of that plus my cycle, but I almost get mad b/c I rarely have any DOMS at all. I mean yesterday was chest and I absolutely killed it, I mean almost to the point of going overboard and still no real soreness today.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 14
zzagala10 Anabolics 26
Anabolics 4
Anabolics 8
mynameisdiwas Training Forum 34