running anavar alone for men

N

nattyHST

Awards
i am currently dieting down from 205lbs at 12% to hopefully 200lbs @ 9%. when i reach my goal i was thinking about trying a safe oral cycle.

i have superdrol on hand, but don't think i want to put the strain on my liver or increase my blood pressure. i was thinking about a 6 week anavar cycle at 40-50mgs ed. i know it is expensive, but money is not as important to me as my health.

my goal is simply to put on as much lbm as i can in a safe manor after i slim down. does anyone think var alone is a poor choice? i was also looking into winstrol, but wanted to hear what some of the more experienced members of the board think. (17 year olds at 165lbs that ran 1 cycle of superdrol need not reply. your an idiot and have no place in aas yet. im 25 and i am not sure if i do!)

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
i am currently dieting down from 205lbs at 12% to hopefully 200lbs @ 9%. when i reach my goal i was thinking about trying a safe oral cycle.

i have superdrol on hand, but don't think i want to put the strain on my liver or increase my blood pressure. i was thinking about a 6 week anavar cycle at 40-50mgs ed. i know it is expensive, but money is not as important to me as my health.

my goal is simply to put on as much lbm as i can in a safe manor after i slim down. does anyone think var alone is a poor choice? i was also looking into winstrol, but wanted to hear what some of the more experienced members of the board think. (17 year olds at 165lbs that ran 1 cycle of superdrol need not reply. your an idiot and have no place in aas yet. im 25 and i am not sure if i do!)
I think Anavar is an excellent choice, but any 17a methyl oral will put stress on liver. Granted, I do not think strain is as extreme as some make it out to be. If no pre-existing liver issues should be fine. Elevated enzymes don't always indicate liver damage.

Anavar can cause elevated BP, it did with me. I amped dose up too quickly I believe. Start @ lower dose and increase over few days to maintenance dose. Hawthorne was helpful also.

If you are looking for instant gratification then I do not think anavar is the AAS to go with. Modest lean gains as well as noticeable increase in strength & endurance were what I received.

If I were to do Anavar again I would dose 15mg-40mg for week 1 & 2 and @ 50-60mg for week 3 thru end.

N

nattyHST

Awards
how were your gains on your var cycle? what did the cycle look like? pct?

any other oral only cycle that can be done safely w/ gains that will stick around after pct?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Ive heard tbol is pretty good, I will know for sure sometime this spring ;)
TBOL has hardened me up really nice @ 50 mg. I'm finishing my 3rd week, didn't notice much until the end of the 1st week. I got 5 more weeks and I'm liking it

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
are tbol sides as low as var?
I haven't used anavar yet, but I haven't noticed bloat or any other discomfort on TBOL, I actually seem to be in a better mood than usual.

J

johngalt

Awards
If you're trying to gain as much lbm as possible then anavar probably isn't what you're looking for. Granted, it'll give you several pounds of high quality muscle and possibly increase your vascularity which will make you look that much more impressive. But if pure mass is what you want, SuperDrol or one of it's copies would be the better route. Or just pin 500mg of test e per week. People seem to respond well to that too.;)

R

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would say that a stand-alone anavar run is very safe and a great way to go. Great gains at a good and steady pace. Only problem with the stuff is that it is expensive. I will give it a go one day.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thinking that var would be "safer" than superdrol is not smart.. We all react differently to androgens, seeing that you've never used var you're not sure if you're in the minority who bloats and has bp issues from it.. Superdrol, on the other hand, taken with proper supplements can still give good gains without worry.. I've used SD without any lipid or liver problems, and only took r-ala and 20g each of fish/flax oil..

T

Throw2far

Awards
Many people claim that Anavar is the "Safest". It is the WORST among the orals on your HDL and LDL, an area that you should be very careful.

If you did do Var only go ATLEAST 50mg ED...

Bigpetefox? what? Superdrol? ummm howbout Anadrol, Dianabol, maybe even Turanibol but superdrol? umm no.

T

Throw2far

Awards
Superdrol, on the other hand, taken with proper supplements can still give good gains without worry.. I've used SD without any lipid or liver problems, and only took r-ala and 20g each of fish/flax oil..
Why point a newb in the direction of Superdrol? I don't get it. Either tell him to stick himself and do a real cycle or atleast procure some Methandrostenolone but Superdrol bro? You can't be serious...

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Truthfully, I'm not to point anyone to anything they don't know how to deal with.. You could just give your opinion, we allow that here.. ;)

T

Throw2far

Awards
Indeed. Just seems alot of people talking about Superdrol and Prothisorthat... Seems silly.

F

FINAFINAFINA

Banned
Awards
Ya tru. Alot of people think that it is "harder" to deal with AAS than Prohormones. They are better in EVERY WAY. They give better gains, less sides and best of all LESS MONEY!

R

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LOL, I was just going to reply to Throw but I just realized he's been banned. I LOVE THIS PLACE!

:icon_lol:

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
LOL, I was just going to reply to Throw but I just realized he's been banned. I LOVE THIS PLACE!

:icon_lol:
yeah there was a fresh crop of idiots that sprouted recently and were banned. This guy was blasting ph's in alot of his posts. I doubt if these guys ever even tried them. I ignored ph's in favor of gear up until this year, and regret it. Some are extremely effective.

Btw- someone mentioned var being the worst on lipid profiles. Anyone agree with this or have a link with some info?

D

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Lets be honest here. These aren't phs at all. Some people in the community just aren't smart enough to see that.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dog is right why do we keep naming these PHs?

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Well, you don't go into your local health food store and ask for the new steroid by anabolic extreme. We all understand what they are and the dangers associated with them, it's just often used as a generic statement for the legal supplements. And some of them are prohormones(although most were banned and pulled off the market).

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established

Lets just call them supplements to be on the SAFE side of things. We don't want any negative attention being drawn to supplements, we get enough of that.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Lets just call them supplements to be on the SAFE side of things. We don't want any negative attention being drawn to supplements, we get enough of that.
Yeah, that too.:D

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do agree but calling them Phs tend to make (uneducated) people think these are weak or absolutely harmless supplements.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I do agree but calling them Phs tend to make (uneducated) people think these are weak or absolutely harmless supplements.
I understand your thinking, but take a quick look at some of the sd threads here.The potential dangers of these things are stressed over and over and over....you get the point. Every effort is made to educate people when they ask about this stuff, to include proper pct, support supps, sensible dosages, etc., almost to a fault. The people here generally lean on the sensible use side of all supplements, aas, etc.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Bump to this question. I am curious about this myself.
Most AAS will upset your lipid profile. As far as Anavar being the worst I have yet to hear that. I have heard that Winstrol is quite extreme on your lipids though. Regardless, unless there is some pre-existing liver issues or cholesterol issues I would think that your lipids would return to baseline. I ran anavar >6 weeks, did a ~4 week PCT and then took of ~4-6 weeks after and my lipids were excellent: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/454610-post17.html

I used no cholesterol supplements, only EVOO.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Most AAS will upset your lipid profile. As far as Anavar being the worst I have yet to hear that. I have heard that Winstrol is quite extreme on your lipids though. Regardless, unless there is some pre-existing liver issues or cholesterol issues I would think that your lipids would return to baseline. I ran anavar >6 weeks, did a ~4 week PCT and then took of ~4-6 weeks after and my lipids were excellent: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/454610-post17.html

I used no cholesterol supplements, only EVOO.
yeah this was my thinking too. I know aas can alter lipids, but never heard of anavar being the worst.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I studyed gear from the time since i started bodybuilding (and have only used mohn-which is similar to anavar, and superdrol) from what i studyed Anavar is by far the safest of all steroids. Anavar is used in children with stunted growth to make them grow taller. Anavar (and if im not mistaken mohn) doesnt is the only(maybe mohn) steroid that doesnt close growth plates. Women and Children have taken Anavar for certain resons- its been a long time since i studied this and i forget what women use it for. Anavar doesnt need pct. Anavar does need liver protection. Thats what i remember studying

anyone else heard this

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anavar needs PCT, regardless of how "safe" it happens to be..

I wish I could put a sledgehammer to the dildo who started the whole "anavar won't shut you down".. :rolleyes:

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have also read, from various sources, that anavar will not shut you down. however in all of these descriptions it did mention the "no shut down" was dose dependant. i would imagine that if you used anthing over 20mgs of this stuff a day it would indeed shut you down, although not as much as other AAS.

"Oxandrolone works specifically by amplifying the amount of growth hormone (GH) released per burst without altering GH secretory burst duration, frequency, or the GH half-life"

this is another sweet aspect of var.

i also found this-
"Oxandrolone will not shut down a man's pituitary-gonadal axis. There is no evidence that it suppresses testosterone or sperm production, which is why it's the oral of choice when pyramiding off steroids. Many bodybuilders have tapered off anabolic usage by switching to Oxandrolone at 30 mg per day and slowly reducing the dosage by 2.5 mg every five days until endogenous testosterone production is back to normal"

this seems very oldschool to me and i would be no means recommend it. just food for thought.

VAR will harden everyone up very nicely and has a reputation among powerlifter as a very decent strength improving drug on a mg per mg basis.

women tend to use var the most due to its low androgenic effect. primo is also popular among women for this purpose in case anyone wanted to know

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'll just take the word from the endocrinologist I've had lunch with a week ago on what she knows about this product as far as shut-down is concerned.. ;)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Var and D-Bol as bridges are pretty old school ideas and don't know why they are recommended, mnight as well stay on Test all year long if that's the case because you will be shut down.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'll just take the word from the endocrinologist I've had lunch with a week ago on what she knows about this product as far as shut-down is concerned.. ;)
i wasnt suggesting that var didnt shut you down at all, just to a lesser extent than lets say a testosterone or a dbol.

personally i do not trust a good 70% of doctors. half of what they do is guesswork. also, many doctors publicly agree that steroid users are years ahead of them on concerning aas effect and use. i mean godamn it took the world medical community until 1996 to unanimously agree that steroids built actual muscle. we knew this in the 60's, if you dont want to count Nazi experiments...

the HRT guys are probably up to date on things but Joe MD I do not trust.

in one sitting i had a doctor tell me
- Tamoxifen could in no way shape or form affect testosterone levels
-m1t was not a real steroid
-testicle size had nothing to do with testosterone production
-testosterone production had nothing to do with erections

do you trust your doctor? :wtf:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My actual doctor uses gear, and I did mention my friend was an endocrinologist, so hormones are her business... Do I trust them? Damn right I do, especially when they sympathize with my thoughts and help me learn more about these "evil products"..

True, many doctors would rather tell you eating sawdust is healthier than dbol, but not all of them are in Merck's pocket..

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
has any male ran anavar alone and can honestky say no shutdown occurs?

also in chemical muscle enhancement by Author Rea , he sayd anavar doesnt need any pct whatsoever and is has a very low dht conversion rate if any? is this a safe hairloss drug....hmmm sounds tempting no shutdown and no hairloss , and no sides ...if its true id spend the money on it alone. Id get a prescription from my Doc of course=)

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
you will be shutdown from anavar. It may take a little longer but it's inevitable.

S

spiderman7

Awards
so youve ran anavar alone right?

and when you did you do post cycle therapy or no post cycle therapy?
I'm interested in how much Anavar you need a day while cutting. Planning on 20mg daily for 50 days.Will I notice a difference and will I be able to maitain that strength and endurance a year later with a good PCT.

I

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt suggest running anavar alone. I think any other AAS should always be stacked with test.

Also, I dont think 20mg will be enough. Your best bet would be to run 40-50mg for six weeks stacked with prop.

S

spiderman7

Awards
I wouldnt suggest running anavar alone. I think any other anabolic steroids should always be stacked with test.

Also, I dont think 20mg will be enough. Your best bet would be to run 40-50mg for six weeks stacked with prop.
There goes that needle thing again. I do not want to gain weight just strength and endurance. Guess I'll need some
antibiotics.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
a friend of mine loves var 60mg ed and eq 600mg/week

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
There goes that needle thing again. I do not want to gain weight just strength and endurance. Guess I'll need some
antibiotics.
What does that mean?
Probably figuring for infection s'dary to injections.

I have run anavar alone for 6 weeks and then trialed some napoism for 7 days or so during the last week. I experienced no symptoms of shutdown while on the anavar alone. 3 days into the napoism I did lose libido and by day 6 noticeable testicular shrinkage which I didn't experience with the anavar. I did not have any bloodwork done, so whether shutdown ocurred I do not know.

If you are just looking for an anti-catabolic/anabolic while decreasing recovery time then anavar should fit the bill. I am not sure where I read it but even small amounts 5-15mg/day have been shown to be anabolic (increased LBM) even in those that do not participate in resistiance training.

I did not experience any great leaps or bounds in strength but recovery time was phenomenal. Just my .02

R

remarc

Awards
which one?

Hey, guys!

I am continuing this post with a question: what should i use superdrol for one month or anavar for 2 months? Money are not a concern. I am intereasted in:

1. gains as lean as possible (i might say dry!)
2. very low liver toxicity

I have read a lot of posts about this two compared one to another and havent decided yet.

I would appreciate very much any help. Thank you!

R

riftvalley50

Awards
A three week superdrol cycle sounds like it might be right for you. Read through this thread and see what you think.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/51520-matts-superdrol-log.html

Hey, guys!

I am continuing this post with a question: what should i use superdrol for one month or anavar for 2 months? Money are not a concern. I am intereasted in:

1. gains as lean as possible (i might say dry!)
2. very low liver toxicity

I have read a lot of posts about this two compared one to another and havent decided yet.

I would appreciate very much any help. Thank you!

R

remarc

Awards
My personal trouble with superdrol is that it hit pretty hard my liver. I just want to know if Var is less harsh on the liver or its about the same.

Anyone can help me with that, please!

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established