t-3 question

A

anapolack

Banned
Awards
my girlfriend is hypo....so she was on synthroid which is levothyroxine sodium....i have a ug connect that sells Liothyronine Sodium a whole lot cheaper........can i order her a bottle and put her on that ****?........seems similar

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My GF is a pharmacist and has some little cross-reference book, and when I looked both of those up, they were indeed cited as a valid X-reference.

D

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
synthroid is easier to control. I think it would really depend on how the prices differ and what type of risks you are willing to take. Dr D. takes T4 year round(?) and he always recommends that for thyroid replacement.

A

anapolack

Banned
Awards
price difference by a few hundred a month....a reputable ug lab has the t-3 in liquid suspension....my gf takes 75 mcg a day......im thinking start her off on 50 mcg?

A

anapolack

Banned
Awards
now if my girl is on synthroid.....i believe its a t-4 replacement....will i be fuckin her up by giving her t-3?....would guggels help?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Synthetic T4 (Synthroid) will not work if the enzyme required to convert T4 to T3 is not normal. Often patients are placed on Synthroid or a similar drug for low thyroid and feel no different even though the TSH levels become normal. The reason is obvious. Their T4 is not converting adequately to the active T3 hormone or not enough T3 is getting into cells for whatever reason. The blood test looks great — the patient feels lousy.
You need to be very carefull with this. You could reduce the T-4 dose and add a small dose of T-3 to compensate for the differance (not mcg for mcg as T-3 is much more potent). Perhads drop the T-4 to 50mcg and add 10mcg T-3. Run that to access tolerance and slowly ramp dose in small incriments like 5mcg.
I am no expert, this is more theory than fact so take it as that.

A

anapolack

Banned
Awards
well she was on 75mcg of synthroid...........i was thinking oit would be cheaper giving her 25mcg of t-3 because i can pick it up dirt cheap