Why not 2 week SD cycles - AnabolicMinds.com

Why not 2 week SD cycles

  1. Registered User
    Basso's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,178
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    857

    Why not 2 week SD cycles


    I know 3 weeks is optimum for gains, but I also see most people start having sides in the 3rd week. I agree with the argument of keeping it down to 3 weeks, but what is the reason for not doing short 2 week cycles. It would seem you would be able to reduce sides, and fit more "mini" cycles in with less threat to your health. Albiet the gains would not be as much but I'm trying to look at the big picture and maximize gains for the long haul and keep my liver in tact.

    Any thoughts or data?

  2. Senior Member
    LCSULLA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,759
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1021

    Quote Originally Posted by Basso
    I know 3 weeks is optimum for gains, but I also see most people start having sides in the 3rd week. I agree with the argument of keeping it down to 3 weeks, but what is the reason for not doing short 2 week cycles. It would seem you would be able to reduce sides, and fit more "mini" cycles in with less threat to your health. Albiet the gains would not be as much but I'm trying to look at the big picture and maximize gains for the long haul and keep my liver in tact.

    Any thoughts or data?
    A lot of people don't see any gains until the end of the second week. Also many people jump to higher dosages before they see any gains, so more sides.
  3. Registered User
    Basso's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,178
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    857

    I'm in day 9 of my first cycle and I've gained 10lbs. I guess what I'm asking is, would there be any negatives to only doing 2 week cycles rather than 3.
    •   
       

  4. Board Supporter
    doggzj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    951
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    595

    Quote Originally Posted by Basso
    I'm in day 9 of my first cycle and I've gained 10lbs. I guess what I'm asking is, would there be any negatives to only doing 2 week cycles rather than 3.
    Shorter period of gains, less potential side effects.

    2on/4off/2on sounds pretty nice. Most people just want to "go big", which isn't always the best.
  5. Elite Member
    BigVrunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,063
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2681

    I'm in day 9 of my first cycle and I've gained 10lbs. I guess what I'm asking is, would there be any negatives to only doing 2 week cycles rather than 3.
    A lot of that weight could be water/glycogen retention, chances are you arent going to gain a ton of LBM in the first 2 weeks of a cycle. Id be willing to bet, out of those 10LBS maybe 2-3 lbs are lean tissue.

    However, I dont think there are any negatives with a short cycle at all! I havent used SD, but if I didnt it would be for 2 or 3 weeks tops.

    2 on 4 off 2 on might be a great idea, but I always questioned that approach because it just causes a big fluctuation in your HPTA. You shut down, you barley come back, and you shut yourself down again. Doesnt seem like a good idea to me, but then again that's an opinion based on research more than actual experience

    I remember with 1-test, a lot of bros were running 4 on 4 off 4 on, and they'd be generally side effect free until the 2nd 4 weeks. That always steered me away from that on/off/on method.

    BV
  6. Registered User
    jonny21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,254
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    3914

    Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    A lot of that weight could be water/glycogen retention, chances are you arent going to gain a ton of LBM in the first 2 weeks of a cycle. Id be willing to bet, out of those 10LBS maybe 2-3 lbs are lean tissue.
    I'd probably be willing to bet that the actual lean tissue gain was <1lb out of the 10. This has been discussed on the board ad nauseam. It is not possible to synthesize that much lean tissue regardless of AAS. Unless of course you consider fluid and glycogen as LBM. I think they serve their purpose though. More glycogen= muscle fullness and endurance. I think the cycle that extends a little longer will have better actual LBM gains as a result of utilization of the extra glycogen stores.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  7. Registered User
    Basso's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,178
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    857

    Well I lied, after the I posted last night I weighed myself at 12lb gain. Anyway I'm estimating 2-3lbs LBM, and I'm thinking 5lbs in 2 weeks is pretty sweet gains. I'm just tossing the idea around, I'm going to go 3 wks for this cycle, but it's very difficult to for me to have 7 good solid weeks I can dedicate to eating/lifting/sleep etc. 4-5 wks chunck are a lot easier to come by. Oh well maybe I'll win the next powerball and quit my job.

    For on/off/on cycles I was considering 2on 6-12off 2on. Really just depends on how I come back, but seems like 2 wks would be fairly easy to recover. Biggest problem would be the temptation to go back on to early.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Looking to do a 6 week SD cycle
    By ComeBackMan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 10:45 PM
  2. 2 week SD cycles
    By Movin_weight in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 11:51 AM
  3. Hows my new bulking cycle look? Not a sd cycle!
    By ub6ib91 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 11:25 PM
  4. finally finished a 3 week SD cycle..
    By stillinthegame in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 10:11 AM
  5. Help me with my 4 Week SD Cycle Bulking
    By spitboy2000 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-12-2005, 03:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in