MEPS blood tests?

exposed

Awards
I'm appyling for the Air Force HPSP scholarship to pay for my medical school and I have to get a physical at the local MEPs next week.

I came off a cycle of 3 weeks of pp followed by 3 weeks sd one week ago.

My real questions are:

Does meps do steroid testing? I assume no cause of $$ issues but i have gotten alot of different answers from people.

What do they get in the blood panel? Will they see anything that might make them think im unfit, hdh, ldl's etc?

I have been taking nolva (of course), 10g of fish oil ed, 5g milk thistle ed, 1200mg ryr & coq10, Is there anything else i can do to help safe gaurd myself.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
99% likely that they DON'T do steroid testing.

Aside from that, you'll be 2 weeks removed from a 6 week mild/harsh oral cycle. You're HDL will probably be lower than normal still, but nothing like ~5 when you were on. Also liver enzymes may be elevated still, but not too high.

In case you don't know me, I work in a lab similar to where your tests will be done.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
OK this is scary...I typed a response and it disappeared in a weird way...I'm not going to touch this topic again! What if "they" are onto me??? Seriously!!! Never seen anything like it before...

Suffice to say I agree with the what the last person said. If MEPS tested for gear, I'd have been in deep doo-doo long ago....!

EDIT:

Well *THREE* edited copies of the original post I typed appeared in this thread AFTER I posted the message you are seeing now! Scary! I don't know much about computers but it's enough to make me worry...

exposed

Awards
OK this is scary...I typed a response and it disappeared in a weird way...I'm not going to touch this topic again! What if "they" are onto me??? Seriously!!! Never seen anything like it before...

Suffice to say I agree with the what the last person said. If MEPS tested for gear, I'd have been in deep doo-doo long ago....!

EDIT:

Well *THREE* edited copies of the original post I typed appeared in this thread AFTER I posted the message you are seeing now! Scary! I don't know much about computers but it's enough to make me worry...
I had a similar issue posting the start of the thread also, I think it was my connection.

Thanks supersoldier, I'm assuming I'm in the clear for the most part then.

wannabuild

Awards
I'll have to agree with supersoldier, I too work in a lab....

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established

EDIT:

Same here. If meps tested, it would have been a wrap for me!

herc11

Awards
I happen to be a recruiter and as far as I am told the blood test only tests for STD's and HIV.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
even if they do test you, both of the items in question are legal. they can't do ****.

exposed

Awards
even if they do test you, both of the items in question are legal. they can't do ****.
Very true, I was only worried because I'm applying for the scholarship and I didn't want to raise any red flags with the committee and get rejected.

You would be suprised by the hoops you have to jump through to get into medical school and get good scholarships, minute things like this can hurt you pretty bad depending on the type of people who are reviewing your applications.

Thanks for the info guys.

darius

No worries bro, you got this just like how we all have a ton of M4OHN sitting around.