evaluate routine for T-1 Pro cycle

Dave

i'll try 2 be concise yet thorough in this post. i am 33 6'0 217. i have 12+ years experience, however been out 4 a couple of years due 2 driving a stupid truck. n-eway that's over and i have been back@ it 4 2 months now. what i am doing now is what i plan 2 do on my T-1 pro cycle.

monday-
legs
45 degree leg press 2 x failure (8) 815lbs
leg extensions 1 triple drop set (failure & drop weight x 3)
leg curls 1 triple drop set (same)

calves
1 triple drop set of calve raise or 45 dergee press

tuesday
rest

wednesday
chest
incline d/b press 2 x failure (8-10) 110's
machine press 1 triple drop set

delts
power cleans 2 x failure (6) 225lbs
smith machine shrugs 2 x failure (10) 275lbs
d/b side laterals 1 triple drop set

triceps
headbangers 2 x failure (8-10) 145 lbs
pushdowns 1 triple drop set whole stack + extra plate

calves
same

thursday
rest

friday
back
deadlift 2 x failure (5) 455 lbs
close grip pulldowns 2 chest 1 triple drop set
pulldowns behind the neck 1 triple drop set

biceps
d/b curls 1 triple drop set atart w/ 75's for a good 6
@ the last set of the drop i switch to a hammer curls to hit the forearms. (like they don't get enough on this day)

calves
same

saturday
rest

sunday
rest

i only included weight amounts 2 let yall know where i'm @. i try 2 add every week. i really like this routine. i don't f&*^ around i will either get that next rep or somebodt is pickin tendons & ligaments up off the floor. so there u have it. i am @ your mercy 4 input on what 2 tweek during my 1rst ever prohormone cycle.
T-1 Pro none the less. i'll be posting pre cycle pics, and then post cycle pics. thanks alot, Dave aka. "THE TICK"

antonio

Awards
i'll try 2 be concise yet thorough in this post. i am 33 6'0 217. i have 12+ years experience, however been out 4 a couple of years due 2 driving a stupid truck. n-eway that's over and i have been back@ it 4 2 months now. what i am doing now is what i plan 2 do on my T-1 pro cycle.

monday-
legs

calves
1 triple drop set of calve raise or 45 dergee press

tuesday
rest

wednesday
chest
incline d/b press 2 x failure (8-10) 110's
machine press 1 triple drop set

delts
power cleans 2 x failure (6) 225lbs
smith machine shrugs 2 x failure (10) 275lbs
d/b side laterals 1 triple drop set

triceps
headbangers 2 x failure (8-10) 145 lbs
pushdowns 1 triple drop set whole stack + extra plate

calves
same

thursday
rest

friday
back
deadlift 2 x failure (5) 455 lbs
close grip pulldowns 2 chest 1 triple drop set
pulldowns behind the neck 1 triple drop set

biceps
d/b curls 1 triple drop set atart w/ 75's for a good 6
@ the last set of the drop i switch to a hammer curls to hit the forearms. (like they don't get enough on this day)

calves
same

saturday
rest

sunday
rest

i only included weight amounts 2 let yall know where i'm @. i try 2 add every week. i really like this routine. i don't f&*^ around i will either get that next rep or somebodt is pickin tendons & ligaments up off the floor. so there u have it. i am @ your mercy 4 input on what 2 tweek during my 1rst ever prohormone cycle.
T-1 Pro none the less. i'll be posting pre cycle pics, and then post cycle pics. thanks alot, Dave aka. "THE TICK"
What dose will you use? And what will your diet be like?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Yea, list your diet and doses as well as other supplements and the help will come faster....

For tri's throw in close grip bench, nothing adds mass to tri's like close grip bench in my opinion.
For delts, add military presses for mass....
and chest add flat barbell bench for mass.....

*I know you cant do squats so good luck on those quads....
And no abs?! :confused: :(

Dave

this is where i get a spankin, ah ah the diet i am not organized enough 2write all that s&^% down. althoug i am 33 i am happy 2 say the metabolism is still running high. i eat a whole bbq chicken 1/g gallon skim milk some veggies that might be a dinner.

breakfast 5-6 eggs 2 yellows 4 pieces of wheat toast w/ jelly some fruit more milk

a 24 oz protein shake w/ added p/butter & bananna between each meal

lunch a couple of tuna sandwiches (or subway) salad bigg un milk

H20 try 2 drink 8 glasses per waking hours

i bet yall think i'm a slob 4 being so vague on my diet, i'm sorry. i do eat mostly well but alot. i try 2 save sunday 4 hog day i will eat n-e thing just on sunday. like 4 double cheese burgers, or $8 bucks worth of taco bell. I DO NOT EAT THAT S^%$ THROUGHOUT THE WEEK.

supp
multi
flax oil
whey protein shake

abs checkout my new award winning video "abs of mush" 8^)
i am not getting on stage n-e time soon so 4 now in my bulk phase f&^% it. i'll hydroxycut day a$$ around april & start hitten em. right now i just wanna pack on the f&^%$# meat!!!!
yall c my pre cycle pics u can tear n 2 me, just remember it ain't where ya r it's where ur goin. appreciate this forum & your input.

Dave

i forgot 2 add the t-1 pro dose. basically whatever the directions say to do. i like the idea that i can pretty much get 2 cycles out of 1 bottle, 25 days x 2 per c2g. thanks again.

Kay

Awards
]monday-
legs

"THE TICK"
what ever happened to good old squats. Squats uses the most muscles as a single exercises, and it is a compound movement. As an exercise alone, squats probably illicits teh maximum secretion of GH and testosteone by human body.
Do not ever underestimate the power of the squat:D

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
He has a knee injury and squats arent practical for him.

Dave

i t has been suggested that chondroiten (?) wil help my joint pain, therefore i am going to begin using it 2-day. i would very much like 2 do squats on a regular basis, however after about 5 reps w/ 405 i really start 2get nervous about my knee. i would rather drink piss than have my knee blow out w/ even though it's only 405 any amount of weight on my back. i'll go easy and give it a try, i agree squats r king. p.s. on the diet i shoot 4 2.2 kg of protein per lb of body weight. that article yj wrote on the nutrition forum was very informative.thanks 4 the feedback, yall r helpful & patient w/ a new guy.

Blazer88

Awards
My girlfriend had major knee surgury (ACL, MCL, ect.) and couldn't do squats, instead she did squats in the smith machine which helped her get back her strength until she could stand to squat again. That worked for me once I dislocated my hip and tore my hip flexor also. Would that help?

Kay

Awards
My girlfriend had major knee surgury (ACL, MCL, ect.) and couldn't do squats, instead she did squats in the smith machine which helped her get back her strength until she could stand to squat again. That worked for me once I dislocated my hip and tore my hip flexor also. Would that help?
your injury seems pretty serious! i would stay away, even smith machine requires quite a bit of effort. Maybe start with leg press, and isolated movements.
Try squatting the bar, (you gotta check your ego at the door) and build up very slowly. Make sure you have someone to spot you at all times when you squat.
If you have one of those squat machines at your gym (they just came out with these, and i am not completely updated with these) you can ask one of the people there to help you out with those etc.

ACL, MCL are ligaments, and eventually they regain strength. In your case, your hip was dislocated, I mean must have been a serious impact, coause the hip "ball-and-socket" is one of the strongest and stable joints in the body. Guessing by your avatar, a motorcycle crash?
And usually once the socket is dislocated, its very hard for the scar tissue to come even close to the same strenght as was previously present. You also tore a muscle, which again, takes a long time ot get back to strength as compared to ligaments.

I am sure you were in physio for some time, that musta helped?
Anyways, good luck bro

gobig1

Awards
DAVE,

Squats and injuries............been there/done that!

I have had 3 knee operations (1 on right - 2 on left)

It took me about 18 months to be able to do any form of squatting, I worked up on the leg press, light extensions, and went at the pace dictated by my knees. Over time, your muscles will make up for the laxation in your knee joints, it will never be as prior to any injuries, but strengthening of the muscles that connect to the knee joint (don't forget to work the calves from every conceiveable angle) will help to bring you back under the squat rack. Don't rush into squats, work up to them and always be aware that you won't be able to squat like the guy next to you that doesn't have any knee injuries. After 18 years of running and the other crazy physical requirements of the Marine Corps, my knees are holding up pretty well, I stay within my limitations and don't try to be 20 again. Remember, if you are injured you can't train!

Along with everything else I take, I take Glucosamine/MSM for the joints. It has made a huge difference in overall joint stability and allowed me to train with more intensity and complete the daily/weekly running requirements of the Marine Corps!

GOBIG

Nelson

Advice on Workout Routine

Legs - add in SLDL after Leg Extensions. It`s a good compound movement. Your knees should be ok with this movement. But pay attention to proper form.
Chest - Bump on what YellowJacket said - add in Barbell Bench Press. Maybe even also add in decline dumbell press or dips since they`re good mass builders. I would alternate between decline dumbell press & dips every chest workout for variety.
Delts - Bump again on what YellowJacket said - add in Military Press or Dumbell Press, or alternate the two.
Triceps - Another Bump for YellowJacket - add in Close-Grip Bench or dips, or alternate the two.
Back - Definitely add in Chins or Pull-ups. I like doing Chins at about shoulder width or slightly narrower, and then doing curls.
GOOD LUCK for your cycle.
:)

deaconbill

Awards
Wide grip chins are excellent for back, dips elbows out good for chest and elbows in good for tris.  Ditto on what everyone said about squats but don't push your knees too much for the bulk.  You can work around this with other exercises much better than you can sit on your butt recuperating.  Good luck.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i dont still understand why people mention wide grip chins. wide grip pullups are great but is it actually possible to do wide grip chins? i mean, with your palms facing you during the movement, the "wideness" of the grips are limited in the range while you can stretch further with pullups (palms facing away). chins to me, i use with shoulder grip or closer. any further, your wrist very vulnerable.

gobig1

Awards
I don't think people are reading that much between the lines.......anyone that does pullups/chinups will know you can't do "palms facing" wide grip without inducing pain, NOT beneficial. The movement itself of pulling the body up while hanging from a bar is synonomous with pullup/chinup, NOT with palms facing or palms away (grip style).

Speaking from my personal experience of 18 years in the Marine Corps......as "pullups" are the first of 3 parts to our physical fitness test, I have seen every kind of variation for a pullup/chinup that exists!:D I do mine wider than normal for the test, as wide as I can for increasing back width, yes I have been told I have a wide back, as I can't see it, the objective opinion of people is what I have to go by, my opinion is that they have made a definite difference to back width and lat development.

Gobig