What am I doing wrong? Clogged filter?
- 02-19-2006, 05:21 PM
What am I doing wrong? Clogged filter?
So I'm doing my first conversion with fina H. I dissolved the pellets, mixed in the oil, ran it through a coffee filter, all without any trouble. Sweet!
When I put the Whatman filter on, however, I started to have trouble. After a few minutes, I couldn't get anything to come out of the pin and into the vial no matter how hard I pushed on the plunger. I didn't want to blow the filter, so I changed it out and thngs went smoothly for a while, but then I had the same problem. this time I continued pushing, however.
That was a mistake. The filter blew and about 3-4 ML went flying. Some of it actually went in my eye and burned like a sum-bitch for a while.
Anyway, is there a chance that the filters just got clogged? I realize that it is a slow process and I was being fairly patient with it. Any advice is appreciated.
- 02-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Man why are you using some pellets anyway? I don't know anyone that use pellets or have used pellets in about 2 years. Most use pharmaceutical grade powder.
- 02-21-2006, 01:41 AM
Originally Posted by asap nutrition
02-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Exactly.Originally Posted by bearmeat
02-23-2006, 05:05 PM
To each his own man.. how can you knock him for doing this the way that many people do it.. its a tried and true method of homebrewing... regardless of what most people used- he used the pellets...Originally Posted by asap nutrition
03-07-2006, 03:50 PM
I still convert pellets, if I could get a hole of some pharma grade Tren I would but since I can't I have no choice to convert the pellets
Tren is a ***** to filter because I don't think you are supposed to heat it. So the oil is a ***** to get through the filter. I heated my tren to get it through the filter and it turned a nasty brown. I injected it however and had no problems.
I guess you just have to be patient or get a vacuum filter
03-07-2006, 06:42 PM
first off this is one of the reasons to use the crystal fina rather then the coffee filter. I am assuming that your using a kit. It sounds like you ether A. didn't filter enough of the binders out or B. someone gave you a fliter that doesn't have a prefilter built in to it. In the latter case get a new filter (the right kind) and try it again.Originally Posted by AgentOrange
If its the former then I would try to refitler the solution. I don't recomend a coffee filter though, try using a high grade pollen/dust mask as this tends to work much better. just be careful on what type you get.
if this doesn't help please post the type of filters you have, the kit your using, and the rest of that type of info
03-07-2006, 06:48 PM
you can heat it just don't cook it. fina oxidize pretty easy so just warm it enough to help with the filtering. also if you remove the air from it (pull a light vacum on it) it will stay clear.Originally Posted by mildain
03-07-2006, 11:11 PM
If you are going to use the coffee filter method I'd recommend you do this: With the tren/filler/BA/BB/oil all mixed up together, let it sit for 16-24 hours.
Take an 18g needle and attach it to the syringe you're gonna filter with. Carefully draw up all the liquid from the top and midddle-bottom that has seperated from the binders. Once you've got all that out write down on a piece of paper how much you were able to draw out and squirt it into a bomex beaker. Next, take a funnell that fits the beaker and place your coffee filter inside the funnel, now pour the remaining fina/fillers/sludge into the filter/funnel. Let it drain for around 30 minutes then gently squeeze out any remanining fina liquid you can ge. You soluion should be golden brown with some murky liquid that came from the filter. Then just heat it up, draw it up with your syringe and run trhrough a.2um (or if you feel lucky a .23um millipore) filter omtp a sterile/sealed vial.
If you pour the entire mix of fillers/binders/oil/fina/etc. through a coffee filter you are going to end up with alot more filter clogging junk that it can handle. By drawing up the "clean" solution ifirst, you don't have to deal with nearly as much of the binders used in the pellets. The yeild is never going to be 100% but this is the way I've always done it (without a kit--i just use benzyl alcohol at 3% and benzyl benzoate at 15% for the "magic/dissolving solution" along with oil, syringes, 2.um whatmans,etc. One thing I'd suggest is to crush all the pellets up by using the straw method or a mornar/pestle before adding them to the solvent. That alleviates the pain-in-the-a#$ getting the to dissolve and shaves several hours off the time of the conversion.
03-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the post Skye. I believe the problem was the filter. I order a couple of Whatmans and had no trouble at all - piece of cake.Originally Posted by Skye
Similar Forum Threads
- By 00126645 in forum SupplementsReplies: 15Last Post: 04-05-2007, 09:41 AM
- By halljo in forum SupplementsReplies: 23Last Post: 06-20-2006, 11:55 PM
- By jeff33333 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 14Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:28 PM
- By Chad in forum AnabolicsReplies: 32Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:40 AM