Honest advice about taking a PH

jhferry

Awards
Im a 33 male, Im in good health and I am going to be lifting again soon. I took a year or more off due to a new child and now Im moving so I will finally have some time to get back into it. I have a bottle of liquid MAG10 (1test-4ad) left over from a couple of years ago, its in the feezer now but the exp date is 2006. When I was younger, I had a very mild heart mumor but never heard anything more about it. I have used 2 mild dbol cycles in my 20's and 1 Mag10 cycle. Whats the difference now? I dont know I guess I just want to be carefull. Does anyone see any damage MAG10 can do to the heart? I dont think its thats strong to begin with, plus its oral. Just looking for opinions out there.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Why dont you get back into lifting without supps. A year off is a long time. Who knows how fast your gains will come.
Study the art first.

Also, you mentioned "plus it's oral". What does that mean to you? I dont many cases where oral products were "safer" then then others types.

If the need arises, there are plenty of compounds for sale out now that work wonders should you run out the expiration date.

Not the answer your looking for Im sure,... :frustrate

Really, now that your older, and obviously more concerned with your health, perhaps doing MUCH more research on what you would be taking wouldnt be sooo bad.

LL-Cool-T

Awards
Heres a possible suggestion...now I know I'm coming out of left field with this but hey....why dont you consult a doctor....just trying to halp...good luck.

jhferry

Awards
Thanks for the replies, what I meant by its oral is that it is not as good as a transdermal so from that standpoint is it worth it?

I know of other compounds, some are getting banned now and I have done that research and determined there is to much risk. SD is an example. Mag10 is weaker but I dont know If that makes it safer.

As far as doctors go, the second you make mention of a banned substance... forget it. I have researched this issue to death but alot of people just have no idea.

I also didnt mention, I will not be using anything except foundation stuff until I start to plataeu. I didnt mean to give the impression that I was going to do anything day 1. I have along way to go. Im just trying to decide If I should toss this in the garbage or it is safe enough to take provided I take the liver protection etc.

papa G

Awards
I ran mag 10 about 3 years ago and it's a little underdosed but you should still see some gains. I believe I gained 5 or 6 pounds off of one bottle. As far as your heart goes I would at least have your doctor do an EKG and listen to your heart to see if you still have the murmur. You don't have to mention PH's. At least if your doctor says your heart sounds ok and the tests are fine you won't be as paranoid about it. The anxiety of not knowing can make you think youre having problems when your not. If the tests turn out ok I would give it a shot. I would feel much safer running mag 10 than all these new methyls that destroy you're lipid profile. Make sure to keep your BP in check and listen to you're body. JMO

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Personally, if you are questioning whether to use this or not, then go with your gut. Dump it! It looks like you are looking for someone to give you a thumbs-up to use it. Your health is the most important thing and not something to put in jeopardy. Try training for a year or so, get back into the groove, your diet on track, get some creatine and things of that nature. Check to see where you are at that time, then decide if you want to take it to the next level.

Oh, and usually if the product you have is expired, it is usually still usable, may just not be as potent.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
1-Test always shut me down really quick and hard. I find that shut down is the worst part of ph supps. There is a kind of tendency to take them lightly because the are not hard core but they really can wack your hormone levels. Low test will make you lazy and depressed, which is no way to workout, even experienced athletes have trouble with that aspect. I have noticed that as I get older the bounce back to a base level takes longer...So, I would try and train without manipulating hormones. You don't want supplements to be a crutch, by definition they are just something to add to a good diet. Stay strong and good luck!

jhferry

Awards
I guess I should dump it. Maybe its just not worth it.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I guess I should dump it. Maybe its just not worth it.
I know it kinda sticks in your craw about losing money on a product, but if you have any doubts then don't do it. And if you know that your going to want to use PH's down the road then buy some now and store them.