Personal Trainers and Anabolics

chauncy

Awards
I'm 28 yrs old and have been working out seriously now for about 2 years. In the past I worked out on and off, especially during highschool. I have always feared anabolics primarily due to the chances of developing a case of gyno. I've been reading as much as I can on these forums and elsewhere to try to glean the best amount of knowledge I can get. I would feel better about starting a cycle with some sort of guidance . Not to mention the procurement of goods I would need. My question is whether or not it would be a good idea to find a personal trainer in my area to help me with this?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
It depends what kind of help you need, and a trainer may not necessarily be the best option available. Some still think you'll die from 200 grams of protein daily. If you need help with injecting then I doubt anyone would help with that but we can help you plan out a cycle based on your goals

Rocky82

Awards
  • Established
I'm 28 yrs old and have been working out seriously now for about 2 years. In the past I worked out on and off, especially during highschool. I have always feared anabolics primarily due to the chances of developing a case of gyno. I've been reading as much as I can on these forums and elsewhere to try to glean the best amount of knowledge I can get. I would feel better about starting a cycle with some sort of guidance . Not to mention the procurement of goods I would need. My question is whether or not it would be a good idea to find a personal trainer in my area to help me with this?
Most "trainers" i see at gyms nowadays look like crap. The only thing worse than their physiques is their base of knowledge regarding bodybuilding. What are your stats/goals? I'd pretty much bet my life on the fact that you arent anywhere near your genetic potential and dont need anabolics...

size

Awards
  • Established
No. It is not a good idea to get a trainer involved in your decision as to use or not use AAS. You should educate yourself on the subject and then make an educated decision.

UberPooper1

Awards
  • Established
trainers suck. i know from experience. i used to be one.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
^^^ Your not very confident in yourself are you?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
what a ridiculous question... I'm sorry.

Bump size, rocky, and uberpooper.. Knowledge is power.

sot5243

Awards
Most personal trainers are little guys with 14/15" arms and stick man legs............what would they know about anabolics? They are more interested in dating old ladies at the gym and flexing their stick arms.

Why would they condone steroids to begin with?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Well bro I'm a PT and I have been approached a few times on the subject and I play dumb every time. A smart trainer (one that knows about AAS anyway) will not want to mix that kind of business with how he makes his living.

My advice is read up and learn that's your best option.

And I'll be damned if you guys are some PT hating biatches:D

chauncy

Awards
Most "trainers" i see at gyms nowadays look like crap. The only thing worse than their physiques is their base of knowledge regarding bodybuilding. What are your stats/goals? I'd pretty much bet my life on the fact that you arent anywhere near your genetic potential and dont need anabolics...
I have shopped around and I have noticed that I am not at all impressed with their physiques. I think you might be right about me not reaching my potential yet, I admit there is a feeling in me that wants to speed up my growth.

chauncy

Awards
Its not a confidence thing but one that is more of an impatient thing. I'd like to make some nice gains this year. However I think I could get to my overall goal in a few years.

chauncy

Awards
Well bro I'm a PT and I have been approached a few times on the subject and I play dumb every time. A smart trainer (one that knows about AAS anyway) will not want to mix that kind of business with how he makes his living.

My advice is read up and learn that's your best option.

And I'll be damned if you guys are some PT hating biatches:D
Thanks for the advice

UberPooper1

Awards
  • Established
i am confident in myself. i wasnt saying i suck as a trainer, but since being a trainer ive been able to see for myself who these people are. im one of the few bodybuilder/personal trainers. its dumb to go to a personal trainer for advise on anabolics. its in a way doublethink.

what a lot of you need to understand though is that not everyone that works out is a bodybuilder. you guys are *****ing about people having 14 or 15 inch arms...what is that supposed to mean? i know plenty of great personal trainers that are skinny guys. just because they are skinny doesnt mean they arent knowledgeable and cant help you get big if you want to. its just not their style for themselves. most trainers are out there to live a full, exhilerating, healthy life. long distance bikers, rock climbers, marathon runners...thats their style. ive just recently discovered how much fun i can have with my body if im not constantly worrying about eating. i went rock climbing the other day, i skipped a meal, it felt great...

you guys that ***** about peoples size adding to their knowledge are somewhat clueless. even personal trainers that are somewhat overweight can still have a huge knowledge on it. ya, it is probably bad for buisness but that doesnt make them any stupider. you think someone would go to a professional bodybuilder for advice on being a healthy, fit individual? heck no. being big and being healthy are two TOTALLY different things. i hope none of these pro bb'ers are organ donors...they will cut these guys open and say "what the hell?"

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure that knowledge and the way the person looks doesn't always go hand in hand, but c'mon now. At the gym I go to we have a fat lady, a really skinny kid (he looks like he's barely over the age of 18) and various other weaklings who personal train. I guess when you know absolutely nothing about fitness anyone who knows a little something is better, but some of these people don't even look like they work out. I just think it's funny when you see a fat lady being trained by an even fatter lady. Nothing against PT's, but just a personal pet peeve of mine.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
i am confident in myself. i wasnt saying i suck as a trainer, but since being a trainer ive been able to see for myself who these people are. im one of the few bodybuilder/personal trainers. its dumb to go to a personal trainer for advise on anabolics. its in a way doublethink.

what a lot of you need to understand though is that not everyone that works out is a bodybuilder. you guys are *****ing about people having 14 or 15 inch arms...what is that supposed to mean? i know plenty of great personal trainers that are skinny guys. just because they are skinny doesnt mean they arent knowledgeable and cant help you get big if you want to. its just not their style for themselves. most trainers are out there to live a full, exhilerating, healthy life. long distance bikers, rock climbers, marathon runners...thats their style. ive just recently discovered how much fun i can have with my body if im not constantly worrying about eating. i went rock climbing the other day, i skipped a meal, it felt great...

you guys that ***** about peoples size adding to their knowledge are somewhat clueless. even personal trainers that are somewhat overweight can still have a huge knowledge on it. ya, it is probably bad for buisness but that doesnt make them any stupider. you think someone would go to a professional bodybuilder for advice on being a healthy, fit individual? heck no. being big and being healthy are two TOTALLY different things. i hope none of these pro bb'ers are organ donors...they will cut these guys open and say "what the hell?"
I totally understand what you're saying, I was just messing with ya.