Legal supps - less hazardous or just less effective?

Jeff Rippe

Awards
We know that the latest breed of methylated legal supps (like Superdrol) stress the liver to some degree. We know the same about illegal gear (such as Anadrol). We also know, almost without question, that illegal gear gives more results than legal supplements. Consequently, it takes more quantity of a legal supp to get similar results.

So, my question is, what are getting in the legal supps as far as good-to-bad ratio? Are they just as hazardous but less effective or are they less all the way around?

I am afraid there is a new public misconception that if a supp is legal it must be safe. If these "methylated" compounds are all equally hazardous then we have a worse situation than before illegal supps were banned.

Comments?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Well we have 30 years of people taking AS and about 3 years of people taking legal prosteroids so who is to know IMO.

CROWLER

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
They are just less illegal. Each substance has to be evaluated on its own merits or demerits. Doing otherwise is folly.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
For me it comes down to legailty. If steroids were legal I wouldn't think twice about doing a cycle of test/deca and dbol over something like superdrol and ergomax. Don't get me wrong, obtaining illegal steroids nowadays can be pretty easy, but I'm just not willing to risk jailtime or even worse, divorce. It's obviously much easier and safer to go online, go to a supplement website and purchase some Superdrol than it is to search out a 'reliable' source for some illegal supplements. With that being said I think we all know that most illegal steroids are just as safe if not safer than these designer steroids you see nowadays. And like Crowler said we know more about illegal steroids than we do these newer designer steroids.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
I am afraid there is a new public misconception that if a supp is legal it must be safe.
Yep and conversly if it is illegal it must be more dangerous.

In July, 1996 the New England Journal of Medicine published a study entitled "The Effects of Supraphysiologic Doses of Testosterone on Muscle Size and Strength in Normal Men". The men received injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate or placebo weekly for 10 weeks. This was the highest dose ever administered in any medical study of athletic performance.

What has always been obvious to the bodybuilding community that this dosage will add muscle when coupled with proper diet and training was finally firmly established in this study. But of far more importance is the study’s failure to identify any severe side-effects from this dosing scheme.

Here is what the study found:

That serum liver-enzyme concentrations, hemoglobin concentrations, hematocrits, and red-cell counts did not change in any study group;

That plasma concentrations of total and LDL cholesterol and triglycerides did not change in any study group;

That there was no change in the serum concentration of prostate-specific antigen in any group;

That no significant changes in mood or behavior were reported by the men on the Mood Inventory (standardized scale) or by their live-in partners, spouses, or parents on the Observer Mood Inventory; and

That there was an absence of systemic toxicity during testosterone treatment.

Now compare these findings to the self-reported bloodtests from those on say Superdrol - in essence lipids and liver enzymes take a hit.

Which drug is safer?
Which drug will result in more lean muscle mass?
Which drug is more cost-effective?

It appears that testosterone is the safer more effective drug.

Which drug will currently send you to jail for mere possession?

Only the testosterone will make you a criminal. So Superdrol is a "safer" drug to possess if you value your freedom. Health vs. freedom is the choice one must make in the "Land of the free".

jOn_E_QuEsT

Awards
Yep and conversly if it is illegal it must be more dangerous.

Which drug is safer?
Which drug will result in more lean muscle mass?
Which drug is more cost-effective?

It appears that testosterone is the safer more effective drug.

Which drug will currently send you to jail for mere possession?

Only the testosterone will make you a criminal. So Superdrol is a "safer" drug to possess if you value your freedom. Health vs. freedom is the choice one must make in the "Land of the free".
:goodpost: well said my friend...:clap2:

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
good to see you back strategos